IGNORED

What Putter do you use?

Note: This thread is 4768 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Rife Trinidad - 34" with a SuperStroke grip...absolutely deadly.

titleist.gif Titleist 910 D3 - Project X 6.0 7C3 Shaft  |  adams.gif Adams XTD Super Hybrid - 15 degrees  
adams.gif Adams Idea Pro A12 Hybrid - 18 degrees 
Adams CB2 - KBS Tour Shafts - 4 - PW
vokey.gif Vokey 54.10 Oil Can  |  vokey.gif Vokey 60.07 Oil Can  |  rife.gif Rife Trinidad - SuperStroke

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use an Odyssey Golf Black Series-i 9 Mallet Putter 35"
taylormade.gif - Taylor Made R11 Driver, 9*
taylormade.gif - Burner 2.0" 4-AW Steel
vokey.gif - Vokey 56*, 60*, 64*
odyssey.gif - Odyssey ProType PT 82

titleist.gif - Pro-V1  taylormade.gif - TMX Stand Bag

Wilson Staff Kirk Currie II center shafted. One thing I will not change in my bag, though always play with putters at stores. 35" with custom sightline added to top by Colbert Plating.

Driver Nike Sumo 13* offset (yep old man driver)
Driver #2 Nike Sumo 16* (Sweet 16) for short par 4, long par 3's
Hybrids Nike Sumo 2H and 3H 18 and 21 degree
Mizuno MX-25 4 - SW
Wilson Staff Kirk Currie II PutterHacker and Proud of It

i use a scotty cameron newport 1.5, what a putter, lovely roll and feel!

ZL Driver 10.5 Voodoo stiff shaft
F speed 3 wood stiff shaft
909 H Rescue
AP2 4-pw KBS Tour Stiff shafts
Forged 55 SV 58 SM 60 Tour action 64 Newport 1.member of www.shirlandgolfclub.co.uk

I now use a 35'' cameron newport 2 studio select. This was preceded by: cameron detour, ping b61 (re-gripped and still in garage), cleveland classics I, hagen tour milled WH-2, and an STX Greeny 1. Despite my previous indecision, I feel pretty settled on the newport 2.

---------------------------------------------------
taylormade.gif R7 Limited 10.5*
taylormade.gif V Steel 15*
taylormade.gif Rescue Dual Hybrid 19*
taylormade.gif Burner 08 Hybrid 22*cleveland.gif CG4 4-PWvokey.gif 52*, SM 56*cameron.gif 35" Studio Select Newport 2

i hope your joking..........

I kid you not. it's the yellow Scotty Cameron Studio Design headcover, the yellow one, and it has a red Circle-T. i'll post a picture later

What's in my Mit-E Lite Stand Bag:
Driver: R9 460 9.5° Stiff Flex
3-Wood: Burner '07 Stiff Flex
Hybrid: Idea A3 4-Hybrid 22°
Irons: X-18 4-PW, Lamkin-Michelin OCS Tour GripsWedges: CG15 52°-56°-60° Normal BouncePutter: Pro Platinum Newport Mid SlantBall: Penta TP

I kid you not. it's the yellow Scotty Cameron Studio Design headcover, the yellow one, and it has a red Circle-T. i'll post a picture later

What's tour issue? The putter or the headcover? If it's the latter, that's 100% ridiculous.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

What's tour issue? The putter or the headcover? If it's the latter, that's 100% ridiculous.

The market Scotty Cameron has created for his rare, quantity controlled, "Circle T" headcovers (and to a lesser extent shirts, hats and ballmarkers with the same circle T) is an absolute stroke of marketing genius. Hundreds and hundreds of putters going for 4 figures, dozens and dozens of headcover styles going for 3,4, $500 easy.

Not to slap on your putter and take to the local muni, but to keep in pristine condition (NIB new in bag and NOOB new out of bag affects value). The majority of collectors treat them as collectibles, buying, selling, upgrading, trading, etc. The putters themselves are art for many people. The thing is, Scotty does not see the majority of this $. He will have a limited headcover release for a major tournament, selling, say 500 in just a few hours for $100+ each. (leather covers are more desireable and valuable) They are immediately worth $200 on the open market or more. I would guess that less than 10% of them ever see a golf course. The world of Scotty Cameron - serious collectors - is out there, a bit hard to fathom, but it is very real.
Cant someone just stamp their own T with a circle around it on a putter or headcover?

The covers are very high quality embroidery, some with a gazillion stitches. So, yes you can but it would be spotted as a fake immediately by anyone who knows anything about SC headcovers. You would also ruin the value of the headcover. If it was an OTR (off the rack, non Tour cover worth $25-50, it would be worth $2 to a serious collector if you had defaced it with your own circle T. Most wouldn't even want it.

To answer the OP, I use a Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2. I had used a Ping Anser 2 from 1987 until about three years ago, when I bought my Cameron. It is a flow neck, which suits me, is the softest carbon steel you'll ever hit a golf ball with, and the best feature is the long alignment that runs the entire flange of the putter. I get to align the entire FACE of the putter instead of one little line going the other way. I never knew it, but I always aligned the Top Line/leading edge of my old Ping, not the traditional alignment line. The SD 2 is perfect for me, feels and looks great, etc. Until I someday get a Scotty Cameron Napa... That's my dream putter. They are $250-400 used, even more depending on condition.

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

like i said, i'll post a picture of it later.

No circle-T on the putter, putter is nothing short of a normal retail.

Two years ago, i attended this clinic at my local golf club, and an LPGA pro came and was teaching us about better ways to practice, and she gave my swing coach a bag of putters and wedges which he gave out to all of us. there was a SC headcover in there, and i did what any other golfer would do and i went straight at it.

There's my true story that STILL nobody believes to this day. as soon as they hear that a SC putter was given to me free of charge they stop believing.

Irons: X-18 4-PW, Lamkin-Michelin OCS Tour GripsWedges: CG15 52°-56°-60° Normal BouncePutter: Pro Platinum Newport Mid SlantBall: Penta TP

Circle T SHAFTBAND - $89.00.

http://iphone.ebay.com/Pages/ViewIte...833194&emvcc;=0

Here is a Circle T Prototype version of my putter.... $1,799.00 right now... And it is NOT new

http://iphone.ebay.com/Pages/ViewIte...834741&emvcc;=0

Tiffany blue (rare color) Circle T headcover, yours for $750.00

http://iphone.ebay.com/Pages/ViewIte...720723&emvcc;=0

eBay isn't the be all - end all of prices and the pulse of the market, but you get the idea..

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

aserta ivm eclipse. lightweight mallet. my first center shafted putter, love it!

I almost pulled the trigger on a used centre shafted Odyssey this evening. While looking for information on it (black insert) via google, I discovered the Odyssey in my bag is the same model that G. McDowell used to win the US Open.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

uploading photos to imageshack.....................................................................
*Bashes head on desk due to slow internet connection*

Front view

Side view with Titleist logo
And *Drum Roll*

This is it.

It's been used for three seasons so far, so you can see the stitching around it wearing off. the velcro is not very strong anymore and it overall just is worn down. but it's a legit circle-T

if I were you I would stop using that headcover,lol

Yes. yes i am. i'm getting a Rossa during the winter, so ill either use the stock headcover or find some fun collegiate or novelty headcover to go with it

Motteler....

That HC is too worn to have much value anymore. Especially the Circle T and other areas. Maybe $10-$20 for someone that has a similar cover already and wants a beater, or someone who wants a bad weather Circle T cover. The large majority of Cameron Collectors will avoid it in my opinion.....

Note: This thread is 4768 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!