IGNORED

My Swing (mvmac)

mvmac

Inspired by Zeph to share some of my latest swings. I have also been utilizing evolvr and had made a trip to Erie to work with Dave and the boys. My big changes have been getting the hands deep, minimize lifting the arms at P4 and better tush line from P5-7. Erik's probably tired of seeing my swing by now.

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Erik's probably tired of seeing my swing by now.

NEVER!

Zeph's swing, on the other hand.... (I keeeed, I keeeed.....). You should show people some of the first swings you'd recorded, or even the first swings you had when you started on evolvr. Post those so people can see 'em.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Pfft, please, how far can you possibly hit it with a 1/4 swing like that?

Love it and never thought I'd say this to another man, but your leg action makes me want to cry.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Great swing--I'd be nitpicking to point out any significant flaws. Suppose leg extension and maintainence of the right wrist hinge into follow through could improve a bit.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Thanks for the support guys!
Here is a swing that is almost two years old now when I started stack'n. Might be hard to see because of the clouds but the club is way laid off at P4.

The problem is that I tried to learn the swing by myself and ended up overdoing the side tilt and the weight left. So I had to back track a bit to get back to neutral. When we moved to San Diego, I finally got some S&T; instruction and started to understand the pattern better. This is from about a year ago.

I've seen the most improvement with the Golf Evolution program because I feel they communicate to the student how to perform the motions and they come up with a lot of different "feels" and swing thoughts for the same piece. I also like doing drills, and they have many good ones.

Mike McLoughlin

Pfft, please, how far can you possibly hit it with a 1/4 swing like that?

Wish it was more like that when I'm on the course. Making it look good to keep the evolvr boys happy

Great swing--I'd be nitpicking to point out any significant flaws. Suppose leg extension and maintainence of the right wrist hinge into follow through could improve a bit.

Yes, absolutely. There will always be something. I am glad I'm starting to see the bigger pieces I needed starting to "stick".

Mike McLoughlin

Thanks guys. I also excited for my son's development. He's not the most coordinated kid but he likes golf and is working at it. Keeping it simple, hands in, steeper shoulders to keep everything centered. His tendency is too turn the shoulders level which can get him into a reverse hip slide.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Thanks guys. I also excited for my son's development. He's not the most coordinated kid but he likes golf and is working at it. Keeping it simple, hands in, steeper shoulders to keep everything centered. His tendency is too turn the shoulders level which can get him into a reverse hip slide.

Not a bad swing how old is he?

I'd work on keeping that leg from locking out (it usually straightens some so you can get a full turn but locking out which is what is happening isn't good) but other than that... thats not a bad swing.. how long he been playing or hitting?

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

• Administrator
I'd work on keeping that leg from locking out (it usually straightens some so you can get a full turn but locking out which is what is happening isn't good)

I wouldn't worry about that. It's not truly locking out and frankly it's better to lock out than to remain too flexed.

BTW, most guys on the forum here would kill for this:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That's awesome! Great extension into impact and follow through.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Not a bad swing how old is he?

He's about to turn 12 and just over the summer started to get out regularly. His goal is to play in junior tournaments next summer. I told him that's a huge goal going from just playing a couple holes once a week to playing in a tournament. He loves to practice and he spent four hours last Saturday working on his technique and doing drills. Like I said, he struggles with athleticism and can't "feel" where his body is, so for him to stay centered and get the hands in is a huge accomplishment. He's a very smart kid and understands the concepts. He's learning through hard work that conceptionally understanding the knowledge and applying them are two completely differennt things.

I wouldn't worry about that. It's not truly locking out and frankly it's better to lock out than to remain too flexed.

I totally jealous too! He just needs to do it over and over again.

Yeah, I not worried with the righ leg either, I mean he's 12 and very flexible.

Mike McLoughlin

I'm not sure about killin', but I'd slap my own momma for that impact position.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Damn, kid's got me beat.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7