IGNORED

Top Flite....Eagles?

Note: This thread is 3966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, I was in target earlier in the week, and when I'm biding time waiting for family/friends I typically look at electronics, and then move to the golf/sporting goods section if the store has a decent selection. I wasn't expecting much but they did actually have the standard fare and even some decent deals on some cheaper stuff.

Anyways, I noticed along with the usual D2's, Gamers, and usual Top Flite balls they had a double dozen of a model simply called "Eagle." It was 19.99 for 24, and i picked up a box just out of sheer curiousity. They have the dimple in dimple thing that some of Top Flites nicer balls use, and at first glance, I'm guessing that its just a repackaged D2 straight, or perhaps they just boiled the D2 down to its most balanced form. I searched around the web to see what the word on these was, and I noticed that the only place that sells them is target, and targets website through amazon.

It appears to me that they are some sort of target exclusive (I've noticed target carries the top flite starter set in a different, blue color as opposed to the regular red and black) So i'm guessing Top Flite and Target have some exclusivity deal to offer some unique stuff.

So my question is, has anyone else encountered them? played them, even? I'm getting out tomorrow so hopefully I'll get enough good shots to give you guys my impressions (Although I'm guessing they'll perform quite similarly, if not identical, to any D2 thats not the feel model)

PS. Tried a quick search, didn't find anything. Apologies in advance if I missed something!

The best cheap ball on the market is the Precept Laddie X ($19.99 for two dozen).

The Golf Warehouse website has them among many other places. Great ball for under a buck each.

-Dan

The best cheap ball on the market is the Precept Laddie X ($19.99 for two dozen).

Best is subjective; my "best" inexpensive choice is the Nike PD Softs - a gross was $100 ($8.33/dz).

Back to the OP, first I've heard of them and you're probably right, a D2 model badged just for Target.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

There was an interesting, "don't rain on people's parade", comment in one of the Scottie threads.

@ the OP, even though I've never seen them, my money is on them being a "straight" or a "distance". PS. kudos for spelling the brand correctly.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

You goobers are funny.

Not raining on any parades.

Just telling a guy with rock hard 2 dozen for $19.99 balls where he can get a better ball for the same exact price.

Upon playing both "cheap" balls, I suspect he will better understand my recommendation;)

-Dan

Several brands release golf balls just for Target/WalMart. Taylor Made has the XD, Callaway used to have the CX3, you mainly only find Titleist HP3 and SF models at Target and WalMart. I guess for Top Flite it's the "Eagles." A lot of times (in the case of Taylor Made and Callaway, and formerly Titleist) the don't even put those balls on their website.

To answer your question though, no, I have never played them.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You goobers are funny.

If they're D2's with a different name, they're anything but rocks.

I'll take Gamer V2's any day of the week over Laddies....and most $30+/dozen balls too. The price:performance ratio on the V2's are 2nd to none.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

So you are buying two dozen Gamers for $19.99?

That would be correct my friend. Just picked up 6 dozen for $10 a pop.

Local range's pro shop liquidating their inventory for their expansion=my benefit.

Sorry to hear the local range is going out of business.

Not going out of business, just selling off their current inventory for when they expand their pro shop.

Best cheap golf balls ive ever played are the intech beta ti balls, 18 for $9, 50 cents a ball. I find them at my local kmart. ive recently found version of intech called the gtx, even less at $4 per dozen, going to give them a try next year. Another kmart brand is knight golf air force one balls, 24 for $10, good cheap balls as well. I dont really lose that many golf balls now but i hit any of these economy golf balls as well as anything. For a beginner or anyone short on cash, any of these balls will give decent performance for a fraction of the cost of high end balls without having to worry if you lose a few each round.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

• 2 years later...

Ran into this thread after seeing a Golfsmith ad for the Top Flite Eagle ball for $14.98 a dozen.  Wondered if they were good balls or not.  Your posts gave me some good information.

Note: This thread is 3966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!