IGNORED

Scotty Cameron moving to Nike.... ???

enis750
Note: This thread is 4887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

speculation at this point im sure

BUT...fun read
I know this isn't the first person to say about Cameron making a move but I heard from a pretty reliable source that in January Cameron will no longer be with Titliest and will start with Nike. Just to make it perfectly clear I don't care which company he goes with, I am not a big fan of his putters. Go ahead and flame away this will bring out the best.

flame away

"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

I've heard that they were up for sale, but I haven't heard one way or another which way there are going to go. I must say, if Scotty is sold to Nike I will sell my Studio Select and buy a Nike/Scotty. A Cameron would look great with a swoosh.

On a side note, if the brand is sold, one has to wonder whether or not Scotty himself will go with it. I don't really have any knowledge of the business side of this, so pardon me if this is a domb question.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On a side note, if the brand is sold, one has to wonder whether or not Scotty himself will go with it. I don't really have any knowledge of the business side of this, so pardon me if this is a domb question.

I can't imagine Nike - or anyone - would buy the Scotty Cameron name if it didn't include Scotty for some period of time. The line of putters is typically sold to reasonably informed golfers, and if it became known that Nike was just putting the name on them, I doubt they'd sell as well.

That having been said, if Nike is making Scotty Camerons and I ever decide to get a fourth putter, Nike Cameron would probably be it.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

1. Don't doubt it if it happens, Nike has more money than they know what to do with, so why not buy scotty? lol
2.Nike method line would most likely be totally flushed out as they were made to pretty much compete with SC.
3.Tiger would be happy with Nike again as he could go back to his scotty.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

Does anyone think that the whole "Tiger switches to Nike Method putter on the eve of the British Open then gets back to old Scotty" fiasco have triggered any of this? Especially since Acushnet brands would be apparently for sale? Sounds like awful good timing… but we don't know exactly when the talks about selling Titleist/FootJoy/Scotty really started.

Doesn't really effect the putter in my bag, that's for sure... In fact, it may become more valuable.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Semi-related note - just curious to see if any of you knew that Scotty made very limited number of putters for Mizuno way back in the day? Like, early '90's back in the day, IIRC.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

I've heard that they were up for sale, but I haven't heard one way or another which way there are going to go. I must say, if Scotty is sold to Nike I will sell my Studio Select and buy a Nike/Scotty.

He probably has some kind of contract signed with Titleist to use his name and services. If Titleist goes, I'm sure he does too.

Just interesting to see if he disappears after the contract is up.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

Hee hee hee. A couple of the dudes over at Cameron Collector must be having aneurysms right about now.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Possible but I don't think probable. I don't know what the net value of the Scotty Cameron brand is but I'm sure its a SH** ton. I can't imagine that Nike would have beefed up their putter segment (like they have over the last year) with the knowledge that they may acquire Scotty Cameron and (if this is true) they knew about the possibly at least a year ago. Plus Nike won't deliever the freedom like Titleist did too. Titleist understands collaborative brand marketing better than any golf company (bob vokey - Scotty Cameron , made by _________ for Titleist.) Although, Scotty Cameron was with Mizuno, Maxfli and Cleveland at one point so I guess anything is possible. Only makes Titleist putters more valuable...

callaway.gif   FT-i driver,  FT 4-wood,  X Utility Prototype 18* hybrid-iron / Big Bertha Diablo 3 & 4  hybrids

Tour Preferred CB 5-PW irons

callaway.gif   X-Forged 52*, X-Forged 56*/58*, X-Forged 64*  wedges  

Daddy Long Legs (38'') putter

:nike:RZN Platinum ball

This makes a lot of sense for all parties involved (except Titleist, of course). I say, bring it on. Scotty putters are about performance and cool, and who understands that better than Nike?

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

.................Scotty Cameron was with Mizuno, Maxfli and Cleveland at one point so I guess anything is possible............

Excellent point here. And the final decisions over brand selling/buying are mostly how the numbers, as in $, work out. If Nike is willing to pay enough, the bean counters at Titleist may say "go for it". All involved will believe its win-win.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

if the rumores are true, i think jan or feb we will find out for sure

w Aschunet (or however you spell it) is for sale, anything is possible i guess......
doesnt change the way i feel about a Scotty putter tho - swoosh or handscript ill game it either way

as Delav mentioned, maybe the Titleist Scotty's will increase in value???

This makes a lot of sense for all parties involved (except Titleist, of course). I say, bring it on. Scotty putters are about performance and cool, and who understands that better than Nike?

LOL - good one.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

just thought of this....

if Aschunet is bought out by Nike...
does this not include the Vokey line of Wedges, made for Titleist ......

imagine...Vokeys and Cameron w a swoosh on it

Semi-related note - just curious to see if any of you knew that Scotty made very limited number of putters for Mizuno way back in the day? Like, early '90's back in the day, IIRC.

FWIW I knew. I think I've seen them on his website, or something.

2.Nike method line would most likely be totally flushed out as they were made to pretty much compete with SC.

Maybe, but maybe not. Scotty doesn't have any putters with some sort of groove technology. The infusion of the Method into some sort of Scotty line could be interesting.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

FWIW I knew. I think I've seen them on his website, or something.

I'm sure the two putter lines would remain separate. SC would be the "elite" line and will continue making boutique and custom putters and the method lineup will likely remain as the cheaper alternative.

An interesting point someone else brought up... will Scotty go to Nike or just sell the brand (think Roger Cleveland). I don't think that Scotty has any allegiances to Titleist, but he might go independent.

Note: This thread is 4887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!