IGNORED

Anyone ever walk away from a bucket?

JML22
Note: This thread is 4922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Had to do it today.... didnt feel right, just got worse and worse dunno what it was but hopefully its just a blip

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

done it countless times... did it today.. but i get free buckets so I dont feel as bad... plus i always give the balls to someone else.

Putter first 
:titleist: newport 2 oil can
:titleist: 58* SM4
:titleist: 54* SM4
:titleist: 50* SM4
:titleist: 4-pw AP2 project X 6.0
:ping: i20 9.5 TFC Stiff

Never walked from a bucket (altho probably should have at least twice) ... I have walked off the course a couple times when I got sick of embarrassing myself (playing alone each time).

Some days it's just better to walk and hope to do better next time.

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

Never walked from a bucket (altho probably should have at least twice) ... I have walked off the course a couple times when I got sick of embarrassing myself (playing alone each time).

I almost walked off the course two weeks ago. Not because I was embarrassing myself but I had a terrible front 9. Luckily and decided to keep going and did much better on the back.

done it countless times... did it today.. but i get free buckets so I dont feel as bad... plus i always give the balls to someone else.

Yep, me too. I get all I want for free so I only hit as many as I feel like.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Only if I've accomplished what I wanted to or if I start to feel sore or overly tired. The latter comes mainly in the summer or during a busy day, while the prior comes while I am working on something specific.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Drill a hole through one of the golf balls and tie mono fish line to the ball. Attach the line to a small reel and rod you have in your bag. walk away an sit on the bench. when someone goes to pile of left over balls start reeling in the ball tied to the fishing rod ( ice fishing rods work well and fit right into the bag ) Then get ready for a laugh at the reactions of different people

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

nearly happened this morning. Definitely happened 2 weeks ago.

Driver: Adams 9064ld 6.5* w/ Oban Devotion 7 .... 281 cpm at 44"
Fairway Wood: Tour Edge xcg 4 3 wood w/ rapport blue velvet shaft

hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics cg4 17* 2 hybrid
Irons: Miura series 1957 "baby blades" w/ KBS tour shafts
Wedges: Miura: 52* wedge, 56* K grind, 59* Y grind
Putter: taylormade white smoke 35"

I walked away from probably 20 yesterday.. Never been to this range went to get a large bucket cost 13 bucks I was like damn thats expensive...

They gave me 3 large buckets.. lol I even was just hitting 50-60 just wedge easy shots and I was like ok f this i'm tired and i left them out there.

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

I've never walked away from a bucket. In fact, i'm the guy who pops out of nowhere and takes your balls the moment you decide to leave them.

I have however, walked away from a round. Many, many times. I only do this if i'm alone, playing REALLY bad, and playing at a municipal course (they're cheap).
Driver: taylormade.gif R9 Superdeep TP 8.5* - Aldila RIP 70x | 3-Wood: taylormade.gif R9 TP 15* - Diamana Blueboard 83x | Hybrid: taylormade.gif Rescue TP 19* - Motore F3 95x | Irons: taylormade.gif RAC TP MB 3-PW - Dynamic Gold x100 | Wedges: taylormade.gif TP xFT 54.12* and 60.10* - Dynamic Gold s400 | Putter:  ping.gif Karsten Anser - 33"

I do it almost everytime I play, I always get a bucket before my round (Members get them free) I hit probably half then go to the first tee, I always offer them to someone else on the range.

Driver: Taylormade R9
3 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
5 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
7 Wood: Cobra S 9-1

Irons: Taylormade r7 Custom Fit (SW-4)

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza Spyder

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x

Tonight I sure felt like it. I topped my pitching wedge 50 yards and it just got worse after that. My mind was elsewhere and I should have just done something else. One good thing, my 3 year old had some good putts on the practice green.

Geomax 16 reg - driver
G10 17 4 wood reg
Sumo2 20 hybrid Reg
MX-100 4h, 5h, 6-gap Reg
MP T 10 56.10, 60.08Bullseye putter

Yeah. I was on a half circle range and I shanked a lob wedge into the head of a teenaged girl out with her dad hitting balls. Probably scarred her from golf for life. I could not concentrate after that and gave them my bucket. Contemplated giving up the game after that one.

Driver Cleveland 460 Launcher 9.5*
Hybrids Cobra Baffler 2R, 3R, 4R
Irons Mizuno MX-23
Wedges Vokey 248.06, SM54.14 and SM60.04
Putter Rife Island Series AbacoBall Callaway Tour ix Rangefinder Bushnell 1500 Laser Rangefinder

Yeah i just finished travelling 6 hours and i went to the range and i was warming up
hit my wedge shank
i'm like hmm ok weird ... stepped back loosened up a bit
Address the ball... shank... ok that's just unlucky... pre shot routine... address the ball... shank okkkk
hit like 5 more than i was like ok i'm goin home
I got it figured out... annoying how little lapses in concentration when you first start mess things up

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

Well always I guess---let me explain. My driving range is $8 for all I can hit---off real grass, real practice bunkers and lots of pins to hit to.

Usually my session (maybe 2 to 2.5 hours) is a full pyramid. Yesterday it was 80% of a pyramid. The mosquitoes got to me. As the sun sets they get wicked.

9* Geek No Brainer with red Stiff Gallofory shaft
15* R5 3 wood with Burner shaft
21* 24* Nike CPR hybrid Aldila by you shaft
5-pw Titleist 680 cb irons-SK Fiber graphite shafts
52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

Our range gives you 3 tokens for $10, each token gets you 40 balls. I usually get them in increments of 40 so if I'm not feeling it, I don't have to leave anything behind.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 4922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!