IGNORED

Best Ping Driver?

Note: This thread is 4907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am looking to get a new driver. I have always been a fan of Ping clubs and was wondering which driver to buy. The Rapture V2 or the G15. Which do you think is best? Also, is the new K15 okay for a single digit handicapper? Thanks?

Are you asking about the head only? If that's the case I prefer the G15 but the Rapture V2 is "hotter". There is no reason a single digit can't use a K15 just because it's made for max forgiveness. You might also want to toss the G10 into the equation because some of them came with real Diamana Blue Board shafts and Grafalloy ProLaunch Red shafts and also they are quite cheap now that the new models are out. Those two shafts are two shafts that you can't go wrong with. This is of course irrelevant if you already have a shaft picked out to put in those heads.

« Keith »

I15 110% there best driver. I also loved the rapture!

K15 was horrible imho, it's for sombody who slices the ball and needs help to get the ball in the air.

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

Hunter Mahan: Ping Rapture V2 10.5° with a Ping Prototype 824 X
Angel Cabrera: Ping Rapture 7.5° with an Aldila Protopype 80X 45.25"
Bubba Watson: Ping G15 7.5° with a Grafalloy Prototype (Bi-matrix shaft that has a steel tip)
Heath Slocum: Ping G15 9° with an Aldila RIP 70X
Lee Westwood: Ping G10 9.0° with an Aldila prototype XNV6 X (Was using a G15 11° with Aldila VooDoo NV6 X earlier in the year but went back to the G10)
Miguel Angel Jimenez: Ping G15 9.0° with unknown shaft
Louis Oosthuizen: Ping Rapture V2 9° with a Grafalloy Platinum 65 X 44"
Mark Calcavecchia: Ping G10 7.5° with a Fujikura Motore F3 X shaft

I only looked up some of the big names and somehow it doesn't seem like any of them are gaming an I15. Ping G15 seems to be the most popular. The pros must be on to something with so many of them gaming the G10/G15.

« Keith »

The stuff we play aint what the pro play, I don't think.
Who cares what the pro's play also, it needs to be what you like.

56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

I15 110% there best driver. I also loved the rapture!

I15 wasn't a choice.

The stuff we play aint what the pro play, I don't think.

So you think they are playing some prototypical version of the Ping G15? Why care what the pros play? The G15 was made for the to be forgiving and to have so many pros use it over the I15 which was made better players, it says something. Obviously they were unhappy with I15 when they tried it. Of course it comes down to what fits you best but the OP posed a question and I provided an answer with some data.

« Keith »

I was just saying I would consider the I15 and aswell.

You have just controdicted yourself about what pros play. And yes I do believe they play different then what we play. Ill use tiger as a example becuase everyvody noes who he is. Do you really think he played the normal TW blades ect. I would bet money they his clubs do not get forged in china like stock nike clubs. I would say they are done in japen were alot of pros told me the best forging places are.

But back on topic if you can get them a hit. The shafts seem to make alot of difference.
Yes the G 15 is forgiving, but I could not tell that is was that much more forgiving then any other driver.

You have just controdicted yourself about what pros play. And yes I do believe they play different then what we play. Ill use tiger as a example becuase everyvody noes who he is. Do you really think he played the normal TW blades ect. I would bet money they his clubs do not get forged in china like stock nike clubs. I would say they are done in japen were alot of pros told me the best forging places are.

I was questioning your statement not contradicting myself when I said "Why care what the pros play?". You've heard from the pros firsthand that Japan has the best forging places? I don't know if he plays stock TW blades set to his custom settings or not and neither do you. Don't be throwing around misinformation if you don't have solid proof. The club heads are not beefed up for the pros, they are conforming stuff approved by the USGA. The beefing up is primarily done via customization, added weight, and upgraded shafts. The G15 is more forgiving than the I15, maybe you couldn't notice because you hit the sweet spot every time.

« Keith »

maybe you couldn't notice because you hit the sweet spot every time.

You must be right!

Note: This thread is 4907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!