IGNORED

Best online fitting

binga7
Note: This thread is 4879 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Any recommendations on websites that will give me a ball park spec for my height, wrist to floor etc, for lies and whatever.

Just for your info I am 6'0'' and FTW is 36.5"
Hand size 8" and longest finger 3.75"

Thanks

Golfsmith has an online fitting where you can put all that information in and it puts out suggestions on length, lie, grip size, shaft suggestions for ball flight, and stiffness.

« Keith »

I know the right thing to do is get fitted in a shop, but my options are rather limited. I started golf in 2008 and went to the only shop within 50kms of my town to get some clubs. These are the irons in my sig, now they are really a no name brand, super game inprovement and i paid $600 bucks for them. At the time i was happy, but 2 years down the track i have seen all the wonderful deals you can get online. Plus my swing has changed heaps and I feel a bit ripped off by this shop. Otherwise its a 2 hour drive to go to a range where i could try demo clubs. Throw in the fact that id need a day off work to get there and well thats another story...

i have similar stats to you and play regular length flex and lie in my irons. What is your true driver distance (not the down wind one that landed on the cart path) and what club would you use to hit 150 yards?

S83 Mid-size Tour bag
910D2 9.5º Aldila RIP Stiff C.3 setting
909F2 15.5º Diamana Stiff
909F3 18º Aldila VooDoo Stiff
909h 19º Diamana StiffAP2 4 iron  CB 710 5-PW KBS Tour stiff50º(bent to 52º) 56º54 60ºStudio select Newport 2 Pro V1

Lie angle is probably one of the most important specs to get right. If you go to a range with mats, you could try putting some masking or duct tape on the sole of your irons and see where they wear off. It won't be perfect, but you can at least see if your lie angles are too flat or too upright and compare this to what the online fitting suggests.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge 10*
Woods: Mizuno F-60 (15*, 18*); Hybrids: Callaway FT-iZ 21*, Callaway X 24*
Irons: Mizuno MX 25 (5I - GW)
Wedges: Mizuno MP T Chrome (56/10), MP T-10 Black Satin (60/8)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #9

for shafts, I've used the True Temper shaft fitter to pick a shaft for my driver. so far i'm happy with the selection.

http://www.truetemper.com/shaftfit/

For general online club fitting, I've used TGW's custom fitter and Golfsmiths with ok results. Like everyone said, definitely not as good as a dynamic fitting done in person, as your measurments may change depending on how your body is arranged at impact vs. address.

WITB:

Fast 10 10.5* Driver  |  adams.gif Fast 10 15* 3 Wood  |  adams.gif Idea V3 19* Hybrid  |  titleist.gif 710 AP1 4-GW  |    55* and 60* Wedges  |  Lajosi KLP7J Putter

Having played for years, and knowing what we do, I don't think any of us would feel satisfied with an online fit.
That being said - unless you have money to burn, buying clubs that you have never hit (based on some numbers from a chart) could be a disaster for your game.
The other thing is that the shop you originally bought clubs from sold you what you were looking for and maybe needed. They may offer you a pretty good trade-in for your set. Even if they don't, you can "get even" with them - get measured, evaluated, fitted, and then take that information and find something at a better price. Make sure they focus on the shaft - you should hit the same clubhead with about 4 or 5 different shafts to see how each affects the flight of your ball and shot dispersion.

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

Note: This thread is 4879 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!