IGNORED

The 1 Iron!

8.5_Drive
Note: This thread is 4152 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nice evasive tactics there. Unless you live back in the 90s, I am sure your phone would have a camera.

oh, it does too! but someone may have to help me upload it ok? it will be my pleasure.

always give way to the Greenskeeper!!

in my bag:
whatever clubs i find left behind on the course... But the Ping Anser will never be beaten!!

BALL: only get off tractor for PRO v1's..... Now, which way to Q School???

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello!. finally a decent golfer. look at handicap, 0.8.

What's that even meant to mean?

What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

oh, it does too! but someone may have to help me upload it ok? it will be my pleasure.

SWEET. We are all waiting with baited breath.

What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

Old men and hackers, like the majority of guys on the PGA Tour, eh?

how much do you wanna put on it????? a 225 meter 2 iron, are your serious?

most long hitters here on the forum would hit a 4 iron 200 meters.. There is no way you can shape a hybrid better than a blade, in the same way you can't shape a muscle back iron better than a blade.,..

in my bag:
whatever clubs i find left behind on the course... But the Ping Anser will never be beaten!!

What's that even meant to mean?

sorry, the comment from sblack5

"I have an original ping eye 2 1 iron (forged club) that I use on exceptionally windy days if I need something about 240 and straight.....it stays low and runs forever. one of my favorite clubs to hit" he is off 0.8

in my bag:

hello!. finally a decent golfer. look at handicap, 0.8.

I'm a 2.3, but I am guessing my comments aren't worthy?

McGreenKeeper, you sound like complete fool in this thread. What are you trying to prove? I saw your thread in the 'golf equipment' subforum whining about how you can't find a mp68 2 iron... it was equally pathetic. You aren't as accomplished a player as anyone on the tour, and no amount of running your mouth will convince people otherwise. Besides, carrying a 2 iron and bragging about it on the internet doesn't make you an look like an elite player, it makes you look like an ignorant retard.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

sorry 8.5 drive for hyjacking this thread. There are obviously a few here with limited ball striking ability and faith...

Titleist do a driving iron with extra cavity too.
remember if your in play with your first shot, you will have a good chance of greens in regulation. nothing wrong with hitting an iron off the tee, some courses are designed that way for a placement first shot.
My home course was designed by ian baker finch and Roger McKay and is a tough links set up and requires a good placement drive at 225 meters for at least 7 holes out of the 18..

in my bag:

[QUOTE=delav;533587]I'm a 2.3, but I am guessing my comments aren't worthy?

McGreenKeeper, you sound like complete fool in this thread. What are you trying to prove? I saw your thread in the 'golf equipment' subforum whining about how you can't find a mp68 2 iron... it was equally pathetic.

what, so i am annoyed that mizuno no longer make a 2 iron, so what??
mate, if i was good enought to be on tour, i would be on tour.
there are advantages to a low iron over hybrids, and that is workability...

in my bag:

sorry, the comment from sblack5

Yeh, i know that, but why did you say 'finally', as if everyone else on this thread was a bad golfer?

What I Play:

Yeh, i know that, but why did you say 'finally', as if everyone else on this thread was a bad golfer?

no, but someone else sees the value in a very low iron and is not all hybrid hybrid hybrid.

coincidently he has a low handicap + is more thank likely a good ballstriker as to hit such a club - as they are one of the most difficult clubs to hit.

in my bag:

I'm a 2.3, but I am guessing my comments aren't worthy?

Nice post.

What I Play:

no, but someone else sees the value in a very low iron and is not all hybrid hybrid hybrid.

I don't think that's how you originally meant it, but ok.

What I Play:

in the same way you can't shape a muscle back iron better than a blade.,..

What does that even mean?

And if you're a 36 'capper, or a 26, or even a 20 I'd wager I could beat you with just a hybrid, wedge, and putter. I mean, I'm no great ballstriker, since I don't regularly carry and play a 1 iron, but I get around the course ok.

What does that even mean?

what that means is if some hacker with a set of callaway big bertha irons (muscleback - scharzenegger style), he will get momentum thru the ball and thats about it. They are designed to hit the ball straight, even if its off the toe or heel. So when you try and get some intensional curve on the ball, its going to be less than a blade, as blades can accommodate curve.

You say by your own admission that you arent a great ballstriker, (good striker to me thats clubhead speed of 110 +), hence you don't play or like the 1 iron. i don't like the 1 iron either, i found they leak slightly left and right and are too unforgiving and a 3 wood is better than a 1 iron, but i am mad keen on a 2 iron over a hybrid for my reasons listed previous...

in my bag:

what that means is if some hacker with a set of callaway big bertha irons (muscleback - scharzenegger style), he will get momentum thru the ball and thats about it. They are designed to hit the ball straight, even if its off the toe or heel. So when you try and get some intensional curve on the ball, its going to be less than a blade, as blades can accommodate curve.

The fact that they 'leak right and left' would be a fault of your own, not a criticism of the club.

What I Play:

The fact that they 'leak right and left' would be a fault of your own, not a criticism of the club.

fault of mine???? really??????ppppffftttt

in my bag:

I resisted hybrids for a long time. After all, are not real men the kind of guys who can take a gillette razor blade, tape it to a steel rod and hit a dead straight 275 yard shot no higher than head high? Then I realized, hybrids really do provide many more options, you just cannot shave with one. Now I have to shave before going to the course, well sometimes I do.

But I have a 1 iron story. Playing in a pro am at a PGA event, a high wind showed up and a particular tee shot requiring a long carry over a lake was suddenly out of the question for most of the pros. Those ahead that tried, that I saw, all came up short, landing in the lake, or a couple or them just punched an iron about 45 degrees left electing to take extra shots to get over to the fairway. Not the pro I was playing with... he laughed and pulled his 1 iron and said watch this. He hits this screaming low line drive that clears the lake about two yards and barely makes it to the fairway. He said, I played college golf at Oklahoma State and we learn to hit shots like that under a door... closed. The only problem was that is was a par four, and he could not reach the green with his second and bogeyed it anyway.

RC

Note: This thread is 4152 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!