IGNORED

4 wood suggestions/ switching up my clubs

2bGood
Note: This thread is 4950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am thinking about pulling my 5 wood from the bag. At the moment I have 4 iron, 21* hibred 5 wood and 3 wood so it is a little crowded at the top end of my bag. This has not been an issue as I have carried a 52* and 56* wedge and been fine with it, but lately I am hitting the ball a bit better and PW is going around 130, and my 52* is 110. I don't like this big gap, so I want to put a 50* in the bag, then a 54* for 100 yard shots and a 58* for around the green, but to add a wedge I need to drop a club.

At the top end of my bag my 4 iron is a solid 190 club for me, my HB is 200-210, my 5 wood is 210-220 and my 3 wood is around 220 off the deck and bit more off the tee.

I like the hibred as it is my club of choice for ugly lies in the rough. I tend to hit the 5 wood very well off the turf and my 3 wood is a great club for me off the tee. I am thinking a 4 wood would fit the bag nicely. I will lose a little distance off the tee, but when i am using 3 wood and not really worried that much about hitting it far.

Right now I have Callaway 2006 x series woods and I like them, but I would not mind trying something new for me 4 wood. Any suggestions?
Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

Hi 2bGood, sorry if this not is appropriate, don't mind me asking, what is your budget?

Kaz.

2011 Bag: Yonex EZONE, PRGR Egg/Spoons, Yururi Irons, LIMITED HEARTS Wedges by Master Sasaya and Scotty Cameron putter. see below.

You might just drop the 5W and continue with 3W. Or, if you want a 4W, look for a Callaway FT - the model came with a 4W, and I've seen a couple on clearance.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hey 2bgood,

I was in the same boat not too long ago. I carried a 3w and 5w and 3-PW, 50*, 54*.

I switched it up by adding a G15 4w and getting rid of the 3w and 5w. Also added a 58*. Probably one of the better decisions that I've made.

I'm a big fan of the G15 fairway wood so far. It looks great at setup and has been wonderful off the deck and off the tee for me.

If anything, give it a look and a couple swings.
Driver: 10.5 Adams Speedline 9032LS with VooDoo XNV6 X-stiff
Fairway Woods: G15 4wood with Serrano 75 X-stiff
Irons: Ping i15 3-PW w/ AWT Shafts
Wedges: Spin Milled Oil Can Vokey 50deg/54deg/58deg
Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza SpiderBall: Taylormade PentaBest Score 2010 Season: 75Home...

I would not mind trying something new for me 4 wood. Any suggestions?

I made the switch a while back and got the SQ^2 4-wood. The Victory Red woods have a 4-wood. I see your hybrid is a Mizuno: the F-50 and F-60 woods are popular and have a 4-wood model. Ping and Cleveland also make 4-woods (I went to a golf show back in February and asked just about every manufacturer if they make one in the current year's models) that are worth looking at.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hi 2bGood, sorry if this not is appropriate, don't mind me asking, what is your budget?

I am cheap (; Okay not really, but I tend to buy used clubs 90% of the time and I don't mind technology that is a year or two "out of date". I know I didn't answer your question, but I would spend $300 on a great 4 wood, but I am more likely to spend $100ish on a used version.

3 and 5 Wood X
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

You might just drop the 5W and continue with 3W. Or, if you want a 4W, look for a Callaway FT - the model came with a 4W, and I've seen a couple on clearance.

I have the FT hibred and I like it, i got a neutral version but I still find it likes to draw a bit too much. I have to watch out for at as it the right lenght for a 205 yard par three at my home course that has OB left. It gotten my in trouble left a few too many times on that hole, or of course if I aim for the right bunkers, the damn thing seems to go straight.

3 and 5 Wood X
Irons AP2

Look into a Wishon 949MC or a Tour Edge CB1 or 2, they can both be as long as many 3 woods I have owned.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Another vote for the G15 - just an incredibly easy to hit 4W and it's plenty long. If you are looking for something on the cheap, give the G10 4W a look. You can find them for under $100 used and it's also a great stick.

Why a 4-wood?

If those were my stock yardages I'd work on your 3-wood swing and decide between the 5-wood or 3-hybrid.

Based on your 4 iron yardage, your 3-wood should be out to at least to the 230-240 range.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I have a SQ Dymo 17* 4 Wood and it is a really nice club to hit. It goes around 240ish+ and is easy to work either way....also good in the rough as it has a slight V Sole on it.

I got it because the Dymo series are so cheap at the moment

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Note: This thread is 4950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!