IGNORED

My Swing (tristanhilton85)

tristanhilton85
Note: This thread is 2296 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by iacas

Sweet! Congratulations! Get rid of the 6s on the card - play the par fives for an easy par and don't ever get into too much trouble on the par fours - and you'll pretty much be there!

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Awesome job, man. I hope I helped in some small way, but if not, congratulations nonetheless

Originally Posted by mvmac

Congrats!

Thanks everybody... not only for the congrats but for all of your help as well.  My hitting goals like this is due in large part to this thread and site in general.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Great job Tristan.  Keep working on that swing and building a solid pivot and you'll break 80 pretty quickly.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Yea, I think it's really impressive breaking 90 for the first time on a 6500+ yard course. The course I first broke 90 on was about 6000 yards, and I clearly remember that day being a serious battle of wits. So well done again, Tristan.

Constantine

Originally Posted by sacm3bill

A 232 yard par 3? Sheesh, I hope it's downhill...

Yea, that's just a smooth 9 iron for me....choked down.

Constantine

Originally Posted by sacm3bill

A 232 yard par 3? Sheesh, I hope it's downhill...

Not even close to down hill... actually it's an elevated green that is very well protected by bunkers.  From the tees I played though it's 201 yards... I just play it like a short par 4 for now because if I end up in the bunkers it's an easy 5 ...

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Here is a overhead view of that particular par three, just so you can see it.

#13.jpg

EDIT:

I edited the picture to show where the tee boxes are (I normally play the yellows) and also the pin locations... when the pin is at #1 or #2 the hole is really hard... some times I'd rather play it from the back tees... it's another 30 yards but the angle is way better.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

^^^

Better be able to hit a draw!

Congrats on breaking 90, Tristan.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Originally Posted by Stretch

^^^

Better be able to hit a draw!

Congrats on breaking 90, Tristan.

Thanks Stretch.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I'd go 5-wood, possibly landing it long and try to get up and down. on that Par-3.  Depending on how uphill and what the wind was doing, maybe smash a 4-hybrid really high and soft.  Those look like nothing but awkward bunker shots there.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

If you can get reach the green, that hole looks "slightly" easier from the tips.

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

Here is a overhead view of that particular par three, just so you can see it.

EDIT:

I edited the picture to show where the tee boxes are (I normally play the yellows) and also the pin locations... when the pin is at #1 or #2 the hole is really hard... some times I'd rather play it from the back tees... it's another 30 yards but the angle is way better.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

If you can get reach the green, that hole looks "slightly" easier from the tips.

Yup... the problem is reaching it though.

Originally Posted by bunkerputt

I'd go 5-wood, possibly landing it long and try to get up and down. on that Par-3.  Depending on how uphill and what the wind was doing, maybe smash a 4-hybrid really high and soft.  Those look like nothing but awkward bunker shots there.

The problem is I don't carry a 5 wood and I still have trouble hitting my hybrids high... I always end up hitting a line drive straight into the bunker... if I get lucky it'll roll down to the bottom of it, if not it'll be plugged and I'll have the worst bunker shot ever...  I normally just hit 6 iron and land it short on the right and try to make up and down from the front of the green.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Some new video, not a whole lot has changed from last time, but the fact that I'm wearing a white shirt and edited the videos in iMovie to brighten them up (thanks jamo) helps to see somethings better.  Anyways any comments or whatever are more than welcome... here they are...

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• 6 months later...

It's been a while since I posted in this thread and while I don't have new video I did break another goal... I broke 85!!! I played the at the Links at Summerly in Lake Elsinore from the white tees (70.6/126). I shot 46 on the front which is pretty average for me but followed that up with an even par 36 on the back so I ended up with a 10 over 82!!! I had 4 birdies on the day with 3 of those on the back side. Off the tee I was just ok today but my irons were dead on and then on the back side the short game and putting came to life! Just a great day and I wanted to share.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I am on FIRE!!!!

Yesterday, as I had said, I played Summerly and shot an 82, which is a whole 6 strokes better than anything I've ever had before. I wasn't planning on playing today, but after yesterday I had to get out again. I played the Pete Dye course at Westin Mission Hills in Rancho Mirage (Par 70, Gold Tees, 6158 yd., 69.5/125), and shot 39 on the front and a 40 on the back for a 79! The crazy thing is that these last two days, the driver hasn't been especially good... just good enough that I'm not in trouble. However, the irons have been great. Even if I missed the green I felt that I would get my up and down. Hell, on the 14th, I hit my tee shot OB, then rebounded by putting a great drive down the middle, sticking an 8 iron to 12 feet and then draining the putt to save bogie.

These last few days have been great and I really hope that this keeps up... I finally feel like I'm playing to my capabilities.

Heres my card:

Breaking 80 SC.jpg

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• Administrator
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

I am on FIRE!!!!

Yesterday, as I had said, I played Summerly and shot an 82, which is a whole 6 strokes better than anything I've ever had before. I wasn't planning on playing today, but after yesterday I had to get out again. I played the Pete Dye course at Westin Mission Hills in Rancho Mirage (Par 70, Gold Tees, 6158 yd., 69.5/125), and shot 39 on the front and a 40 on the back for a 79! The crazy thing is that these last two days, the driver hasn't been especially good... just good enough that I'm not in trouble. However, the irons have been great. Even if I missed the green I felt that I would get my up and down. Hell, on the 14th, I hit my tee shot OB, then rebounded by putting a great drive down the middle, sticking an 8 iron to 12 feet and then draining the putt to save bogie.

Sweet! Usually the round after your best score ever is one of your worst ever, so good job not succumbing to that!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

Sweet! Usually the round after your best score ever is one of your worst ever, so good job not succumbing to that!

I can relate.  Last week, my handicap for the week was 0.6.  Today, it was something like 14.1.  Literally left it all out there last week and didn't have any grind left in the tank.  Time to bounce back after a few days break....  Nice job Tristan!

[ Equipment ]

Note: This thread is 2296 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!