IGNORED

what is your opinion of animal headcovers?

Note: This thread is 4840 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My Christmas gift wishlist is a little short and my wife suggested an animal driver headcover. I've always liked them, but if I have one, would that make me look like a total d-bag? I like this yellow lab (because it looks like my dog) and this polar bear (because I kinda like polar bears and polar bears = ferocious and ice cold, which is what I wish my golf game was like). If it makes a difference, I normally shoot mid 90s (in case it's one of those things where it's okay if you're good, but not okay if you're not very good).

Golf is just a game, do what makes you happy out there.

Having a little reminder of your best friend out there is pretty awesome, go for it.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

I personally don't like those animal covers. But you shouldn't worry about what other people think about it or you. As long as they are not majorly offensive or something like that, just buy and use what you like ! It's your hobby, you life, your enjoyment ! Go for it !

I like them and I don't care what other people think about it.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Cute but they seem to take up too much room - I'll pass.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

I am not a fan of animal covers...but the bear is kind of cool. In the end you will find that no one really cares and if they do they are the dbag.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

They remind me of early 1990's clothing styles (I'd say "fashion", but I've never been fashionable). Too much pointless fabric - which is totally fine for other people.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Headcovers are just one of those things where you use what you like. I really don't have an opinion one way or another about animal headcovers, just use what you like and screw those who may take issue with them. I have NY Jets headcovers and they don't always go over well here in Dolphin country.
my get up and go musta got up and went..

I have NY Jets headcovers and they don't always go over well here in Dolphin country.

Especially this year!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Roll with it... Who cares what anyone thinks about your headcovers, if you like them that's all that matters... Have fun with it

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

I have 2 dogs. One Golden mix and one shepherd mix. I got one that resembles the golden about a year ago. Then I just got one that looks like a shepherd not too long ago. I just got a 3 wood so I can now use the Shepherd cover. I think that animal headcovers is no different than anything else for a head cover. Just personal preference.

Plus I enjoy having the pet reminders out there with me while I'm golfing.

In my bag
Burner 10.5* reg
3h & 4-P S57
Wedges: 56* CCI and 60* SV Tour
DF 960

Don't worry about what others 'might think', if you like them, then get them. Then, just kill them on the golf course. I have 2 in my bag, a Disney 'Tigger' (because he's one of a kind) and a Garfield that my brother got for me on a trip. I used to have a really cool wart-hog instead of the Garfield, but he fell off some where. Here's a tip...I've since added a 'jacket-type snap closure' to them so I can snap them around the shaft and they won't work themselves off when walking.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

Offered without comment.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Hhaving an a goofy headcover in your bag doesn't make you look like a d-----bag. Asking us about it makes you look like a wimp. In other words grow a pair. No offense intended.

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

I see animal head covers like tattoos....if you are going to worry about what people are going to think / say. Don't bother getting them; it obviously doesn't mean that much to you.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

My Christmas gift wishlist is a little short and my wife suggested an animal driver headcover. I've always liked them, but if I have one, would that make me look like a total d-bag? I like

Nothing to think about here man. Buy what ever the hell you want. Period.

Alternatively, if you decide on a full set of knit headcovers, read my older thread below. Ju Ju makes very high quality headcovers and will use any colors you want to match your bag or what ever. Super cool lady too. Affordable and fast shipping (unlike most all others).... http://thesandtrap.com/forum/threads...+ju+headcovers -Dan

Note: This thread is 4840 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!