IGNORED

Anyone else here hunt?

nhwoj
Note: This thread is 3002 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The only thing that I am willing to get out of bed for that early in the morning and stand around wearing way to many layers of clothing to fight the cold is tailgating for a football game.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

Originally Posted by David in FL

Yep, though I tend to spend more time fly fishing these days because it's something my wife really enjoys too.  I'll still go out and sit in a tree every now and then though.

For those that wonder if we have any decent deer down in Florida, these walked through my front yard this morning.  Out of season of course.....

Nice bucks! Warm weather and big deer, sounds like a good combo. I actually rather enjoy the cold, crisp morning hunts up here in Northern MN, except when it gets down to sub-zero... then it's just brutal.

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

Yep, I love bow hunting.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by butt3r3dt0ast

Nice bucks! Warm weather and big deer, sounds like a good combo. I actually rather enjoy the cold, crisp morning hunts up here in Northern MN, except when it gets down to sub-zero... then it's just brutal.

I'm with you.  Grew up in Wisconsin.  Just can't get used to hunting when it's 80 degrees out.  Give me a nice, crisp morning with a little snow any time.  But yeah, sub-zero and I'm staying in bed.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Quote:

I'm with you.  Grew up in Wisconsin.  Just can't get used to hunting when it's 80 degrees out.  Give me a nice, crisp morning with a little snow any time.  But yeah, sub-zero and I'm staying in bed.

Really the only hunting I'll do when it's below freezing is duck hunting. We don't get that too often in Louisiana or Texas, but every now and then it gets fairly cold.

Tyler Martin

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

Really the only hunting I'll do when it's below freezing is duck hunting. We don't get that too often in Louisiana or Texas, but every now and then it gets fairly cold.

The mornings are a little crisp in the San Angelo area come November.  Not bad though compared to here in WI or where I grew up in MN.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Originally Posted by cipher

Quote:

The mornings are a little crisp in the San Angelo area come November.  Not bad though compared to here in WI or where I grew up in MN.

True. To be fair, I've only hunted in extreme South and Southeast Texas. Out west and up in the panhandle, it can get pretty cold at times. Like you said, still nothing compared to WI or MN.

Tyler Martin

My bother took this185 just to pop some eyes:

Edit:  Jackson County WI BTW.

Nate

True. To be fair, I've only hunted in extreme South and Southeast Texas. Out west and up in the panhandle, it can get pretty cold at times. Like you said, still nothing compared to WI or MN.

I could live anywhere in TX.  Absolutely love it there.  Great golf too.  My bro married a girl from DFW.  Got to play Riverside(I think) and Texas Star before the wedding last year as well and loved it!

Nate

Quote:

I could live anywhere in TX.  Absolutely love it there.  Great golf too.  My bro married a girl from DFW.  Got to play Riverside(I think) and Texas Star before the wedding last year as well and loved it!

Texas is great, but Louisiana is still home. For a hunter and a fisherman, it's paradise.

Tyler Martin

Texas is great, but Louisiana is still home. For a hunter and a fisherman, it's paradise.

And they have at least 3....or is it up to 4 golf courses now?! :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Quote:

And they have at least 3....or is it up to 4 golf courses now?!

Haha. Louisiana definitely doesn't have the volume of quality courses that Texas or Florida have, but there are a few that are really top-notch.

Tyler Martin

My bother took this185 just to pop some eyes:

Edit:  Jackson County WI BTW.

In the Bag:

Yep, I love bow hunting.

Ditto. My son is starting bow fishing this year.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Ditto. My son is starting bow fishing this year.

Tried that for the first time as well this year. So much fun. There are a bunch of lakes here where carp are a big problem.

Nate

I typically hunt turkeys in the spring, ducks and geese in the early fall. The month of November is my favorite though. First I bowhunt the rut as much as I can. Then rifle season always falls on Thanksgiving week. Some old buddies that grew up here come back to hunt and hang out. We have a shack that about ten to twelve guys are regulars at, so I spend the week out there. Its a great time. If I do not have much venison by that time, I will bowhunt the late season. Temps can get pretty cold, but I do not sit long that time of year. Just looking to shoot a doe or two by then. That is pretty much what I hunt for, but I am up to try just about any kind of hunting.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Tried that for the first time as well this year. So much fun. There are a bunch of lakes here where carp are a big problem.

That sounds like a lot of fun. I know we have some carp problems in MN too, so I'll have to look into that.

In the Bag:

That sounds like a lot of fun. I know we have some carp problems in MN too, so I'll have to look into that.

Yeah I used to live in Rockford MN and there are some spots around there I think that people can go, but I am sure they are in a lot of places.

Nate

Note: This thread is 3002 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!