IGNORED

Random Yardage Question

Note: This thread is 4940 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hit my 8 iron 150 yards and still use a regular shaft on my driver. My driver I hit from 240 - 260 yards

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

congrats , maybe some tighter dispersion with a stiff ;)

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

I hit my 8 iron 150 yards and still use a regular shaft on my driver. My driver I hit from 240 - 260 yards

You have R shafts in everything. Is your signature up to date?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Got the same results from the calculator as other folks. Drives a little too long. Short irons a little too short.

Probably has something to do with your irons. Maybe they should have a field for the loft of our 5-irons since it's all based on 5-iron yardage. I play older irons with more classic lofts and found all their predicted yardages to be right on the money.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Problem with the calculator is that if I put in a conservative distance for my 5 iron, the distance gaps between irons become larger than they are. Why should I want to put in a conservative value for my 5 iron ...... experience tells me that if you use distance for your let's say pure hits, you will be short a lot of times......

What I normally do is taking one club extra, if I am too long ..... well that is great, but most of times we don't hit pure shots and one club extra is in at least 90% the perfect club...... at least in the irons.

My conservatives are :

58LW-80 / PW-105 / 9i-116 / 8i-127 / 7i-138 / 6i-149 / 5i-160 / 4i-171 / 3i-182 / 2i-193 yds / 3W-220 / Dr.-260 yds.

Driver and 3W are sometimes shorter/longer, but iron averages are pretty good...... in between distances are just gripping down about 3/4 inch.

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

If you mess with the data entry values, even for the better, you'll notice that better stats have a negative impact on the scoring clubs distance. I guess the better you get at golf, the shorter you hit. At least that is what it is showing for me. It was also about 5 yards short for my irons.

I hit my PW 115, my 7i 145 (carry). I swing my driver around 95 mph (stiff shaft). How far should I be hitting the ball with driver, 4w, and 3h? (Decent contact). I just want an opinion about reasonable yardages to shoot for at that swing speed or lower.

That's me, pretty much. You driver will carry 210-220, haven't hit a 4w in 4 decades, 3h ~185.

I have two issues with the calculator:

1. I now have to check 50+, :(.
2. It really should specify loft for the 5 iron. this can vary the results significantly.

I hit my 26 degree 5 iron 170 to 175 carry. the number for the irons, even with my "50+", are very close. the woods are way long for me, unless you count roll. I carry my 10.5 deg driver, regular shaft, 220 average and as high as 240.

So, to the OP, your numbers are close to mine and the Recreational Golfer. I would expect yours to be similar.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The Calculator was Pretty Accurate for me. My actual distances are...
D: 260
3W: 220
5W: 180
3H/4H: 210/180
5:170
6:155
7:135
8:125
9:115
PW:110
56*: 60

A four foot putt to win never gets any less terrifying.
-David Feherty

If I ever get happy with myself for finishing 12th or 15th, someone needs to put my clubs away and I'll take up tiddlywinks.
-Ian Poulter

Ive got a similar swing speed with driver and I average about 225-230 total(carry+roll) on a decent swing with good contact occasionally getting to 250 with a really good one with my longest ever being in the 285-290 range off an elevated tee on a downhill par 5 with wind at my back. Hit my 3 hybrid about 200-205, my 4 hybrid about 180-190.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

This is a fun little online calculator. If you are honest with yourself about your skill level and swing mechanics, it generates fairly accurate estimates for your shots:

This website is scary close. The only club that was off was driver (wood) it was a little short but not by much. Pretty cool site.

In My GT Stand Bag

Driver L5V 10.5*
Fairway Wood S2 15*
Hybrid 20* IronwoodIrons Eye 2 BeCu 4-PW (have the 2 and 3)Wedges C3 56* and 60*Putter Zing iWiShoe Air Tour Saddle Ball e7

Note: This thread is 4940 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!