IGNORED

Tiger to skip Tour Championship

BigAl5150
Note: This thread is 6376 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

"Playing seven out of nine weeks with an additional trip to Ireland for Ryder Cup practice was taxing both mentally and physically and I feel like I need another week away from competitive golf. I'm confident that this extended break will help me to recharge my batteries for the 2007 season." - TW

Woods will play in the HSBC Champions Tournament, Dunlop Phoenix Tournament, PGA Grand Slam of Golf, and Target World Challenge Presented by Countrywide to close out his season.

I have lost all respect for Tiger and Phil and have vowed to not support there sponsers buy using any of there products. I know that's not going to make any difference but it makes me feel better. I don't listen to the PGA tour on xm radio and quit watching the PGA on tv this year. I will support the LPGA whenever they come to town. Sorry but this just sets me off as to no respect for the fans. Guess they forget that without fans they would just be playing for fun on Sunday afternoons. Rant over (for now).

Mike

Titleist 915 D-2 9,5*

Titleist 915F 15*

Titleist 915H 18*

Mizuno MP-4 3-PW

Mizuno MP 54* & 60*

Yes Pippi Putter

Tiger hasn't played a competitive round since October 1st, and Phil hasn't played since The Ryder Cup the week before that. Is one month of rest not enough?

I completely agree, Phil has played in 19 official events and Tiger has played in 15 which is the least amount for the players in the top 10 on the money list!

That these 'young' players are tired and need rest really raises an eyebrow when you see that 'old' guys like Jim Furyk (#2) played in 23 events and Vijay (#3) has played in 26, nearly double that of Tiger. Then take a look at the 'really old' guys on the Champions Tour. ALL of the players in the top-10 have played over 20 events this year, 6 of the 10 have played 25 or more events. While I can see how these guys get drained from traveling and all of their sponsorship engagements, I can somewhat excuse their absence from regular events. But to miss events like the Tour Champship and the Mercedes is beyond me.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Lets not forget the guys on the champions tour use to drive their cars from one tournament to the next and if they they could get their they played and drove to the next event.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

...That these 'young' players are tired and need rest really raises an eyebrow when you see that 'old' guys like Jim Furyk (#2) played in 23 events and Vijay (#3) has played in 26, nearly double that of Tiger....

Dude. Wake up. Look at Tiger's and Phil's wife again and tell me you've NO IDEA why they're tired.

Dude. Wake up. Look at Tiger's and Phil's wife again and tell me you've NO IDEA why they're tired.

HA! OK it's all very clear to me now.

Gary Van Sickle just

He makes a point....as a fan and a believer in these top level events I don't feel it's a good one

Also, I am a fan of Tiger but I don't believe in the Tiger-Slam. To me the Slam is winning all the majors in one season/calendar year. Also if he does cherry pick the events he wants to win then yeah more power to him but like the slam he still won't beat Nelson's record of 11 unless it's done in the same season. (Some one help me here, did Byron skip any events inbetween the 11 wins or were they 11 tournaments in a row?)

Yeah, but what about all those workouts in the gym he supposedly does? I thought that was supposed to increase your, uh, "stamina"?

A Mixed Bag

Driver 320Ti, 10.5 R, stock graphite
Ovation 3W, Aldila 65R graphite
Dunlop DDH 5W Edge CFT Hybrid 3-iron, #3 graphite CFT irons 4 - E wedge, #3 graphite Apex Edge F wedge 60 degree LW Bobby Grace M5K putter Laddie X A3

I have lost all respect for Tiger and Phil and have vowed to not support there sponsers buy using any of there products. I know that's not going to make any difference but it makes me feel better. I don't listen to the PGA tour on xm radio and quit watching the PGA on tv this year. I will support the LPGA whenever they come to town. Sorry but this just sets me off as to no respect for the fans. Guess they forget that without fans they would just be playing for fun on Sunday afternoons. Rant over (for now).

If you are gonna throw that Scotty Cameron away in protest let me know.
In The Bag
Ping Rapture 10.5* Aldila Proto 65-S
Sonartec SS 3.5 19* 5W Fuji Tour Platform Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54.10*, 60.04*Odyssey White Hot 2 BallTitleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 6376 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!