IGNORED

My Swing (tristanhilton85)

tristanhilton85
Note: This thread is 2270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Still working on the same stuff, but I think I'm seeing some improvements. On top of that, I've lost a bit of weight recently (down about 15 lbs so far), which I think has helped things as well.

I played with Barrett today at Westin Mission Hills (Gary Player Course) and hit it pretty well. Ended up shooting 80. With that score, I'm now trending at a 9.7, so it looks as if I'll officially be a single digit as of the next revision. Even if my next few rounds aren't all that great, the next three that fall off my index are in my bottom 10.

Also, considering I'm still working on the same thing and seeing improvements and all, I think I'm worthy of a "Stupid Monkey" badge. Hopefully @iacas and @mvmac agree.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Still working on the same stuff, but I think I'm seeing some improvements. On top of that, I've lost a bit of weight recently (down about 15 lbs so far), which I think has helped things as well.

I played with Barrett today at Westin Mission Hills (Gary Player Course) and hit it pretty well. Ended up shooting 80. With that score, I'm now trending at a 9.7, so it looks as if I'll officially be a single digit as of the next revision. Even if my next few rounds aren't all that great, the next three that fall off my index are in my bottom 10.

Also, considering I'm still working on the same thing and seeing improvements and all, I think I'm worthy of a "Stupid Monkey" badge. Hopefully @iacas and @mvmac agree.

Good stuff, bud. You deserve it. :beer:

Constantine

Whats happening here is that you are taking the club so far back, that you end up with all of your weight on your left side, you have no choice but to come back over the top, the other thing is that your lower body and your hips are out of sync with your upper body...  And your club is way past parallel to your target...  Try pre loading your weight on the inside of your right foot and do not let it get outside of your right foot, and allow the weight to transfer to your left side through impact... This may help you sync your upper and lower body up, and with resistance you will feel during your back swing should help you not over rotate your shoulders...

Bryan

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/100185/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/100186/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/100184/] [/URL] Whats happening here is that you are taking the club so far back, that you end up with all of your weight on your left side, you have no choice but to come back over the top, the other thing is that your lower body and your hips are out of sync with your upper body...  And your club is way past parallel to your target...  Try pre loading your weight on the inside of your right foot and do not let it get outside of your right foot, and allow the weight to transfer to your left side through impact... This may help you sync your upper and lower body up, and with resistance you will feel during your back swing should help you not over rotate your shoulders...   Bryan

Umm. Thanks. Just so you know, the video you referenced is nearly four years old. A lot has changed since then.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Sorry I need to look at the date of the post, still new to this site so please forgive me for posting on a swing that was four years old... Your swing looks much better, I guess this will teach me to go to the end of the thread...

Bryan

Sorry I need to look at the date of the post, still new to this site so please forgive me for posting on a swing that was four years old... Your swing looks much better, I guess this will teach me to go to the end of the thread...

Bryan

No problem... I appreciate you trying to help out.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• 2 months later...

Played today, and it was kinda crappy. Ended up shooting 89. First time out with the GAME Golf... very cool and easy to use. I've tried to use the Looper feature in the Swing By Swing Golf GPS app on my iPhone before, which does something similar to the GG, but it just took too much time, and it wasn't worth it.

Here is the round... it's broken up into two 9 hole rounds because my home course currently has the fronts of both courses closed so we're playing the backs....

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/tristanhilton85/round/91249

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/tristanhilton85/round/91250

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks Mike.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• 6 months later...

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• Administrator

It's a functional pattern, no doubt, but some quick little tips:

• Watch the late extension that sends the head forward in and after transition.
  • Keep a soft feeling in the shoulders in that part of the backswing, with the chest feeling like it is pointing downward a bit more.
  • Hips forward to create some secondary tilt.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It's a functional pattern, no doubt, but some quick little tips:

Watch the late extension that sends the head forward in and after transition.

Keep a soft feeling in the shoulders in that part of the backswing, with the chest feeling like it is pointing downward a bit more.

Hips forward to create some secondary tilt.

Yep, good stuff.

Also couldn't hurt to make sure the left knee moves inward on the backswing. Will help with the chest pointing to the ground feeling.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 2 years later...

Hmmm... Almost a 1000 days since I've posted my swing.

Here's what it's looking like these days:

• Upvote 1

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

golf_TST.tristanhilton85.thumb.jpg.b67aaca3de61695e27c6a7743b7a71d1.jpg

golf_TST.tristanhilton85_A6.jpg.2ebc40d83e36ca1da2afb0cbadee9746.jpg

My 2 cents.

Your head dips quite a bit in the backswing, I think that is often from having too much weight on your toes at address ...  im sure other things could cause it as well.

You look quite narrow at P4 ... your hands are too close to your right shoulder.   At least a little overswing ... gets your right elbow so deep .... I dont see how it gets into a good position in the downswing.  You EE quite a bit (tush line loss) to make room for the arms.

Face On, Your head dips quite a bit in the backswing.   A7 FO, your hips and shoulders are fairly square to the camera likely from a stall to wait for your hands and arms.   At A6, your hands are behind the turn and you are coming in quite steep.  your body has slid quite a bit targetwards ( you cant see the golf cart in A1, but you see it near your right shoulder at A6).

Not sure about ...

- are your legs a bit to straight at address ?  your baggy pants make it hard to follow the knees.

image.png.3197644acbfc7768c74b7a6cee11c116.png

When I look at this previous video, this was marked hip restriction.  The fairly flared feet and the lack of left knee flexing and moving laterally slightly tell the tale.

A6 - similar to current A6.

image.png.6f9819b7ad20d39555117c439f2ef682.png

That lateral weight shift towards the target at the top of your swing gets your body very targetward.   Hands dont have a chance !

• Administrator

@tristanhilton85, same things as when I visited you in SoCal.

A little wall drill so your axis tilt isn't target-ward at A4 (feel free to mix in a little feeling the club laid off, but don't overdo it), and then hips going forward on the downswing a bit.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, iacas said:

@tristanhilton85, same things as when I visited you in SoCal.

A little wall drill so your axis tilt isn't target-ward at A4 (feel free to mix in a little feeling the club laid off, but don't overdo it), and then hips going forward on the downswing a bit.

Yep agree with this.

@tristanhilton85, when you head moves forward as much as it does on the backswing you basically have to widen out the wrist angles coming down.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 2270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!