IGNORED

Picked up Nike Machspeed!

Note: This thread is 4740 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well for my black friday shopping. I decided to buy a machspeed driver online for real cheap. Im pretty much a driver ••••• lol, this will be my fifth one in just over a year haha.. Anyways, was lookin to see what people have to say about it on here!

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

If you don't mind the square Nike-ized look, its a great driver. Half the trouble with getting people to buy these things is making them even swing the thing. Most people are pretty surprised how nice the thing feels once they swing it. It's really really light too. The wind tunnel grooves are a nice tough (though I'm not sure how much further the ball really goes because of it).

Overall great driver if you got it cheap. I can't wait to demo the black rounded machspeed soon.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

I love the look of the Machspeed, but I'm not going from one generation of driver to the immediate next. However, when price drops happen, I may get the Machspeed Black.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Dont mind the square at all, not my first square driver haha. Defiantly like the feel of it from just swinging it in my living room.

I love the look of the Machspeed,

what do you mean?

what do you mean?

I have the DyMo, and the MachSpeed is the immediate next one, if I remember correctly. I'm not convinced that the difference is worth spending the kind of money I'd have to shell out for a MachSpeed is. Of course, if my specs change significantly, and I'd have to spend money on it anyway, then I'd get the newest one.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I have the DyMo, and the MachSpeed is the immediate next one, if I remember correctly. I'm not convinced that the difference is worth spending the kind of money I'd have to shell out for a MachSpeed is. Of course, if my specs change significantly, and I'd have to spend money on it anyway, then I'd get the newest one.

mmmmm, idono if id call the dymo the first then the machspeed the predecessor as the SQ driver line goes way further back than the dymo. So if your gonna look a it that way id really say the machspeed is more like the 4th or 5th or something like that.

mmmmm, idono if id call the dymo the first then the machspeed the predecessor as the SQ driver line goes way further back than the dymo. So if your gonna look a it that way id really say the machspeed is more like the 4th or 5th or something like that.

I think what he is saying is that the Dymo is like the 3rd and the Machspeed is the 4th... he's not going to go right to the next one... probably will go from the 3rd to the 5th generation as in his mind (and I kind of agree here) that enough has changed to justify the purchase. He just doesn't think enough has changed in one generation to go out and get it.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I think what he is saying is that the Dymo is like the 3rd and the Machspeed is the 4th... he's not going to go right to the next one... probably will go from the 3rd to the 5th generation as in his mind (and I kind of agree here) that enough has changed to justify the purchase. He just doesn't think enough has changed in one generation to go out and get it.

Yep, that's it exactly. I'm fully aware of the SQ predecessors to the DyMo - that's what I have for my fairway metal and hybrids. When I got my current driver (previous was an Adams something or another - bought used in 2008), it was similar in cost to the SuMo, so I got this version.

Of course, I'll likely be getting Machspeed hybrids before too long.

-- Michael | My swing! 

So long story short, you like buying odd numbered generation clubs in a sense. I can see the validity in that.. Just couldnt pass up paying a hundred bucks for a driver that less than a year ago costed 350 bucks.

So long story short, you like buying odd numbered generation clubs in a sense. I can see the validity in that.. Just couldnt pass up paying a hundred bucks for a driver that less than a year ago costed 350 bucks.

Seems like it was a good deal... Hopefully you'll hit it long and straight.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Oh, I definitely know the feeling. When the MachSpeed Black is at that range, I won't be able to resist it.

-- Michael | My swing! 

That's how I got my SQ Dymo Str8-Fit last year, for 37.5% of the price they had been going for approximately 8-9 months earlier. It's a really great driver too (the combination of the high launch, heavier 79 gram Xstiff shaft with the face set open and at 8* is an absolute bomber). Between the driver and the Forged Pro Combo irons I picked up I've lost any and all disdain I had for Nike golf products. I may also pick up the Black SQ Machspeed when the price gets down to $150 or $100.

• 1 month later...

I know this thread is old, but I didnt want to start another.  I just bought the str8-fit Machspeed 9.5 for $67 on global golf. I wanted a newer driver similar to my nike 5900 with less loft and this fit the bill perfectly.

To the OP, how are you liking it?  Any opinions from others who have used it? Besides the lower loft, should I expect to pick up a few extra yards with the lighter shaft and different head design, or no?

TWS, Did you buy the original machspeed or the new black model?  Also, is the Fubuki shaft in the black the real one or 'for nike'?  I was looking at it in the store and couldn't see anything on the shaft to make me think it wasn't the real thing.

adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

• 3 months later...
I've had the 5900 reg flex sumo and it was amazing, loved the sound look everything. After developing quite a higher swing speed, I upgraded to the machspeed str-8 fit with a stiff shaft. Definitely worth it!

have fun on the golf course! score low right?

I tried the Mach Black with the 50Gram Fubuki stiff shaft a few weeks ago when I was comparing it to the R11 (which I now have in my bag).  The club reaally surprised me.  The launch monitor showed that i actually had a higher club head speed with it ( only by 1-2mph) it felt really good.  I think it's a sound club!

Note: This thread is 4740 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!