IGNORED

Will Americans wins 3 or more Majors in 2011?

birdiedream
Note: This thread is 4856 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Will Americans win 3 or more Majors in 2011?

• Yes, Dustin Johnson and Americans won't choke again
    • No, the Euros will dominate again
    • Not sure, there are too many variables

I don't think it is choking any way it falls. The rest of the world is so good now they can come from across the globe. I'd be surpised if Tiger doesn't win 1 but I expect two. I'd be surprised if any other player from the US wins one.

Brian

Americans are as likely to win all 4 as Europeans are to repeat their 2 win season.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Americans are as likely to win all 4 as Europeans are to repeat their 2 win season.

The last time americans won all 4 majors was nearly 30 years ago, in the last 3 years europeans have won 2 majors twice so no, a basic study of statistics would tell you otherwise.

The last time americans won all 4 majors was nearly 30 years ago, in the last 3 years europeans have won 2 majors twice so no, a basic study of statistics would tell you otherwise.

A sarcastic trolling thread deserves a sarcastic response.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I just backed up a statement with some decent info thats all, I just said I think there will probably be 2 american major winners next year, saying a statisticly highly improbable event occuring is the same as a relatively probable event occuring is just plain wrong, and pointing that out doesnt show any bias in any direction. If you said it vice-versa(ie europeans 4, america 2) I would have said the same thing.

I would guess Americans win 2 or 3, but if we win 2 that's not "domination" by the Euros. Not to mention you missed 5 other continents and the rest of North America. Louis Oothuizen in from Africa, after all.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

short and sweet! no, prob 50/50 europe usa

ZL Driver 10.5 Voodoo stiff shaft
F speed 3 wood stiff shaft
909 H Rescue
AP2 4-pw KBS Tour Stiff shafts
Forged 55 SV 58 SM 60 Tour action 64 Newport 1.member of www.shirlandgolfclub.co.uk

Too close to tell. Some very good players on both sides of the Atlantic these days and as mentioned above some pretty good sticks from other places in the world besides North America and Europe.

Butch

Does the Tiger Slam count as an almost?

Just being difficult.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I would guess Americans win 2 or 3, but if we win 2 that's not "domination" by the Euros. Not to mention you missed 5 other continents and the rest of North America. Louis Oothuizen in from Africa, after all.

I don't know too many golfers from Antarctica, or South America.

South Africa is a former British colony so golf is pretty big their but not in the rest of Africa. Europe, Asia and Australia all fall under the umbrella of the European tour so they're Europeans. The American's will probably win the U.S Open, a European will probably win the Open. It's a toss-up between the other two. I'm calling 3-1 to Europe.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Regardless of which tour they're calling their home tour, I think we're talking about where they're from originally when we say he's from "here" or "there".

The Antarctica part was hyperbole, but if you don't know any South American golfers let me direct you towards Camilo Villegas.

And since when do Asia, Australia, and Africa fall under Europe? if It's just because of the tour they play on, they are plenty of people from other continents who play on the PGA Tour, but that doesn't make them Americans. I think most people define people from Europe Europeans, people from America Americans, and so on.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Europe, Asia and Australia all fall under the umbrella of the European tour so they're Europeans.

I suspect that if you ask someone from Asia, Australia or South Africa if they believe they're European they would say no, regardless of what tour they play on. But maybe the question was supposed to be "how many of the 4 majors so you believe will be won by European or PGA tour professionals?".

Butch

The Antarctica part was hyperbole, but if you don't know any South American golfers let me direct you towards Camilo Villegas.

Jingoism aside, as long as there are enough Americans playing at a high enough level I have someone to root for I am happy. I do think is better when no one country very dominant. I would agree that South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, India etc are really not mainstream European countries. It is hard to see how some of the countries using the Euro really count as European. At extreme limits Greece, or any former French, German, Spanish, Russian, Italian colony, heck even the Dutch and Portugal had colonies and were among the world power elites for significant periods of time. If you define it that way it lacks meaning from my perspective.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Note: This thread is 4856 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!