IGNORED

Your Personal weakness & Strength

Kazuhiro
Note: This thread is 4948 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I thinks it will be interesting to find out how many people struggle with certain parts of their game, and how common each one is; what's holding you back from getting to the next level, and what's your strength?

Weakness: Putting. I suppose players are either good, or useless, and I'm uselesses. My new custom hand-made Gold's Factory putter I got about 5 months ago has helped an awful lot (Should thinks to so for $1,300!) and it's come back much better but it's still poor. I often 3 putt from easy positions. If I could get my Putting to an average standard; I'd probably be able to get downs to scratch golfing.

Strength: Driving accuracy. Probably 17 holes out of 18, I'll hit a drive onto the fairway. I'm not an overly big hitter; infact probably under averages but my its accuracy with the driver is perfect.

2011 Bag: Yonex EZONE, PRGR Egg/Spoons, Yururi Irons, LIMITED HEARTS Wedges by Master Sasaya and Scotty Cameron putter. see below.

Weakness - 5-7 iron accuracy. Miss too many greens from 150-180 yrds. Greenside Bunker play. Mental focus. Let small thinks distract me or let tension creep into my grip.
Strengths - chipping and putting. Average 29 putts per round. Also find a lot of fairways when my swing is in tempo. Average driver carry about 230-235yrds. 3wd around 210-215 carry.

WITB
Titleist 910 D3 Motore F3
Ping G15 4wd TFC
Adams A12 20* RIP'd VS Proto, Adams CB2 Forged 4-GW DGSL S300 Scratch 8620 54* and 58*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC4 TaylormadeTP Red/ Wilson Staff FG tour

Weakness -- Whisky.

Strength -- Purity of heart and mind.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My strength is the passion for the game and my weakness is my short game and getting up and down to one putt.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Weakness: Being a sh*tty ballstriker.

Strength: Accepting that I am a sh*tty ballstriker and making the conscious decision to get better.

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

Weakness-Mental interference,for example not thinking clearly about shot selection,strategy,and those short chips where again allowing nervous tension to creep in.

Strengths-My whole game, sounds arrogant for a high handicapper but I truly believe the physical side of the game has no limits,only the mental, refer to above.Hey this thinking works for Ian Poulter.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

Weakness: Inconsistency. Some days I make putts. Some days I hit fairways and greens. Never on the same day of course though

Strength: Short iron play. I'd guess I average high 70% for GIRs with short irons into the green. I'm getting particularly lethal between 50-100 yards with my wedges lately

Sticks: Burner SF 9.5, 15, 19 | MX-300 4-GW | CG15 56.14, 60.12 | BS Tour #9
Accessories: Tour 360 4.0 | Revolution Stand Bag | GolfShot iPhone App
Last Round: 82 (70)

Weakness: Sometimes my mental game lacks focus and I try to do too much with a shot, rather than make a very simple play.

Strength: Ballstriking, short game, & course management.

My Equipment:
Driver: 9.5* R9, 73g Fubuki stiff | 3wood: 15* R9 3 Wood, x-stiff shaft | Hybrid: 19* Lynx Hybrid, reg. flex | Irons: MP-68s (4i-PW), 5.5x flighted |
Wedges: 52.08*, 56.11*, & 60.07 Vokey Spin-Milled | Putter: Pixl L1.8, 33.5" | Balls: Pro V1x |

Weaknesses: Driving accuracy, propensity to get too down on myself for mistakes, ability to make birdie putts that matter

Strengths: Scoring club (7-LW) accuracy, ability to shape shots, short game precision and creativity

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Strength: Distance, understanding my mistakes when I make them, short irons, long putts

Weakness: Distance, inconsistency, course management, not enough time in the day for practice, take the game too seriously sometimes and I poop too much

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Weakness: Putting - Im eaither hot or cold...no inbetween for me. I often putt for par, instead of getting aggressive w a birdie putt. Also mental focus..I let stuff outside of golf bug me while playing, which affects me on the course

Strength: I'm deadly inside 110 yds - rarely miss greens from inside this distance and am usually really close. Especially from the greenside, IF i do miss the green, I can usually get it within 6ft from around anywhere on the green.
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Strength: Mid irons and putting. They have been pretty accurate lately and have helped reduce my handicap.

Weakness: Driver accuracy, scary slice all of the sudden and I can't seem to figure out why or what changed.....time for a lesson!

Strength: Around the greens- chipping and putting. Scrambling out of trouble.

Weakness: Consistency with ball striking. The driver can be long at times, but is too often errant. Ball striking doesn't inspire the confidence to be more aggressive with mid to short irons.

Launcher 2009 10.5º, S
Rescue Dual 16º
Rescue Dual 19º
Maltby MTF 4-pw, Rifle 5.5
Maltby M-Series 52.6, 58.8 2008 AnserOut of the bag: Big Bertha Fusion 15º, YS6+ R (for sale or trade)

As a high handicap, technically all of my game is a weakness, but I'll play:

Weakness: Irons, driving consistency.

Strength: Short pitches and long chips.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Weaknesses, lack of length with the driver, poor sand play on the physical side. Keeping relaxed on the mental sided. My strength is my chipping and putting, especially putting.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Strength(s): Ballstriking: I have hit 61.11% GIR this year.
Keeping the ball in play: I don't hit every fairway, but I very rarely hit it OB or in hazards.
Weakness: Putting.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 4948 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!