• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ronaldkuntoro

Driver Swing-weight?

15 posts in this topic

What swing weight do you have on your driver?

Please kindly mention the driver model and shaft weight.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Cleveland DST Tour with Diamana Whiteboard X-stiff, rated at D4 swing weight.

Swingweight D5... Other info below in sig line.

D5 may be a bit heavy, but I battle against overswinging, so weight helps with control.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

GEEK DCT- VS Proto 70S - D4
'09 Burner TP- Matrix Radix HD7 - D4

Callaway FT Tour 9.5'
Diamana WB 73 S tipped 1/4"
D3 swingweight, 44.5"
Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cord

Cobra S2
9.5* Stiff
Stock Cobra Fit-On Max 65g 46" shaft
Stock grip (god I want that part to change -.-)
D5 Swingweight

Cleveland DST Tour with Diamana Whiteboard X-stiff, rated at D4 swing weight.

more details:

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5* Diamana Whiteboard X-Stiff, 44.5". D4 swing weight. NDMC black/white grips.

R7 Quad
Grafalloy Blue 63g R, 44..25
C1 swing weight
Winn Lite.
40g counter/internal weight
Hit this thing a ton

R7 Quad

Whoaaa this is very light for a Swing weight.... do you feel this is too light?

Callaway FT5, 45" Aldila DVS shaft 65g, D2 weight.

Dont mean to highjack your thread but do you guys think D2 is light? I just got this driver and my miss with it are duck hooks. I never had this problem with my Cobra driver. Obviously, I know its more my swing but do you think the D2 weight adds to this miss?

Whoaaa this is very light for a Swing weight.... do you feel this is too light?

Not at all. After redistributing the weight taken out of the shaft, head, and grip of the club to an area around my hands, it made it easier to control. I found I increased my club head speed 3-4 mph after doing this. I placed the internal weight 5" down from the butt end and turned my fade into a slight draw.

Ping G-15 (198g)
Aldila NVS 45 shaft (45g)
Winn Lite grip (20g)
45.75"

im not sure the swingweight, but its ridiculously light. i havent had it weighted since the new shaft was installed.

Would you please tell me the swing weights for the Drivers listsed, three have normal grip, one a jumbo:

1  Cobra LD Speed F

2  Cobra S9-1 with Jumbo grip

3  Cobra ZL

4  Cobra L4F and L5F

Thank you

ColG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • Ball likely in casual water but uncertain
      Interesting. It seems to me that if the ball is in a tree, even when camera follows it, they do not alllw a drop without shaking the ball loose or pulling a Faldo. This happened to Rose this season, they could see a ball with binoculars. They heard it go in the tree but not come out. Had to re tee.
    • Irons, Irons, Irons!
      That's what I'm realizing.  I was at Dick's yesterday and now that all the new models are coming in the old one's are being discounted dramatically.  But I think I'm going to stick with the ping eye 2 irons since everyone seems to be at a consensus that they are fine to be starting out with.  However, I may be in the market for a driver because some of these drivers are so inexpensive right now. I'm considering the callaway xr or x2 because it's like 129 bucks or something.  Right now I play a nike ignite 450cc. I paid 20 bucks for it and it's been great the only thing is, I'm hearing some noise down by the hosel which i suspect isn't the best thing but the face isn't cracked or anything.  It sounds like there is sand in it.  Anyways, I appreciate all the feed back I'm new to site but really like the community of golfers and the fact I can get on here and really express any concerns or ask questions. 
    • My Swing (coop6)
      It pretty much is, I'm not going to debate 5 degrees with you. As I've said repeatedly, Tiger's swing and a standard swing do not require rotation. On this shot he rotated 5 degrees, not much. If you want to play with rotation to closed enjoy. I prefer to keep the club square. 
    • Struggles of turning pro
      http://thesandtrap.com/blogs/ Normally you must be an Established Member to create a blog, but I've enabled this for you now.
    • No Forearm Rotation - Biggest Swing Flaw?
      Completely bogus. The arms (forearms) rotate in every good golf swing. Here's an old thread that's appropriate for this discussion.   Also, I don't think I've ever really seen a golfer, throughout his backswing, rotate his forearms the opposite way. For short periods of time, maybe a few golfers "counter-rotate," but all end up rotating some. No, there won't be "arguments" over this, or there shouldn't be, because… like many things, this is pretty much a fact. There really doesn't need to be an argument or a discussion. It's a knowable, understandable thing. Hunter, like every other PGA Tour pro, rotates his forearms during the backswing. You're rotating your arms as you do this. It's subtle, but if you just pick the club up straight without rotating, you'll have the shaft resting against the top of your head. Look at where the back of your left hand points. Toward the target at setup, and then rotated to put the club on your right shoulder. Turn to the top when the club is on your face or the top of your head and the club will be leaning out over the target line (it'll be roughly parallel to your bend toward the ball, since it's basically just staying inline with your spine). Bending your right arm rotates your forearms. It pulls everything to the right (you can't bend your right arm straight in front of you without also bending your left arm). Then even more rotation is added after that. I agree that you don't want to be doing a lot of "things" on the downswing, but that's not how physics works. You can do all sorts of things on the backswing and not do them on the downswing. We have students who swing steep to steep, steep to shallow, shallow to steep, shallow to shallow, and all sorts of things. We have students who address the ball with a closed clubface, roll it way open, and then return it wide open, etc. The "equal and opposite" does not mean a delayed reaction - it means that if I push on something it will, right at that very moment, push back. If I fire rocket propulsion downward, the missile or space shuttle or whatever will move upward. You don't fire rockets and then, a week later, a different missile takes off as a "reaction." Furthermore, PGA Tour players have a variety of backswings. Ray Floyd was underneath, Rickie Fowler or Ryan Moore are steep or over the top on the backswing. The golfer who comes closest to the "square" or "no rotation" backswing is a guy who CAN'T really rotate his forearms: Tim Clark. And even Tim rotates some. But notice how far "out over his head" the clubhead is, despite the fact that he's well short of parallel on the backswing. It's so much more than that. I ask people in my lessons how much skill or raw natural talent it takes to set up properly. The correct answer: none. They just have to know how to do it. If golf was as simple as "set up properly and then turn" we'd all be a whole lot better than we are. Golfers can be set up the same and make very, very different backswings, and both can be successful. So Bubba is doing it wrong? And what does that have to do with the swing flaw of "rotating your forearms"? (Is overswinging a big problem? Absolutely. More, IMO, for what it tends to do to the trail elbow and the subsequent inability of the player to get the arms and hands down fast enough. I'll never really argue against overswinging, except when it's made as a blanket statement covering all golfers who go past parallel or something.) Also, you said (though it feels off topic since this is mostly about forearm rotation, n'est-ce pas?) "the more you have to wait for them to come down." That's not really true - you can MAKE them come down faster. Your arms aren't just limp things hanging from your shoulders that get dragged behind your hips and torso rotating. Because, biomechanically, making a swing with no forearm rotation would be ridiculous and resemble the golf swings of precisely no good players, ever. Tim Clark comes closest, and people don't even copy his swing, and if Tim Clark's forearms would rotate as most people's do, even Tim Clark would have a different golf swing. Modeling your golf swing on someone with a disability hardly seems like the prudent choice. My last piece of evidence, right here: This should drive the point home pretty significantly. Spoiler One last thing here. Consider the sagittal plane (in the spoiler above, just so it's not taking up a ton of space) and the back of the left hand (assuming a right-handed golfer). At address, they're parallel - the back of the left hand is parallel to the sagittal plane. Yet at the top of the backswing, what do we see? The sagittal plane (at the point of attachment of the arms, i.e. near the shoulders) is about 90° from where it started. It's inclined at about 35° or so, but otherwise just is still just a plane bisecting the sternum, neck, face, etc. What plane is the back of the left wrist on? Why, it's one that's about 90° to the sagittal plane. I've illustrated this here: In this illustration, I've drawn a little "cube" in the screen on the left. The green face of the cube is parallel to the sagittal plane (the edge of the plane is pointing "at the camera"). The blue side - perpendicular to the green side - is parallel to the back of the left hand. It too is pointing at the camera, but has rotated about 90°. That's why it's parallel to a perpendicular side of the cube. On the right, above, to make the back of Mike's left hand parallel the green face of the cube, he'd have to rotate his arms BACK about 90° to the red line. Now, then, @Golfer2223, you'd set a record as the first human being in history to present an argument as you have done and immediately recognize, given my response and a little thought on your part, that you want to take back your entire argument and completely change your position. In other words, I don't expect that to happen. A small part of me hopes it will some day, but I don't think today is going to be that day. But, realistically, that's what should happen. As I see it, you have no real ground to stand on here. Not biomechanically, not based on simple geometry, nothing. The arms rotate during the backswing in EVERY good player. Even in Tim Clark's backswing (or he'd truly have the club hanging out over his head. I will also say this, @Golfer2223: I appreciate your willingness to help, and to jump in, and to offer your thoughts on things. I hope you can take this rebuttal in the spirit in which it's intended - to help and to discuss. I don't know who you are (you should add more info to your profile), and I'm not responding just to be mean, but to help people learn, think critically, and better understand the golf swing. We encourage debate and discussion here, and that's all my response is to be taken as - more debate and discussion. Do I think I'm right? Yes. And I think I've backed up why. P.S. As someone noted above, often students need to feel like there's no rotation in the backswing. But that doesn't make it accurate.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

• Blog Entries