IGNORED

My handicap has dropped a ridiculous amount

michaeljames92
Note: This thread is 4963 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just checking my handicap history and well I can't believe how many shots i've dropped in a short space of time.
On August 13, I was playing off 8.2. I am now down to 3.9. That is 4 shots in 5 weeks. I know my ball striking has improved by trying to implement S&T; into my swing and my putting has gotten better, but seriously, 9 out of my last 10 rounds I have either beaten or played to my handicap.

I know S&T; has made my driving and short-mid irons so much more consistent and straighter than they used to be (although 4 and maybe 5 iron can be tricky). My ball striking was that terrible that I hit maybe 9 GIR IF LUCKY. Now I am hitting like AT LEAST 12 greens and around 14-15 on better days. I actually hit 17 greens the other day and missed 18 by about 3 inches :)

Thank you S&T; principles

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Result!

Congratulations and keep it going.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Excellent! Gives us all hope that hard work will pay off!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Yeah thanks guys. I need to film my swing again as i am hitting the ball lower than i would like

52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Yeah thanks guys. I need to film my swing again as i am hitting the ball lower than i would like

Before you do anything, step back a minute. You are playing the best golf of your life. You are hitting 12 greens in regulation, on average. Your handicap is dropping like a rock. Sounds like you have the answer already. Enjoy where you are at right now, before you try any further changes.

Before you do anything, step back a minute. You are playing the best golf of your life. You are hitting 12 greens in regulation, on average. Your handicap is dropping like a rock. Sounds like you have the answer already. Enjoy where you are at right now, before you try any further changes.

This is true. But I keep striving to improve!

52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Awesome man! Keep it up!

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Sounds like you made a major leap. Keep working hard!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Congrats bro!!!

Now I'm no expert, but one of the advantages (I think) of S&T; is a lower more penetrating ball flight...

Now I'm no expert, but one of the advantages (I think) of S&T; is a lower more penetrating ball flight...

Depends on where you start off I guess. If someone was a flipper/slicer before, adding tons of loft to their club at impact, then their ball flight would likely go down. But generally S&T; as a pattern is going to favor hitting it high and (hopefully) far.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

good work but isn't it common for golfers to drop big from high hcp? I know it's hard as hell for low hcp

WITB:
R9 TP 9.5° Mitsubishi Fubuki 73 X5CT S Felx, 15° Fujikura Motore F1 65 S Flex
Rescue 19° Aldila Voodoo SVS8 S Flex
X-20 Tour 4-PW Project X Flighted 6.0
CG12 52°, RTG 56°, 60° Black Series i9

good work but isn't it common for golfers to drop big from high hcp? I know it's hard as hell for low hcp

He started at an 8.3, while that wouldn't be considered low it certainly isn't considered high...dropping 4 in five weeks is WTF territory!! I have dropped 4 this year since april and that is outstanding...4 in weeks....sick, you are in the ZONE!!!

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Very impressive indeed! I agree with the advice about not changing anything. Just ride it and enjoy the gift the golf gods have bestowed :)

Sticks: Burner SF 9.5, 15, 19 | MX-300 4-GW | CG15 56.14, 60.12 | BS Tour #9
Accessories: Tour 360 4.0 | Revolution Stand Bag | GolfShot iPhone App
Last Round: 82 (70)

Note: This thread is 4963 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!