IGNORED

"The Comics" Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 1894 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

The purpose of this thread, which I hope will be an ongoing thing, is to contain links to and mockery of unintentionally "funny" or perhaps even downright stupid golf tips all of us undoubtedly see in the various magazines, websites, etc.

I'll start it off with this gem, which doesn't even need to be refuted as I think anyone with an ounce of common sense will see how bad it is.

aj_bonar_comics.jpg

Oh, AJ… you should stick to the card tricks…

Share your most hilarious "finds" and let's keep this thread going.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-instr...nk-haney-slice

You just have to read the first few sentences to know this one is full of it.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Vomit, I couldn't read past the first sentence of the article "A slice comes from only one condition: The clubface is open at impact, which puts cut spin on the ball."

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Here's a video of Lead-poison. It's a double whammy--displays his love of selling overpriced, useless golf aids and his lack of knowledge regarding basic ball flight laws.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Vomit, I couldn't read past the first sentence of the article "A slice comes from only one condition: The clubface is open at impact, which puts cut spin on the ball."

You should have read on a bit more.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

How is that in a magazine with a 2010 date? And when are they going to stop selling "draw" drivers that dont promode a draw?

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my golf clubs for what I told her I paid for them."
What's in my SQ Tour Carry bag?:
Driver: R7 Quad 9.5*
3, 5 Wood: G5 clones
Irons: : AP1 (4-PW) Wedges: 52*, 56*, 62* Spin Milled Putter: White Hot 2 Ball BladeBalls: Shoes: My...

This advice gets me boiling.

When I had my first and only lesson the instructor told me to do this. Gave me more of a slice and I quit the game for 10 months.

I don't even know what to say about this one.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

May I ask which one of his trademark techniques he is flipping through there?

Also, is it just me or does that dude not look just like you'd imagine Jack Hamm's dad would?
Too Simple To Be Golf Techniques Anchor Golf Swing Series Astounding Golf Technique ™ Audacious Golf Technique ™ Authentic Golf Swing Series Admirable Golf Technique ™ Airtight Golf Technique ™ Classical Golf Swing Series Consummate Golf Technique ™ Cardinal Golf Technique ™ Ecstatic Golf Swing Series Exceptional Golf Technique ™ Enormous Golf Technique ™ Supreme Golf Swing Series Stupendous Golf Technique ™ Splendid Golf Technique ™ Fabulous Golf Swing Series Failsafe Golf Technique ™ Faultless Golf Technique ™ Outrageous Golf Swing Series Outstanding Golf Technique ™ Overwhelming Golf Technique ™ Connect Golf Swing Series Breakthrough Golf Technique ™ Breathtaking Golf Technique ™ Unstoppable Golf Swing Series Unforgettable Golf Technique ™ Unassailable Golf Technique ™ Spellbound Golf Swing Series Stellar Golf Technique ™ Stalwart Golf Technique ™ Incredible Golf Swing Series Impeccable Golf Technique ™ Infallible Golf Technique ™ Magnanimous Golf Swing Series Maxim Golf Technique ™ Magnum Golf Technique ™ Earthshattering Golf Swing Series Extraordinary Golf Technique ™ Eminent Golf Technique ™ Sublime Golf Swing Series Superior Golf Technique ™ Swank Golf Technique ™ Landmark Golf Swing Series Legendary Golf Technique ™ Laudable Golf Technique ™ Famous Golf Swing Series Fantastic Golf Technique ™ Foolproof Golf Technique ™ Remarkable Golf Swing Series Reliable Golf Technique ™ Regalia Golf Technique ™ Banner Golf Swing Series Bedrock Golf Technique ™ Blockbuster Golf Technique ™ Trailblazer Golf Swing Series Topnotch Golf Technique ™ Trustful Golf Technique ™

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

And when are they going to stop selling "draw" drivers that dont promode a draw?

When morons stop buying them.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

When people try to keep that golf glove tucked up under their arm, throughout the entire swing, that's just pure comedy.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I teach the game....I thank the editors of these magazines every month....I wonder if any magazine will publish the real ball flight laws

PB
Canadian PGA Life Member
Peter Boyce Golf Academy
Strathroy, Ontario
:tmade:

It's true, the speed you gain from rotating the club during contact with the ball, will make that draw a power draw! POW!

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1894 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!