IGNORED

My Swing (tristanhilton85)

tristanhilton85
Note: This thread is 2270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So lately, I've decided to work as much as I can improving at this game. I'm tired of shooting in the 90s and would really like to get into 80s soon. I've read the Stack and Tilt book as well as watched the DVDs and really like what they have to offer. Right now, I'm posting down the line and caddy views of my driver swing and PW swing, both at full speed and in slow motion (25% speed). Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

I'm going to try to upload new videos at least every other week (if not more often) to see how I progress. Hopefully as the weeks go on the swing will get better and the HC will go down. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Just watched the one (you have iMovie - could you edit out the stuff that isn't swings and put the slow-mos together and things like that?), driver FO slow, and your head really dives down. More extension, and a straighter right arm to curb the overswinging.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'll edit and repost in a bit... I didn't realize my head dove down like that until I saw the video...

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Since I'm re editing the clips, I have a question... How much should I slow down the clips for slow motion? 50%? 25%? Thanks.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

So I've re edited the clips to get rid of the stuff that isn't swings. Also all the driver swings are together as are the PW swings. Slow-mos are still separate videos; this time they are slowed down to 40% of full speed. If you need 'em slower, let me know and I'll take care of it. At 40% they just let the videos be a little shorter and it made for a quicker upload.

Driver Swing

Driver Swing (Slow)

PW Swing

PW Swing (Slow)

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

wow I wish they had ranges like that where I come from

Yeah, the facilities we have out here are pretty nice. Most of the ranges out here are really well cared for and are grass ranges. This is about middle of the road, I guess we're spoiled out here in SoCal.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

It looks like the College Golf Center in Palm Springs. It's nice but can't compare to the practice facilities at some of the area courses.

Actually is Palm Desert, but yeah, that's it. And yeah, you're right, some of the area courses have AMAZING facilities... like I said, middle of the road.

Anyways, enough about the awesome facilities, as great as they are, I really would like some input on my swing... I really want to figure out what I need to work on so I can get over this hump and lower my scores.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

How do you like your tempo? I think your tempo is a bit fast and quick at the top.

Tempo is definitely something that I would like to work on.... I agree that I think I get too quick... any suggestions on how to do this? Any good drills to slow myself down?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

What drills can I do to keep my head from diving down so much?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• Administrator
What drills can I do to keep my head from diving down so much?

Stand up more. Lessen the flex in your right hip in particular (backswing).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

After watching the driver video I noticed two things. First your back swing is coming slightly past parallel, not by much. But I think you could try to shorten your back swing a touch, and I think this would give you more control.

Second thing I noticed was ball positioning. I would move the ball more to the front of your stance. I have always been taught the ball should feel like it is coming just past your right ear. I also think by moving the ball forward your arms will become straighter with less break in your left wrist.

With your swing these two things should give you a more controlled/straighter shot off the tee.

Burner 10.5: Driver
Burner 15: 3 Wood
Burner 22: Hybrid
Tour Action 6: 4-PW
Rac TP Black 52 & 60 Niblick 56 Rossa Imola 8 Pro V1 & Pro V1x Powerband Bag

You are losing quite a bit of power and control by allowing your left arm to collapse at the top. As others have said, work on keeping your swing short of parallel to the ground and create distance between your hands and your right ear by maintaining solid extension of the left arm.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

• 1 month later...
Finally captured some new video at the range... will post in a bit... I think that I'm making progress :)

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

As promised, here are the new videos... Driver and 7 iron each with DTL and FO and full and slow motion.

I also took footage of my hybrid swing... I'll not post that right now to try to keep this fairly short, but if you'd like to see it let me know and I'll put it up.

Driver

Driver (Slow)

7 iron

7 iron (slow)

Thanks for any advice.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

The angle in your right arm is breaking down on the backswing. You'd like it to be a around a 90* angle at the top, but instead it has completely collapsed. From there your outward forces are outracing everything else. Thats why everything gets thrown out over plane and why your right knee looks like it does at impact. Which means you need to work more on the down and forward pieces.

It would be nice to see a FO view, but I think you need to work on sequencing and getting the hips more forward.

Note: This thread is 2270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!