IGNORED

Your Club Cleaning Setup

nikeman6
Note: This thread is 4704 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i have someone come around my house after a round and clean mine for me.

Ahh Lemon Pledge, you must have the best smelling clubs in your foursome. The residue must cut down on your ability to spin the ball though.

Not bad. Assuming you only putted 31 times you broke 100. Congrats :)

Actually, putted only 29 times but I tend to include my putts in the total number of times I hit the ball.

Some people take care of things they care about. It has more to do with the individual than it does with golf.

I take care of stuff I care about, that why I don't have 4 hours to clean and polish a set of golf clubs!.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I keep a wet towel and brush on the course and wipe off the club after every shot...
Maybe once every 6 weeks I give em a 5 or 10 min soak in scalding hot water and few drops of Turtle Wax car wash... light scrub of the grooves and wipe dry...

Weapons of Mass Destruction
* Driver - SQ Dymo - 10.5*
* Woods - SQ Dymo 3 Wood - 15*
* Irons - Black Pearl CG 7 - 4 thru PW
* Wedges - RAC Y-Cutter - 60* * Utility - Niblick - 42* & 56** Putter - YES Callie* Ball - E6*** Looking to buy a Niblick 49*

I clean mine after im done with them whether it be after a round or a range session. Just a dab of dish soap and an old toothbrush. A question I have for you guys I have white grips (love the look) and I was wondering how you keep them white? I know they will have some wear eventually but my driver and 3 wood are just about grey now. What do you clean them with and how often?

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gif California Coronado 35" | ogio.gif Grom Black Plaid Bag |  Penta TP

I clean mine after im done with them whether it be after a round or a range session. Just a dab of dish soap and an old toothbrush. A question I have for you guys I have white grips (love the look) and I was wondering how you keep them white? I know they will have some wear eventually but my driver and 3 wood are just about grey now. What do you clean them with and how often?

I'm buffing my persimmon right now!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

A question I have for you guys I have white grips (love the look) and I was wondering how you keep them white?

brake cleaner....really

any kind or type is fine spray it directly on, wipe clean w a shop towel (i use the blue ones) and done leave no smell on the grips, doesnt eat them in any way shape or form and cleans them back to new and they get tacki again i did these with my Tacki Mac Itomics and it worked amazing i am testing some Winn Lite Firm's this winter...so far i really like them and about the same price as the Tackis online
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

brake cleaner....really

I did the same thing on my Yes putter grip and had the same results. The yellow and white had turned ugly but now the grip looks like new.

Weapons of Mass Destruction
* Driver - SQ Dymo - 10.5*
* Woods - SQ Dymo 3 Wood - 15*
* Irons - Black Pearl CG 7 - 4 thru PW
* Wedges - RAC Y-Cutter - 60* * Utility - Niblick - 42* & 56** Putter - YES Callie* Ball - E6*** Looking to buy a Niblick 49*

brake cleaner....really

what kind of brake cleaner are you using?

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gif California Coronado 35" | ogio.gif Grom Black Plaid Bag |  Penta TP

I wash them after every couple of rounds, especially if the conditions have been overly messy. But key for me is the grips. I find if I give them a good scrub quite often they last much longer and stay in better shape when used. But, I make sure to plug the grip end when submersing. I recently pulled some grips for a friend that was visibly rusty under the grip. He said he washes his clubs after each round by submersing the heads and then grips for up to 5 minutes each way. But he never ever blocked the hole and the clubs were literally disintegrating form the inside out. But they were also about 8-10 years old.

First - I clean my clubs after every shot on the golf course because I want it to be ready when I am ready for the next time I plan to use it...I hate when I figure out what shot and which club I want to hit and then pull the club and it is full of dirt...now I have to break away from being ready to hit the shot and clean the club...I rather clean it right after each shot that way I don't have to think about that the next time I need to use it...now on the range I may just work through 10-20 balls with a certain club and then I will clean it. I also clean all clubs used (range work or playing) each time out first thing when I get home (see below for how) as it only take a few minutes...okay maybe 10-15 if I used every club during a round of golf. The reason is that I take pride in my equipment and want it to look as good as it works

Second - "Keep it simple"...I use a Edwin Watts cleaning tool...use the wire brush on the grooves and the other side for the rest of the club...I simply spray Windex (yes you read that correctly) on the entire club, use the brush and then wipe off with a Titleist micro fiber towel. My AP 1 irons are fairly new but they still look like brand new...and I would like to keep them this way as long as I can.

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

I take care of stuff I care about, that why I don't have 4 hours to clean and polish a set of golf clubs!.

I hear you man. I give my clubs the Dremel polish about once a year and it takes about an hour. Other than that, I take a brush to them and dump in a bucket of water.

Hot soapy water, electric toothbrush, and a microfiber towel. If you haven't tried using a electric toothbrush I highly recommend it.

Driver: TM R11 9* S
3 Wood: Orlimar
Irons: Mizuno MP-60 4-PW
Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 56.13, 60.08
Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi C-03

• 3 months later...

Whats the best way to remove the "green residue" left on irons after hitting off a range mat?

Will soap and water work or will you need something stronger?

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

I clean mine thoroughly once a month or so. I did it the other day with a bucket of warm soapy water and a brush.

Dry with a towel then use a can of compressed air ( being a computer technician has its perks :S ) to dry the cavities etc....done

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by NM Golf

Then again I am also the guy who thinks iron covers are the lamest golf item you can possibly own. If your irons look like new then you aren't playing enough!

My friend recently bought a set of iron covers for his new irons. I think I made him regret the decision!!! haha. Funny people put covers on their irons, so they don't get damaged by clinking around in the bag, but then go out and hit them through sticks, rocks, sand etc. Hilarious!

Here's a clue for all you golf club cleaners out there --- Clean, working grips are more important than clean, pretty club faces. Don't forget to wash/sand your grips!!

don't have a setup i guess...i have my nike towel and a cheapo-$2-walmart special hand towel...nike is used for drying face, hands, arms etc on a hot day and drying grips when it's raining...cheapo is for getting damp/wet before the round and cleanin after each shot...clubs get a bath but once a year at the end of the year...no wax or unecessary buffs, polishes, shines, etc. they're golf clubs. used for golf. can't say i've picked up a chick on the golf course b/c my 4i had some bling to it...

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Originally Posted by erock9174

Whats the best way to remove the "green residue" left on irons after hitting off a range mat?

Will soap and water work or will you need something stronger?

Soap and water works fine.  My Brush Caddy product is obviously for use at a grass driving range but I have a design for a brush, specifically for use at a range with mats for this very reason and removes any debris left from the ball.  I'm not sure there is a market for a product like this so I was surprised/interested to see your post.

Originally Posted by BrushCaddy

Soap and water works fine.  My Brush Caddy product is obviously for use at a grass driving range but I have a design for a brush, specifically for use at a range with mats for this very reason and removes any debris left from the ball.  I'm not sure there is a market for a product like this so I was surprised/interested to see your post.

The brush I'd like to see would have semi-absorbant semi-stiff bristles about 1/2" to 3/4" long on one side for a quick soapy wash. On the other side are shorter stiffer bristles for cleaning out the logo on the sole of my Clevelands (like a denture brush). In between would be a straight hard edge made of plastic (hard but softer than chrome plated forged irons) to scrape off the driving range mat buildup. Make one of those and I'll buy it. Probably 2.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

The brush I'd like to see would have semi-absorbant semi-stiff bristles about 1/2" to 3/4" long on one side for a quick soapy wash. On the other side are shorter stiffer bristles for cleaning out the logo on the sole of my Clevelands (like a denture brush). In between would be a straight hard edge made of plastic (hard but softer than chrome plated forged irons) to scrape off the driving range mat buildup. Make one of those and I'll buy it. Probably 2.

So, would this be a brush attached to your bag or a similar design like my product that is in the stall with you and in reach?

Note: This thread is 4704 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!