IGNORED

anyone have experience with an xx shaft?

sblack5
Note: This thread is 3722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hahaha...well done sir.

In my Titleist Premium Stand Bag

909D3 8.5 VS Proto 70 X
909 f2 13.5 V2 75 x
G10 15 Degree Grafalloy Red X MP-32 3-pw X100 Vokey Spin 52, 56 SS Newport 2 Pro V1

op, not to discount you or anything, but i'm 6'5'' and have one of the most flexible backs in my yoga studio, and i don't think there's any way possible i can swing a driver that fast and still keep the ball on the golf course. and 130 is apparently your avg speed? that means you are often above 130. dustin johnson is also 6'5'', can carry the ball really, really far, and he doesn't even swing that fast. as far as distances go, we're pretty even and i only swing around 115 or so, and that's my hard swing. just a little hard to believe, that's all. of course, it could be true.

I had a hard time believing it too when I was shown the numbers off of the launch monitor. Including this past saturday I have been on a launch monitor 4 times in the last 2 months trying to get my driver tweaked and correct as far as a setup goes. I'm taking my ss average off of my ballspeed averages over that last 4 sessions. over the last 4 sessions my ballspeed for nearly 300 shots with my driver on the launch monitor is 189.75 mph. Even with an ideal smash factor of 1.5 (not totally likely) that leaves my swing speed at 126.5 mph. At a smash factor of 1.45 my swing speed equates to 130.86 mph. I could be completely wrong and be open to being totally flamed on the boards, which of course I'd deserve. I will do my best to get a video together soon of both my swing and numbers on the launch monitor. I'm not by any means trying to toot my own horn like I'm some kind of BA because I'm well aware there are guys that are much much better than me. I'm just really having hell trying different shafts an driver configurations to try to optimize this damned club and am simply looking for help. All I have is the numbers that are given to me to go off of.

Still looking for help.

Driver: Adams 9064ld 6.5* w/ Oban Devotion 7 .... 281 cpm at 44"
Fairway Wood: Tour Edge xcg 4 3 wood w/ rapport blue velvet shaft

hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics cg4 17* 2 hybrid
Irons: Miura series 1957 "baby blades" w/ KBS tour shafts
Wedges: Miura: 52* wedge, 56* K grind, 59* Y grind
Putter: taylormade white smoke 35"

How far do you hit your four iron?

235-245 yards

235-245 yards

note:,in his signature he sometimes carries a 1 iron, so anything is possible....

always give way to the Greenskeeper!!

in my bag:
whatever clubs i find left behind on the course... But the Ping Anser will never be beaten!!

BALL: only get off tractor for PRO v1's..... Now, which way to Q School???

^I saw that, doesn't mean much to me. My 20 handicapper friend games a two iron and he hits it fine. It just goes the same distance as his 5 iron.

So sblack I usually hit a 6 iron from 180 but I can also hit a 8 iron that distance if I kill it. Does that hold true for you too then? Can you rev up a 5-6 iron to 240 yards if you want or are you maxing out with every club?

And when you come to a 240 yard par three do think yourself "Ok this is just a smooth 4 iron, or I could get aggressive and play a 5 here?" "Also do you play much golf? which course? I think it would be good if you walked us through nine holes on your course, just post a score card from their site and tell how us how you play the course. As crazy as it sounds I actually feel like you should be hitting your clubs even further then you say with your swing speed. Sergio can hit a 4 iron 250 yards but I doubt his swing speed is 130+ with a driver.

^I saw that, doesn't mean much to me. My 20 handicapper friend games a two iron and he hits it fine. It just goes the same distance as his 5 iron.

As for a 240 yard par 3.......I would always play a 4 iron. It is the most consistent. unless I've got a headwind. then I'd play 5 wood. the way that I get my club distances is to hit about 80 to 100 balls with whatever club I'm looking to measure. then I'll walk out to the middle of the dispersion of balls (the densest part)with a rangefinder, and that is the distance for that club that I trust when I go to the course. It is a system that works for me. I do this once daily and rotate 1 club per day.

Don't get me wrong. I come through the ball hard, but consistent. I say that I don't try to murder the ball because to me "killing" the ball would mean you'd try to swing out of your shoes and sacrafice form and balance which would push the shot all over the place. As for actually playing. I play 4 rounds per week. My favorite course right now is Gaylord Springs. Scorecard: http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylord...ardRevised.pdf Black tees: CR/slope = 73.8/136 1st hole: 529 yard par 5. CUmberland river on the left, and driving range on the right. DRiver down the middle. 220 to 250 left. Fairway narrows and you have lots of hills on the left side of the green and short. the green is elevated 8 feet or so above the fairway. They like to keep the flag on the right side mid way onto the green. The green slopes slightly back to the front, so If you hit it long you have a downhill putt coming back. This is a SW if I want to layup to 150ish due to trouble off the tee, a 4 iron if I want to have an easy LW pitch onto the green for a GIR or a 5w if I've got a good spot in the fairway and don't have much wind, or if I'm really feeling ballsy. you can get in trouble if you miss left because you may catch a greenside hill and it will roll left toward the river on over a cartpath to some harpan leaving you a blind tee shot to the flag. HOLE 2: par 4, 441 yards. Driver = no no. Bunker on the right from 250 to 275ish. smooth 5 wood leaving 7 or 8 iron in. Hole 3: par 3 160. the tees usually play 166. it is all carry. a ravine separates you and the green if you are short or long it will roll about 30 feet down a hill to a ravine or the woods. you have to trust the yardage because visually you'll want your 200 yard club and put it in the woods past the green. 8 iron. trust yourself and make your swing.....it will find the green. hole 4: par 4 392 water straight in front, fairway on the right. you have to go right and next to the water off the tee then back across the water left to the green. if you miss the green right, you are on the water, if you miss it left you are on a nasty downslope (maybe... depending on how big the miss was) on harpan and limestone. 7 iron to the fairway, and 7 iron in....if you go to far you are in bermuda rough that will swallow your ball. hole 5: par 4 444yards. 215 yards of water. fairway on the right side and fairway left from 230 to the rest of the hole...if you can keep it left. fairway on the right ends at around 260 and turns into water for the rest of the hole. pin is usually tucked back left near the limestone cliffs. 5 wood and 6 or 7 iron to the green. hole 6: par 5 533 tees create a fieldgoal type opening on the right side if the fairway at 260. if you go to the left side of the fairway you then have to carry the trees to the next spot in the fairway leaving you a long shot to the green. if you go long 320 then you are through the trees and in the pond on the right side of the hole. driver off the tee, then 4 iron and LW pitch to the green Hole 7: straight par 4. 455 yards. big bermuda hills will eat your ball if you miss the fairway. 5 wood to the short grass and 6 iron in hole 8 crazy par 3: 179 yards. usually plays to 191 yards. bunkers all around, water left and short. usually a 7 or 8 iron and get the hell out. hole 9 (my favorite hole) 379 yards. par 4. bunker along the entire right side from 200-300 yards. Driver, then sand wedge if the pin is in the back or LW if the pin is in teh front. Green slopes back to front and if you hit the opposite end you'll have a 90 footer for your first putt so play safe. I played here last friday and shot 72 for 18. 35 on the front, 37 on the back

I actually just took a step in the right direction for my dilemma. I ordered an adams 9064LD head in 7.5* loft with a harrison Eclipse xx shaft. it is a stout long drive shaft that I'll have set to 46 ". they'll get here tomorrow morning for assembly so I'll let everyone know how it works out on Saturday.

Look at House of Forged. They make Jamie Sadlowski's shafts. They offer their long drive shafts in X, XX, and XXX. They'll run you $200-$300 though.

House of Forged makes great shafts. I have a XX UST V2 and a XX House of Forged. The House of Forged (HOF) is my favorite by far. You can often find them for much cheaper on some long drive forums (

https://www.longdrivers.com/forum.php or http://www.incepta.ca/forum/index.php ) My swing speed is in the 120-130 range as well. I took my HOF shafted driver into Edwin Watts the other day to hit on their monitor and see what it had to say, but it is broken. The only vids I have of my swing right now are from the other day with my new phone and it is pointed into the sun. I will see how they look on a monitor and may throw it on here.

Driver TM Superquad 9.5 w/ V2 stiff
3 Wood Callaway Fusion 13 deg w/ DVS stiff
Hybrid Titleist 585H 19 deg. w/ VS Proto Hybrid 95 stiff
Irons Titleist 735CM 4-PW - Cleveland wedges 52,56,60 deg.
Putter PING CRAZ-E G2i

• 2 years later...

I have an average swing speed of about 139 and I and in the same boat. I had trouble for the longest time finding a shaft that could offer the launch and spin coditions that I desired. At 7 Feet tall and a 7'6" wing span it seemed nearly impossible to find somthing that wouldn't go straight up in the air and spin back in the fairway. The nunchuck shaft has been the solution for me. It is 104 grams, and has a cpm of 308.

By the way if you're hitting this current driver so far what is there to fix?

I have an average swing speed of about 139 and I and in the same boat. I had trouble for the longest time finding a shaft that could offer the launch and spin coditions that I desired. At 7 Feet tall and a 7'6" wing span it seemed nearly impossible to find somthing that wouldn't go straight up in the air and spin back in the fairway. The nunchuck shaft has been the solution for me. It is 104 grams, and has a cpm of 308. By the way if you're hitting this current driver so far what is there to fix?

Video?

I've never seen a 7 footer play golf. Obviously they do, but I've never seen it. I've played quite a bit of golf all over the country, I'm 6'5" and I rarely see players who are taller than me on the course. A 7' tall player, with a 7'6" wingspan swinging a driver at 135+ mph would be a sight.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!