IGNORED

Most Powerful Swings on Tour?

uscfan
Note: This thread is 4871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Bubba Watson and Dustin Johnson are two guys I find impressive. But really, "most powerful" is relative. Depends on the body size/type and the distance they get. Point being, a smaller guy that hits it 290 is more powerful (percentage wise) than a big guy that hits it 305.

I would say Bubba. He's a small thin guy, but look, he's in the top three for driving averages. Dustin Johnson has a very powerful swing as well, I'll never get bored of watching him tee off.
Driver: taylormade.gif R9 Superdeep TP 8.5* - Aldila RIP 70x | 3-Wood: taylormade.gif R9 TP 15* - Diamana Blueboard 83x | Hybrid: taylormade.gif Rescue TP 19* - Motore F3 95x | Irons: taylormade.gif RAC TP MB 3-PW - Dynamic Gold x100 | Wedges: taylormade.gif TP xFT 54.12* and 60.10* - Dynamic Gold s400 | Putter:  ping.gif Karsten Anser - 33"

Everyone on tour hits it 400+ yards and has a 180mph swing speed, didn´t you know?

You're confusing "tour players" with the guys who post in the "Longest Drive" threads on this forum... and 400+ is normally at 85% effort with them anyway!

• Administrator
So, the guys who hit it the shortest are the most

No, he said powerfull. Note the extra "l". Clearly that inverts the meaning of the word.

/me edits thread, though /me is tempted to delete the thread...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i would think corey pavin or paul goydos. what do you guys think?

Is this supposed to be a hilarious attempt at irony? Are we supposed to be laughing ourselves silly?

You are attempting to make fun of two highly accomplished and successful players on tour. I would love to see their assessment of your game.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Is this supposed to be a hilarious attempt at irony? Are we supposed to be laughing ourselves silly?

I'd trade whatever distance advantage I've got (not saying it's much) for a smidgen of Pavin's accuracy with the fairway woods any day.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I'd trade whatever distance advantage I've got (not saying it's much) for a smidgen of Pavin's accuracy with the fairway woods any day.

For real. His fairway wood shot on #18 in the US Open at Shinnecock might be the most clutch golf shot ever!

i would love to see your game pfppppfffff bwahahahaha tour pro with a three handicap hahaha thats a joke but no im not making fun of them or trying to be silly im saying for their size they are pretty powerful being as long as they hit it!!! ive personally seen corey paving on the range at pga west and was impressed with how consistent he was!

i would love to see your game pfppppfffff bwahahahaha tour pro with a three handicap hahaha thats a joke but no im not making fun of them or trying to be silly im saying for their size they are pretty powerful being as long as they hit it!!! ive personally seen corey paving on the range at pga west and was impressed with how consistent he was!

The Tour Pro designation on Shorty's avatar is due to his number of posts. He isn't claiming to be a tour pro.

Bubba Watson and Dustin Johnson are two guys I find impressive. But really, "most powerful" is relative. Depends on the body size/type and the distance they get. Point being, a smaller guy that hits it 290 is more powerful (percentage wise) than a big guy that hits it 305.

Yeah thats true, sergio, rory or noh have to be up there, theres nothing on those guys I remember when I seen mcilroy at adare, nothing on him, DJ on the other hand is just a monster lol

All nonsense aside, let's not confuse distance with power. Bubba Watson and Dustin Johnson are very long hitters, but their length is derived from their size allowing for a massive swing arc, coupled with outstanding mechanics. Neither looks like he is swing all too hard to manage 320-yard drives. On the other hand, one man on tour who has a greater driving average than those two, Robert Garrigus, does so with a very average physique and a swing that looks constantly on the edge of toppling over. Garrigus tries to kill the ball every time he takes his stance, and that had a lot to do with his final-hole collapse at St. Jude earlier this year.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

All nonsense aside, let's not confuse distance with power. Bubba Watson and Dustin Johnson are very long hitters, but their length is derived from their size allowing for a massive swing arc, coupled with outstanding mechanics. Neither looks like he is swing all too hard to manage 320-yard drives. On the other hand, one man on tour who has a greater driving average than those two, Robert Garrigus, does so with a very average physique and a swing that looks constantly on the edge of toppling over. Garrigus tries to kill the ball every time he takes his stance, and that had a lot to do with his final-hole collapse at St. Jude earlier this year.

I'd say someone who could chop a ball out of long rough with a long iron and still get it on the green is powerful.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Bubba Watson and J.B. Holmes have the fastest average swing speeds around 123.2mph.
Robert Garrigus, Angel Cabrera, and Dustin Johnson are up there.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I would say Bubba Watson has the most powerful swing and he is able to shape his shots with it. I played baseball with him in little leage and he was killing a baseball like he can a golf ball. He guess he chose the right sport. I wish I would have picked up golf as a kid.

What's in my bag
SQ driver 9.5 degree
VR Irons 4-AW
White Ice #1
3 hybrid pro v1

Note: This thread is 4871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!