IGNORED

the next great golf idea?

Rafcin
Note: This thread is 6347 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

who of you haven't though about making a millions with the "next big thing" for golfers? it seems like the market is great - there are thousands if not millions of people playing golf, who refuse to admit that lack of talent prevents them from getting to really advanced level of the game - and they'll try ANYTHING to improve - after all 50% of broadcast time on TGC are infomercials..
Of course I thought of it. Didn't come up with anything yet, but in the meantime I stumbled upon the golf-related patents ...
Holly molly. Check out that list - is there ANYTHING that's not patented yet?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had the idea when I was 16 of developing an all in one club. A club that some how changes from a 3 iron to a 7 iron in less than 30 seconds. The day after of thinking about it I see one of the female members walk into the pro shop I was working at and show me her brand new multi-club iron. How about that. Since then I gave up, I really thought I was in the money.

I forget the name of the iron by the way.
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

heh...my mom had the idea today actually...minature leaf blower to clean your putting line

especially now in Oct/November a very interesting gadget to have

problem is - it would have to be tiny. If it's tiny it can't be powerful enough (or cheap enough ) - and quiet... tough one.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

my last golf ideal was to make a driver with a square head...
and call it the hammer.....
with a cool tune to match....."can't touch this"...da da da daaa da da da da..

needless to say nows theres one......

so my next driver ideal I'm thinking about trying....
lets just say theres nothing like it out there....
think F-18's......

Team Santa Cruz, CA......

SPONSORS......
PING
FOOTJOYPAY-PAL VISABLUE CRUSH SPORTFISHING

I had the idea that all high handicappers shoudl carry a bladed iron in there bag to use around the greens on chip shots. This is because all cavity back irons these day are not very easy to use around the green.

I used a bladed iron to chip the other day to chip around the green and it was amazing to use. It seemed so easy as the club slid straight under the ball and did not get caught in the turf.

My other great idea was a stand bag with wheels at the bottom. This would be great idea as when the sign come out restricting trolleys this would mean that you could carry near to the green.

One problem was that a few months ago i saw a man with a bag that he had fitted wheels to. He was struggling big time to control the bag while wheeling it so ended up carrying it the whole time.
Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose.
Winston Churchill

Taylor Made r7 425
Taylor Made V steel 3woodCleveland Halo 2hybridCallaway Big Bertha 4-9Taylor Made 48 & 56Taylor Made Tp 52Odyssey XG 2ball...

My other great idea was a stand bag with wheels at the bottom. This would be great idea as when the sign come out restricting trolleys this would mean that you could carry near to the green.

sorry mate that idea is making money for someone already! http://www.hono.com.tw/product/2in1bag.htm http://tri-bag.com/

2006 Taylite Stand Bag
r7 460 Driver
halo #2
RAC OS steel
Vokey Oil Spin Milled Wedge lambeau 7favorit club! my trusty 3 iron

after all 50% of broadcast time on TGC are infomercials..

Does this bother anyone else? I hate it! Play more reruns of classic tourneys or Kelly Tilghman sunbathing...anything to save us from the perfect club, medicus, or whatever other infomercials are on whenever you have some free TV time!

I love the non-infomercial parts of TGC, but enough's enough.
"Hit 'em hard - they'll land somewhere." - Stewart Maiden

In the Bag:

Driver: R480, 10.5*, Graphite5 Wood: R540 XD, 17.5*, GraphiteIrons: Big Bertha 4-10 + GW, SSWedge: 56*, Chrome, SSPutter: White HotBall: HX Hot

Don't ever forget the commercials are what pays the bills, the golf channel is their to make money just like everyone else.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

Darn, that's a pretty long list of golf related products patents. How much more stuff do you really need to to help you hit the balls better? Also, there are so many things out there for golfers is because golfers always have money.

turlock kid......your right about all the ads....way too many....
I say they set time aside like at the ends of the show so we can just go to the kitchen or bathroom and miss all the boring stuff....
I can only see so much of the same commercial in a 30min segment...
I'm with you on this one.
Team Santa Cruz, CA......

SPONSORS......
PING
FOOTJOYPAY-PAL VISABLUE CRUSH SPORTFISHING

I wasn't saying I was against free market capitalism in any way, shape, or form! I understand the commercials pay the bills. But, they could play less infomercials in my opinion.

The reason people watch ESPN, NBC, etc, is that there aren't infomercials on half the time. Commercials are fine, just not in excess. It's the Golf Channel, not QVC.
"Hit 'em hard - they'll land somewhere." - Stewart Maiden

In the Bag:

Driver: R480, 10.5*, Graphite5 Wood: R540 XD, 17.5*, GraphiteIrons: Big Bertha 4-10 + GW, SSWedge: 56*, Chrome, SSPutter: White HotBall: HX Hot

The next great idea is almost already here. It would be a color 3D Sky/Caddie [ersonal GPS system which can calculate distance using slope, temperature, humidity, and then give you advice based on the data you have entered as to how far you hit your clubs.

I'm sure that advanced mapping of courses and graphic displays that can be rotated and tilted into different perspectives is coming soon so that we will have ever more accurate advice, just like having a caddie in the old days.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

The next great idea is almost already here. It would be a color 3D Sky/Caddie [ersonal GPS system which can calculate distance using slope, temperature, humidity, and then give you advice based on the data you have entered as to how far you hit your clubs.

With all that information it may just tell you go to parking lot and leave, not a good day for golf. LOL

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

With all that information it may just tell you go to parking lot and leave, not a good day for golf. LOL

ROFL! No doubt we are close to the day when we will have a golf device tell us which day will be our 'good' golf day, maybe based on sophisticated biorhythmns (sp?), or it will log our progress of the round and tell us when to lay off the driver, is there any doubt that somewhere there is work taking place to help us??

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

• 2 weeks later...
Trying to start a new product is tough

If you want to make money in golf, look for the next big thing where there is
  • one major provider of a new product with a patent pending
  • major provider has a large advertising budget
  • has some competitors selling knock-off products

Start marketing the knock-offs heavily, leveraging the main products advertising against it. If you know much about Internet and search engine marketing, then the lightbulb is probably turning on. If not, you can still do well with offline (direct mail and publication ads), just the feedback loops on your testing will be much longer.

Note: This thread is 6347 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!