IGNORED

Your 2011 Golf Goals Official Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 4589 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. I would like to get below a 5.5 index by the end of the year.

2. Increase my GIR from 32% to 44% or better.

3. Lower my putts per GIR to 2.0 or less.

4. Play 100 rounds (again)

5. Shoot 75 or better.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Play more local and State Amateur events.

Play all four courses in Lawrence in one day (Eagle Bend, Alvamar GC, Alvamar CC, Lawrence CC).

Practice more.

Become an amazing ball striker.

Make a putt.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

My Goals for 2011

1.) Break 85 and shoot it the mid 80s consistently.

2.) Lower the number of three putts per round

3.) Increase GIR% and FW%.

4.) Get Scorecard and post ALL rounds and keep track of ALL my stats no matter how bad I'm playing.

5.) Practice at least 2 times a week (hopefully 3 or 4) including short game and putting (not just banging balls at the range)

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

1. Work at becoming a much better lag putter.

2. Consistently shoot even par which will pull me closer to my recent 3 year goal to become scratch (currently in year 2 of that 3 year goal).

3. Work on getting up and down 60% of the time.

4. Work on consistently moving my weight onto my left leg at impact on every single shot.

5. Consistently rolling my right foot laterally towads to target vs. lifting onto my toe.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

To stop 3 putting, and concentrate more while playing. More consistent swing, and too hit more fairways, it is very frustrating to almost exclusively be scrambling. It would also be nice to knock off a few strokes on a round.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

1. Join a club.
  2. Play three times or more weekly.
  3. Stay in the low 80's.
  4. Enjoy the game more.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I, being a simple soul have but one goal for golf in 2011. I aim to decrease my HCI into single digits as low as I can. If I get below 10 at any point, the year will be a success.

I realize this requires better ballstriking, better putting, better chipping, better and more consistent driving etc. Since those individual accomplishments are very hard to measure the HCI will serve as the goal and measurement.

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

1. Establish a USGA index 2. Find a coach 3. Play 10 new courses 4. Play a pro am 5. Beat my dad heads up. ( fat chance but worth trying simple because it means I get to play with my father ) 6. Buy a set of forged irons on my trip to japan. 7. Oh and why not....... A hole in ONE !!! At my all time favorite par 3. Turkey creek # 14

When a company makes a club in the USA I will proudly display their brand here. All of mine were made in china by somebody making $2 a day. Shame on you Mr club manufacture.

# 5 is the best one. I am heading to Myrtle Beach for the holidays and am most looking forward to playing golf with my dad. He doesn't play anymore but when talking to him you can tell he is looking forward to playing a round. Let the joking begin, I can hear it now after I hit my first drive, "I thought you said you play golf, do you need a bigger driver" Ha the old man can let the ribbing fly.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

My 2011 Golf Goals:

1. Get in better physical condition - Important because I want to get more distance, develop a more consistent swing, and to save my back...which is fried at 29 and is only going to get worse over time

2. Devote more time and energy to putting consistently - I think if I could putt worth a d@mn , I could become a scratch golfer with the game I have NOW

3. Hit my long and mid irons more consistently, and longer distances - My driver distance vs. iron distances are out of wack. I'd like to compress the ball and hit it flush throughout the bag, not just with the scoring clubs

4. Improve my ability to work the ball both directions, with all clubs, from various lies - I need to be better at curving the ball on command. Some of the places I drive it...I need miracles

5. Learn how to hit an old-school 'chip' shot with a stronger-lofted club - I do most of my short game stuff with a 60, but I'd like to at least have the chip shot 'in the bag'

6. Better mental game and deal with bad shots better - Most of my really bad rounds in the high 70's and into the 80s are when I'm hitting it like sh*t and instead of grinding, I get mad at myself and/or get into anger tantrums. Once you get angry, it's hard to get your focus and energy back afterwards. Plus I need to get more centered on the course and in more controll (or less control, to get a little Buddhist for a second) of what my mind is doing on the course. I need a clearer, more usefully-focused mind.

7. (Tentative) Change to a more neutral grip - I'm experimenting with this during my winter practice sessions. I may end up scratching this...check back next spring.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

1. Break 70 for the first time: Broke par for the first time this year, lets keep the momentum going.

2. Practice more: Get a car so I can actually practice during the week.  Be disciplined to practice for an hour and a half instead of trying to rush 9 holes in.  Putt, Putt, and more putting.

3. Get in shape: Feel like it will just make everything easier.

4: Qualify for State Championship: It's on my home course, make it in and anything can happen from there.

5. Get down to scratch: Played the best golf of my life last year, lets finally break the barrier.

Driver: Taylormade Burner TP (2007 model)
Fairway Wood: Callaway Steelhead III 4+
Hybrid: Sonartec MD 19
Irons: Mizuno MP 33s  4-PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled wedges: 60, 56, 52Putter: Odyssey DFX 9900

Note: This thread is 4589 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!