IGNORED

Nippon N.S. pro 950gh shafts

walfice
Note: This thread is 4887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was considering trying these shafts in my irons (currently using DG high launch s300). Does anyone have experience of these shafts? Do they spin a lot? Also, the tip is .355 (i think), and my current shafts are .370 (i think lol). Would it be as simple as using a shim for a club fitter to swap these shafts around?
Any other thoughts on these shafts appreciated.
6i ss around 90 mph
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

I have these. Very light (95 grams). Very Ideal for slower tempo swings(for swingers rather than hitters). One of the most widely used shafts in Asia. Also very popular among LPGA tour professionals. Plays softer than dgs300 (I use stiff 950gh). High launch. I would say you give it a try with x stiff. Remember, these shafts are very soft. Probably the most advanced lite shafts available as Nippon is known for their lighter shafts.

In my Rider Cart Bag
Driver: Titleist 910D3 with Project X 6.0 45inch  (9.5)
FWs: Titleist 910F with Project X 6.0 (15 and 17)
HYB: FT-IZ (3)
Iron: MP-53 NS Pro 950 Stiff Flex (4-pw)Wedges: MP T-11 (50, 6), Tour Action 900 (54 deg), CG 15 (60, 8)Putter:SC Studio Select Newport 2.6 33inch

Thanks. I'm thinking of trying them because my brother has a spare set of irons with these shafts in them so I could pull them and install them in my set. I am more of a swinger than a hitter so maybe they will suit me? What is the cost of pulling the nippons and installing them in my current irons?
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

Got these in my irons, and I like them a lot. As Jkwakopo said, these are high launch shafts for skinny guys like me (haha). I've seen my 1.5hcp friend play them and they balloon pretty badly (but he is a very hard and long hitter) on high speed swings, but I'd say in S they are fine for up to 95~100mph (driver club head speed). If you swing faster than that, then try them in X but I'd recommend you look into the slightly heavier 1050GH in X for a slightly lower launch, if you still want lightweight shafts.

Note: This thread is 4887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!