IGNORED

I hate being left handed.

BadGolfer
Note: This thread is 3548 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Every time I see a price drop or sale on an item it always for only right handers. You can't test anything in stores because chances are they won't have it. I literally drool with envy at all the right handed putters in row upon row at stores, then go over and test the 3 left handers they have sitting in the corner.

What if, for example, I want to test the Ping G5, G10 and G15 to see if I can go with a cheaper model? Nope, can't do that. Especially not now that the g10s are on sale (right handed only apparently). Same thing with burner irons I wanted to go try. Even after going to multiple stores, good luck getting more than one model from each brand.

How nice it would be if your main priority when looking around to buy something wasn't checking the club head to see if it is lefthanded (they never are).

I agree, Golfsmith has aisles and aisles of clubs for righties, but only about 20 woods and 10 wedges for lefties. Same with gloves, all the high end gloves are for righties, lefties get only cheap versions.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

haha Yeah being right handed has its benefits..

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

I've heard that lefties account for about 20% of the population. If golf retailers had 20% of their inventory for lefties, I'd be OK with that, but no such luck. My local Golf Galaxy is OK for lefty gear, but my local Dick's Sporting Goods runs hot and cold, and the local Sports Authority store completely ignores left-handed golfers. So, I wind up buying a lot of stuff online based completely on reviews.

Driver: Taylormade Burner 2008 TP
3 Wood: Adams Insight BUL 3W
7 Wood: Callaway Steelhead III 7W
3 Hybrid Cobra Baffler DWS 3H
Irons: Taylormade RAC LT2 3-pw

Wedges: Taylormade RAC 52*, Cleveland CG14 56* Putter: Taylormade Monza Spider Ball TP Red LDP

I'm right there with y'all. It's hard to demo ANYTHING. I've had luck scoping out company tour van schedules in your area, they seem to always have all available lefty products with them.

905T 10.5°
HiBore 15°
Rescue TP 19°
695CB 4-PW
rac Fe2O3 50°, 55°, 60° Teryllium Newport

I've heard that lefties account for about 20% of the population. If golf retailers had 20% of their inventory for lefties, I'd be OK with that, but no such luck. My local Golf Galaxy is OK for lefty gear, but my local Dick's Sporting Goods runs hot and cold, and the local Sports Authority store completely ignores left-handed golfers. So, I wind up buying a lot of stuff online based completely on reviews.

Seriously! You go on eBay and ~15% of clubs for auction are left-handed. You walk into EdwinWatts/GolfGalaxy/etc. and it's more like 1.5% left-handed stock.

905T 10.5°
HiBore 15°
Rescue TP 19°
695CB 4-PW
rac Fe2O3 50°, 55°, 60° Teryllium Newport

Every time I see a price drop or sale on an item it always for only right handers. You can't test anything in stores because chances are they won't have it. I literally drool with envy at all the right handed putters in row upon row at stores, then go over and test the 3 left handers they have sitting in the corner.

i hear ya man, it does suck. i was at one of our local pro shops yesterday because we were waiting to see if it would stop raining so we could resume our round (nope that didnt happen) and while we were in the proshop we looked at all the equipment. i found 0 gloves, 0 irons and 0 drivers and fairway woods for lefties. i did find 1 odyessy putter in there.

Does this trend of small lefty stock carry over to demo days/fitting vans as well, or do they recognize that there are still lefties out there that want to test all this equipment they have on the market nowadays? i was also curious, where do all you fellow lefties out there purchase your gear if you can't find it in your local store?

In my Bag:
Burner 460 Driver 10.5deg stiff
Burner #3 Fairway Wood 15 deg stiff
MP-68 Irons with Project X 5.5 Shafts & Golf Pride New Decade Multicompound Grips
Spin Milled 52.08, 56.11, 60.07 Wedges White Hot XG 2-Ball SRT Putter

There are alot of used left clubs out there.... much cheaper than right handed clubs..

R7 CGB Max Driver 10.5*
Big Bertha Diablo FW 18*
Burner Plus Irons 4-PW, SW
X Tour Forged 50*
60* VP109 Putter

I've heard that lefties account for about 20% of the population. If golf retailers had 20% of their inventory for lefties, I'd be OK with that, but no such luck.

According to Wikipedia only 7%-10% of the adult population is lefthanded.

Today it is quite normal to play lefthanded when you are a lefty, but about 10 years ago and before 95% of the lefties started golf right handed...... so the left hand golfmarket is something of the latest years......

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

I completely agree. I feel like a leper when I go in to golf smith and ask for anything. I get laughed at and said "its in the back corner". And gloves OMG its a joke. They have three gloves. I played as a single and I was shocked but I was paired with 2 other lefties. Any how, just need a place that actually has some sort of selection of equipment and gear

MX-23 3i-PW : FT IZ Tw9 52

Take being left handed and live in rural America a few weeks ago I decided I wanted a new driver, called the "local" golf shop, 60 miles away to see what they had, one TM, one Cal, when I asked about getting fitted, he replied that they don't do that for woods?????? Only irons, needless to say I didn't bother going. Went back to the usual route, buy something on Ebay, hope I like it or in the garage it goes. The other thing about being left handed is everyone on the course knows who you are when your playing, I'm one of 2 at our course. I don't play with a glove, could never get one...

I don't have many issues. I find good deals on clubs on ebay and the glove selection at golf galaxy is fine. The only thing I dislike about being a lefty is that most courses don't set up well for a left handed draw and that is the only shot I play. It does suck that we don't have options to demo things but I've also gotten great deals on clubs.

Brian

Since there are fewer lefties you can get some good deals on ebay. I also believe since there are fewer lefties they make less money off of lefty clubs so its not worth there time or investment to bother making all models in lefty. Like the new Mizunos I believe only the MP63 are lefty kinda sucks if you wanna make a combo set huh.

In my Nexos

Driver R9 10.5*matrix ozik xcon 6
3wood dunlop Reaction 15*
hybrid Rescue 09 19* Aldila Re*ax 65 S Irons 755 3-PW project X flighted 5.5 Wedges MP T-10 52* 07 DG S300 WG 706 56* 12* bounce DG Wedge flex1018...

To the OP, if your location of "Earth" is anywhere near a PGA Tour Superstore (or if business ever takes you to one of the cities, i.e. metro Atlanta, etc), the lefty section is fantastic, you can demo anything you want in one of the hitting bays/launch monitors, and the clearance section often has amazing deals on models from a year or two ago (with a much better selection for lefties than righties on the clearance stuff because it doesn't fly off the shelves as quick). Better than any brick & mortar golf store i've ever seen including some very large Golfsmith and Edwin Watts around ATL.

I too (as others have mentioned) have bought many a club online based on reviews as well...

Driver: Cleveland Classic 270, 10.5*
Fairway Woods: Adams Speedline LP (3 & 5)
Hybrids: Wilson Staff Fybrids 21*, 24*, UST V2 stiff
Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour, 5-PW, Rifle Project-X (flighted) 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland CG15 DSG 52* & 58* +/- 56* Niblick

Putter: Yes! Amy

Is it really that much of a suprise? It's basic economics. Businesses are going to produce more for the larger market, which is right handed.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

I feel bad for all you lefties. But just think of all those righty first basemen out there. It's damn near impossible to find a righty firstbaseman's glove.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3548 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!