Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
golfheaven

Easiest Fairway Wood to Hit off Tee Box & Fairway?

29 posts in this topic

I'm a high handicapper and was looking to add an easy to hit 5 wood to my arsenal.
I thought that a higher face (rather than a shallow face) would be more forgiving; yet,
after having just tried a G15 5 wood with the shallow face on the driving range, I hit it long and straight. Frankly I was surprised.

Any thoughts on these woods: XCG3 Tour Exotics, Ping G15, Adams Speedline Fast 10, Baffler Rail.

Any others I should consider?

THANK YOU!

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Get the Nickent 4DX 2 Ironwood 17*, it gives you similar distance to a 5 wood. Very easy to hit and has a deeper face. This club is very cheap. $40 new on ebay.

Get the Nickent 4DX 2 Ironwood 17*, it gives you similar distance to a 5 wood. Very easy to hit and has a deeper face. This club is very cheap. $40 new on ebay.

That looks like what I need too! Thanks for the info :)

Just thought I'd drop by and give you my $.02, since I just got myself a new fairway wood 2 weeks ago.

After some consideration, I decided to go with Cobra S2 Fairway Wood. The club gets a lot of positive reviews and I got a pretty good deal out of it, too.

The head is beautiful and has a traditional look when it sits behind the ball. I am able to get 8-10 yards passed my old 3-wood without a lot of effort. I thought the club was excellent and I was glad I made the right choice. The fairway wood actually convinced me that I should get the S2 driver, to be honest with you. It's that good.

If you had a chance, try it, and you won't be sorry.

Yep S2 ... the way to go, actually I bought the S2 driver at eBay without trying it first, but after reading some reviews I decided to give it a try ..... many people said it wasn't a club for a low midcapper before I got it, now they see me hitting it ..... change of views !!! I also bought the 15* 3W and it is about the first 3W I can hit from the fairway with confidence and the face it is deep enough to hit it from the tee.

I would have to say, Check out the TaylorMade Burner. The woods and hybrids are on sale and i bought some. I like them SO much more than the Clevelands i was hitting before.

The 07 Burner is pretty nice from both Tee and off the deck. I've also hit a Diablo Edge Tour that was very nice from both, I'm currently looking for a good used one.

I have a TEE CB1 that's pretty solid from both, maybe could be a touch shallower face to make it truly easy to hit off the fairway for high handicappers like myself.

I'm using Cleveland Launcher 3 and 5woods - both are easy to hit. I've also used the 07 Burner and loved that.

I bought a Ping K15 a couple of weeks ago. It's real easy to hit, both off the deck and off the tee.

Not just the Cleveland Launchers.
The Cleveland Hi-Bore woods are very nice too.
They hit well off the tee and off the turf and are very accurate too.
Very affordable as well.

I've had great difficulty hitting my fairway woods... to the point where I considered not carrying any. I had an 18° Ping G10 hybrid that I was hitting almost as far as my 3-wood, and as far or farther than my 5 wood. I also hit it much more consistently. So... I started really seriously looking for a used G10 15° hybrid.

Then... just for yucks (because they are so ugly)... I tried a G15 20° hybrid. WOW! I hit it 10-15 yards further than the G10 18° hybrid (about 210-215 yards). So I tried out the G15 17° hybrid... but I didn't hit it much further. A sales person (teaching pro) told me I should try a 4-wood to replace both my 3 and 5 woods, and then go right to the 20° G15 hybrid. I told him I couldn't hit a fairway wood. He brought over a G15 4-wood and told me to try it. He also got me set up better than I had been. (I'd been moving the ball back and forth in my stance, in an effort to hit the ball, and it was too far back.) I was just crushing the ball (at least for me) off the mat... 230-240 yards (this is driver yardage for me!). I've had similar results on the course. Birdied the first par 5 I played with it! So now I'm bagging the G15 4 wood, and G15 20° and 23° hybrids, and I'm pretty happy with that aspect of my game.

I've had great difficulty hitting my fairway woods... to the point where I considered not carrying any. I had an 18° Ping G10 hybrid that I was hitting almost as far as my 3-wood, and as far or farther than my 5 wood. I also hit it much more consistently. So... I started really seriously looking for a used G10 15° hybrid.

I like the cut of your jib, sir! The G15 hybrids are ugly, but I also hit them great (for me). Nice solid whack off the middle, too. Have had several comments from playing partners when using them off the tee. "Man that sounded sweet!"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

R9 4 wood

Couldn't hit a fairway wood until I found this club. I hit it alongside the G15 fairway and liked it as well but hit the R9 a little bit better. It sits really low and very easy to tee off with.

Easiest - MacGregor Eye-o-matic
Longest - Cleveland Launcher
Scariest - Ram persimmon

I like and have the new Ping M25 and N25s too. I also have a 9 blade razor I shave with. hahaha. Sorry to troll. I need some new fairway and shorter woods too. Im looking at the nickents after hitting my friends too.