IGNORED

ESPN's 30 for 30. Your top 3?

Easy
Note: This thread is 3599 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Resurrecting an old thread here, but I just watched No Crossover: The Trial of Allen Iverson on a whim. Many (all?) of the 30 For 30 documentaries on on Netflix. Really great film about one of the most fascinating athletes in recent history.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The Two Escobars

The Best That Never Was

....those are my two favorites.  I also really You Don't Know Bo , and Pony Excess.

I really like Unguarded . It's about Chris Herren, a great basketball prospect out of Massachusetts, and his struggle with addiction that ultimately derailed his career. After he burned out of the league and hit rock bottom, he eventually got his life together and seems to be a really positive person these days.

Hands down without a doubt my favorite was the Benji Wilson story. Ben Wilson was America's most talented basketball prospect until the boy was senselessly murdered in Chicago...........this is a must see. There is a mouth wide open moment in the middle of this one. Im not ashamed to say that my wife and I both cried watching this.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

There have been about 60 of these.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30_for_30

Here's my ranking of those that I saw...

Tier 1 - Amazing.

1. Big Shot - A must see.  Outrageous that Spano was able to get that close to owning the Islanders.
  2. The U
  3. The Price of Gold - The Kerrigan clubbing is one of my favorite events in history.  I still have trouble believing it really happened.
  4. The Fab Five
Tier 2 - Really good
  1. Roll Tide/War Eagle
  2. Ghosts of Ole Miss
  3. The Marinovich Project
  4. You Don't Know Bo
  5. Run Ricky Run
  6. Guru of Go
  7. Free Sprits

Tier 3 - Worth watching.

1. Fernando Nation
  2. The House of Steinbrenner

Toilet Tier - Avoid at all costs

1. Broke - This was so visually and auditorily offensive that it was difficult to watch.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Just watched Youngstown Boys this morning. It provided an interesting perspective on the whole Maurice Clarett situation that was very different from what the media reported at the time. Did not look pretty for the Ohio state University and it's athletic director. I thought tressel came across well for the most part, except for turning his back on Clarett when he needed him the most.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched the new 30 for 30, "Requiem for the Big East" and it immediately becomes my favorite, although it pissed me off because of the inevitable ending.

I have been an unabashed Big East fan since the inception of the league and I am angry and saddened by what has happened in recent years. The Big East was the best basketball conference in the country, but the lure of football money was just too much to ignore. But schools like Syracuse and Boston College will always be stepchildren in the ACC when it comes to basketball, even as good as Syracuse always is. Tobacco Road will never care as much about Syracuse as Georgetown, St. Johns, UConn and Villanova did.

As one of the journalists in the show said, "They ran out all the poets and brought in the salesmen."

Bill M

Just watched the new 30 for 30, "Requiem for the Big East" and it immediately becomes my favorite, although it pissed me off because of the inevitable ending.

I have been an unabashed Big East fan since the inception of the league and I am angry and saddened by what has happened in recent years. The Big East was the best basketball conference in the country, but the lure of football money was just too much to ignore. But schools like Syracuse and Boston College will always be stepchildren in the ACC when it comes to basketball, even as good as Syracuse always is. Tobacco Road will never care as much about Syracuse as Georgetown, St. Johns, UConn and Villanova did.

As one of the journalists in the show said, "They ran out all the poets and brought in the salesmen."

I missed the first several minutes, but caught it last night as well.  I agree, it was really good.  I, however, did not know the ending and was quite fascinated by how the league ended up being ruined by football.  Too bad.

Loved seeing all of the old footage from the '80's.  :)

Into the Wind - everyone needs to take an hour to watch this.

Terry Fox was a legend.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

• 4 weeks later...

1. The Two Escobars - I'm a huge soccer fan, and this was a fascinating look into the machinations of Colombian government and its struggle against the drug cartels.

2. Small Potatoes: Who Killed the USFL? - Watched this all happen first hand, and I was a Tampa Bay Bandits fan growing up.

3. June 17th, 1994 - Again, I watched this (the O.J. incident) unfold as it happened, but it's neat to see all of the things that were happening all at once.

Agreed. The Two Escobars was unbelievable.  One of my favorite documentaries, not just 30 For 30 , but of all time.

• 1 month later...
1. The Two Escobars-An incredible doc, fascinating to see the story of both Andres and Pablo. Watched it multiple times 2. Winning Time-Fantastic to see Reggie Miller in his heyday and the relationship between Lee and Miller 3. Without Bias-Loved it and great storytelling of the Bias Tragedy

Riley

Note: This thread is 3599 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!