IGNORED

When is it too cold to stop playing golf?

Uncle Peter
Note: This thread is 4854 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When is it too cold to stop playing golf?

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

uh...never?!?!?! I've played when it was below freezing, bounced one off the lake on onto the green.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

When it stops being enjoyable.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

never----as long as the is a minimum of snow on course any temp will do. I've played on frozen ground. Great roll out on fairways but the lofted irons to a rock solid frozen green can be a bit challenging. Wisconsin Golf!!!!!!

9* Geek No Brainer with red Stiff Gallofory shaft
15* R5 3 wood with Burner shaft
21* 24* Nike CPR hybrid Aldila by you shaft
5-pw Titleist 680 cb irons-SK Fiber graphite shafts
52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

im done
played my last round yesterday

it was 5 degress C, with the 15km wind, it felt like 1
had a UA cold gear long sleeve, nike polo, lightweight fleece and a half zip/half sleeve pullover raincoat....and a touque and mitts
had a blast tho and one of the funnest rounds of the year

im happy to be done tho
75 rounds in 6 months is a good haul
im ready for a break and some indoor range sessions and maybe a few trips snowboarding and sledding a my kiddos
fingers crossed for a mild-ish winter and an early start to the 2011 year
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

If there's no snow on the ground then it's not too cold. I played in the rain today. It was great. Wish I had some rain gloves though.

Driver:  Krank Formula Five 7.5 X-Stiff        Fairway Woods:  :gigagolf: Pursuit 3 Wood

Hybrids:  nickent.gif3DX 1 & 3            Irons:  :gigagolf: Powermax TRX 4-PW

Wedges:  callaway.gifX-forged Jaws 52,56        Putter: yesgolf.gif Tracy II

We play year round here. On occasion we have a cold front come through and it gets too cold to play. I would have to say around freezing is when I draw the line. If I have to put on so many clothes that I can't swing anymore, then maybe I take the day off.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When I can't play in shorts! Thankfully this doesn't happen very often in the Palm Springs area.

Cleveland Classic XL 10.5 Rombax 6X07
Titleist 904F Aldila NV
Nickent 3DX hybrid

MX-25 irons & MP-R wedges

Odyssey #5

Leopold GX1/Skycaddie SG5

Sun Mountain Hybrid Bag

Ask him if he can play in July or August

LOL...I actually play more in the summer because the greens fees are so inexepensive. However, I do try to start no later than 7am in July and August. 110F-120F makes for a tough round even though we have that nice DRY heat!

Cleveland Classic XL 10.5 Rombax 6X07
Titleist 904F Aldila NV
Nickent 3DX hybrid

MX-25 irons & MP-R wedges

Odyssey #5

Leopold GX1/Skycaddie SG5

Sun Mountain Hybrid Bag

I play year round. With the bitter cold winter in AZ we are lucky to wear shorts all winter. And I do play in the warm AZ summer. Best time to get the killer deals on the really expensive courses of the winter months.

nike.gifTour
ping.gifG10 Driver 9*
ping.gifG10 3Wood 15.5*ping.gifG10 5Wood 18.5*ping.gifG10 Irons 4- PWping.gifTour Wedges 50*, 56*, 60*odyssey.gifPutter 33" Sabertoothbridgestone.gifBall E6

I think once it got down into the 30s I would stop. I have however, played in the spring when there was still snow left on the course...I hit a shot out of a bunker filled with snow! It was a little softer then the sand...

Also watched my brother snap the head off of his PW during that same round. The fairway was like hitting off of concrete!

In my Grom XX:
cleveland.gif Launcher 12.0* Fujikura Saishin 65 S and 15* Fujikura Fit-On Gold R // ping.gif G10 Irons, AWT Steel S, Fitted Purple Dot// cleveland.gifCG14 Chrome 56*, 14 // odyssey.gif Crimson Series 550 Mallet, 34" // srixon.gifZ-Star

Note: This thread is 4854 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!