IGNORED

Sold some irons to a friend...

Note: This thread is 4926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So i recently sold some X-14's to a friend. He seemed happy with the purchase. I sold them pretty cheap.

Then we had a round a few weeks ago (his first in years) and he has been non stop complaining about them saying thay are not right for him. I suspected it was just because he was playing poorly. But hes still complaining.

I told him its not the clubs its him. I think he just needs practice.

What do you think?
Superlight 3.5 Bag
TM Superfast Driver
TM Superfast 3 Wood

Cleveland Hybore Hybrid
X-24 4-SW Irons
Ping Tour 54 - 62 WedgesOriginal Anser Putter Pro V1

+1, not exactly terrible clubs... so more likely the Indian than the arrow!

I assume you play something other than X-14s now, and just haven't updated your signature yet? If so, maybe offer to swap clubs for a round, you play your old X-14s, and let him play your new clubs. Maybe then he'll realise?

Cobra - Speed Pro 8.5º X-Flex, Speed Pro 13º S-Flex | Mizuno - MP CLK 20º Hybrid, MP-67 DG S300 4-PW | Cleveland - CG10 52º,56º, 60º | Rife - Antigua Island 34"

I assume you play something other than X-14s now

No i had 2 sets. Long story. One was 2deg flat.

He has the standard lie ones
Superlight 3.5 Bag
TM Superfast Driver
TM Superfast 3 Wood

Cleveland Hybore Hybrid
X-24 4-SW Irons

No i had 2 sets. Long story. One was 2deg flat.

So if you're playing the same clubs (lie apart), can he not just accept that at a +4 handicap you're far better than he is? I wouldn't even consider complaining it was the club's fault to a + handicapper... especially if they were playing the same clubs as me!

Cobra - Speed Pro 8.5º X-Flex, Speed Pro 13º S-Flex | Mizuno - MP CLK 20º Hybrid, MP-67 DG S300 4-PW | Cleveland - CG10 52º,56º, 60º | Rife - Antigua Island 34"

Gotta be the clubs...I normally play so much better than this...excuse.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

+ handicapper...

Huh... when did '+4' that happen 8.5_drive?

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

So i recently sold some X-14's to a friend. He seemed happy with the purchase. I sold them pretty cheap.

I couldn't give a crap about your little issue, I just don't know why you are lying about your handicap being +4. As of posting this, that is what is says as your hcap. Just remember that putting a plus before the number means your handicap is better than scratch. You weren't +4 the past few weeks, and there's just no way it has gone down to plus 4 in that time.

What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

Huh... when did '+4' that happen 8.5_drive?

I know, what a joker this guy is.

What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

What is your friends handicap? If he isn't in the low teens or lower, I'm thinking he just needs to practice. But I will say, my game took a sharp turn for the better the minute I got fitted properly for clubs. Just buying a standard set doesn't always work for everyone. But again, unless he is playing at the caliber you are playing (very low handicap), it is probably him and not the clubs.

In my Grom XX:
cleveland.gif Launcher 12.0* Fujikura Saishin 65 S and 15* Fujikura Fit-On Gold R // ping.gif G10 Irons, AWT Steel S, Fitted Purple Dot// cleveland.gifCG14 Chrome 56*, 14 // odyssey.gif Crimson Series 550 Mallet, 34" // srixon.gifZ-Star

I couldn't give a crap about your little issue, I just don't know why you are lying about your handicap being +4. As of posting this, that is what is says as your hcap. Just remember that putting a plus before the number means your handicap is better than scratch. You weren't +4 the past few weeks, and there's just no way it has gone down to plus 4 in that time.

LMAO jesus chris CHILLOUT! i ment to change it to 4 not +4

Superlight 3.5 Bag
TM Superfast Driver
TM Superfast 3 Wood

Cleveland Hybore Hybrid
X-24 4-SW Irons

Unless the shaft flex is wrong the x-14 clubs are still very good product. Anika used them for years despite Callaway's efforts to get her into their newer offerings. I have a set which I pull out and play on occasion. They are very under rated GI clubs. My only concern with them is the uniflex firm flex shaft is a bit soft for my taste. Leads to a bit spotty distance control. Left to right and trajectory are fine for me.

Being a iron set with offset your friend may have alignment issues.

Has he confided in what issues he is having with the sticks or is he just being grumpy????

9* Geek No Brainer with red Stiff Gallofory shaft
15* R5 3 wood with Burner shaft
21* 24* Nike CPR hybrid Aldila by you shaft
5-pw Titleist 680 cb irons-SK Fiber graphite shafts
52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

Unless the shaft flex is wrong the x-14 clubs are still very good product. Anika used them for years despite Callaway's efforts to get her into their newer offerings. I have a set which I pull out and play on occasion. They are very under rated GI clubs. My only concern with them is the uniflex firm flex shaft is a bit soft for my taste. Leads to a bit spotty distance control. Left to right and trajectory are fine for me.

well he is just being miserable.. he doesent have a specific problem with them, he just hits it fat then thin then hook then slice ect..

i doubt he would be able to play to 28 but he doesent have a terrible swing.
Superlight 3.5 Bag
TM Superfast Driver
TM Superfast 3 Wood

Cleveland Hybore Hybrid
X-24 4-SW Irons

If he continues to whine, could you find a better friend? He sounds manipulative to me.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tell him to stop being a bitch and just sell them if he doesn't like them. You gave him a good price so he's not going to be out anything but time.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Probably unrealistic expectations, thinking if he used same clubs as you he'd hit better. Now he doesn't have any excuses but to blame the clubs not being right for him, which might be. If it's worth the friendship, take him to get fitted and find out if the clubs will work for him, if not, he can trade them in for something that does.

Joe Paradiso

X-14's are some of the best Callaway has EVER come out with.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Note: This thread is 4926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!