IGNORED

KBS Tour vs PX

Gerald
Note: This thread is 4892 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone tried KBS Tour shafts (regular) and compared these to the Project X (5.0 or 5.5).

KBS Tour seems to be a hot shaft at the moment, higher kickpoint, lower ball flight, but is that also the case in regular flex ?

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

Is that from experience or from looking at specs ..... I personally thought the KBS Tour regular to be about in between the PX 5.0 and PX 5.5

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

Yup from experience. I play and practice with a lot of juniors and they have all sorts of shafts. Hit the I15's with the KBS Tour regular and the Callaway X-forged 09 with the PX 5.0. To me the KBS is barely stiffer than the 5.0's. I find the 5.0 5.5 6.0 correlate pretty similar in stiffness by feel to the KBS regular, stiff, and extra stiff. I didn't try them side by side and also they had different heads but nonetheless I have tried both.

« Keith »

ive seen threads on the worst feeling shafts and the most popular ones were Project x steel shafts and adilla nv wood shafts.Ive never hit the Project X's though but dont like what Ive read about them. seriously like everyone would say Project X iron shafts and adilla nv. I have tried the adilla nv and really didnt care for it.

• Administrator
KBS Tours feel softer than their rated flex and Project X feel stiffer than their rated flex.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

KBS also makes a Tour 90 - lighter shaft, a tad more clubhead speed. (95 grams in taper, 101 grams in parallel)

For ProjectX, a local clubsmith recommends softstepping 5.0 shafts if you want an R-flex performance.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

KBS Tours feel softer than their rated flex and Project X feel stiffer than their rated flex.

Is that the feel or also the actual flex being softer than rated flex ?

Note: This thread is 4892 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!