IGNORED

Official Big Break Dominican Republic thread

The Recreational Golfer
Note: This thread is 2764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

alot of the guys dont seem that good to me. Granted they could beat me but they are on a golf show so they have to have something special. Seen to many of them chunk sand shots and fairway shots over and over plus their swings are of average golfers. I also think its a little unfair that they have a former LPGA tour player on the girls team. That lady is good. Other than that I find the show entertaining

Technically, Giuliani is a pro. He hasn't made it to the PGA Tour, but he is a pro.

http://www.nj.com/golf/index.ssf/200...ves_final.html

Regardless, it's all about Sara Brown!

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

I love me some Sara Brown...

FORE!

Cleveland CG7 3-PW fitted, stiff shafts
Hand me down putter, Jack Nicklaus model
Cleveland Hibore 3 wood 13 deg. stiff shaftCleveland Launcher 9 deg, stiff shaft

sarah brown wants me so bad...

Dude!!!!! Wake up Wake up!!!!!!!

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Got to agree with the Carling Coffing comment posted above! (She's big into facebook if anyone is interested.....)

I do like the format of this show so far. The "chip in" bonus allowing you to erase a "benching" will be interesting. The addition of money to the benching challenges is nice..... but picking balls out of a hat for the guys to select their player week one? Weak. I want to see some persuasion, some discussion, and the added pressure on the player who has convinced his teammates he's the one and then has to go out and back it up.

I like how the ladies selected their player. That one guy was red hot for their team that day so they let him go play against that other dude in the benching challenge.

That round guy can play.

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

Got to agree with the Carling Coffing comment posted above! (She's big into facebook if anyone is interested.....)

Lol.. I see what you did there!

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

Lol.. I see what you did there!

shhh.... it wasn't particularly nice. Fella's been on the LPGA tour already for crying out loud. There is something about his swing though, that is unsettling. I can't place it, but it's a bit of a Rocco Mediate, mechanical move through the ball and goofy finish maybe? Can't place it. Maybe less hip and lower body action than I'm used to seeing from players who could beat me 6 and 5. Something is less than classic about that swing.... but it's damn effective!

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

I heart Sara Brown as well, but I think Christina is a very close second! I think A-God is going to be the MVP on the mens if they win. He seems to have the most talent on that team.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

In the last episode, when Andrew and Blake were losing to the two ladies, I figured out what was wrong (or at least looked very odd to me that I couldn't place) with Laura's swing.

It's the early collapse of the left elbow after impact, and the complete collapse of the thing later in the follow through. Still a damn fine player however, beating my ass 6 and 5 probably.

Poor Sara looked REALLY sick. At first, it was kind of "ouch look at her" moment, as we saw her not all painted up and ready for the camera. But as the show progressed and we saw more of her "I'm sick" look, I admit it.... it was kinda good.

More of a Big Break Sandals moment.... but winner Carling Coffing is playing in her LPGA event (entry earned by winning BB Sandals) THIS WEEK. She made the cut at -1 and is in about 40th place going into Saturday. More importantly, did she "birdie dance" on the LPGA Tour? Yep..... albeit a slightly toned down version.

Back to Big Break Domincan Republic..... Why is Laura wearing TENNIS SHOES?

Back to Big Break Domincan Republic..... Why is Laura wearing TENNIS SHOES?

She doesn't need spikes to keep her planted.

I am so tired of seeing F(b)lake need someone to "save his ass".

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I as well am cheering for the women this season. The men are just way to aggressive and angry. It's almost like watching the men of Jersey Shore playing golf.

Burner 10.5: Driver
Burner 15: 3 Wood
Burner 22: Hybrid
Tour Action 6: 4-PW
Rac TP Black 52 & 60 Niblick 56 Rossa Imola 8 Pro V1 & Pro V1x Powerband Bag

I just hate the whole idea of team play, this isnt the Ryder or Solheim Cup. They should have made it just like Prince Edward Island, everyone plays against everyone and someone gets eliminated on each show. I hate seeing the same people each week over and over again, waters down the whole show and makes the challenges take forever. How will we ever really know who is the best player if players on the same team never have to play against each other?

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

Southern IL.... Perhaps a ridiculously complicated scoring system will help? They should really get one of those.....

Note: This thread is 2764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!