IGNORED

Can Tiger win the Fed Ex Cup?

majorchamp
Note: This thread is 4969 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just curious if statistically Tiger can still win the Fed Ex Cup? I assume winning the last 2 events would allow him to be the Fex Ex Cup champion? Can a top 5 and a Win do the same?

Just wondering.

if he wins this week he'll more than likely be in the top 5 in the standings (probably 2nd/3rd) meaning it will be in his own hands in a couple of weeks, so yes, its possible

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

With the points reset before the Tour Championship, all the 30 players in the last event got a mathematical chance to win the cup.

Getting as high as possible in the BMW will give anyone a better shot at winning the cup.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As bad as Anthony Kim is playing missing all the cuts, how come he is at 34th which is much better than Tiger? I still don't understand this FEDEX cup point system.

Uh, didn't you realize that when Orion's Belt is at its brightest, and the sun shoots out a solar flare at 15,344 miles in diameter, and there is am embedding solar eclipse...you gain 21 positions in the FedEx System?

god...everybody knows that!

As bad as Anthony Kim is playing missing all the cuts, how come he is at 34th which is much better than Tiger? I still don't understand this FEDEX cup point system.

Because the FedEx Cup is a year long system. For every tournament you play in (and finish at some position), you get FedEx Cup points. AK has gathered more than Tiger because he's got more top finishes.

AK: 1 win, 1 2nd, 1 3rd, 4 top 10. TW: 0 wins, 0 2nds, 0 3rds, 2 top 10.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

WOODS HAS NO CHANCE Boys !!!!

hE WON'T EVEN PLAY THE LAST TOURNAMENT W/ 30 GUYS.

Taylor Made driver (today)
Sonartec 4w - Nippon steel
Nickent Hybrid - Nippon steel
Mizuno MP 32 - Nippon steel
Cleveland Wedges (Lotta chrome)Putter by BettinardiYikes Batman, you have a mongrel bag !!!

• Administrator
WOODS HAS NO CHANCE Boys !!!!

Way to join in after two rounds of this tournament have been played.

The OP is from before the BMW started.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yeah, it's tough to figure out. We're not sure where we are or how we got here, and we sure don't know where we'll end up.

It doesn't strike me as the kind of event that FedEx would want to sponsor.

Note: This thread is 4969 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!