IGNORED

White Belts

Note: This thread is 3991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Quinn07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danattherock

I find the whole white belt thing lame. Folks trying to look like the pros on TV. For that matter, I think the pros look lame wearing them. Everyone wants to hit the same driver, use the same shaft, wear the same belt, etc.. as the pros. I think it hurts their golf game and makes them look silly at the same time. The majority of us should not be trying to use the same equipment as our favorite pro, and sure as hell should not be trying to look like them. Like I said, it hurts your game and makes you look lame.

-Dan

I am not sure I follow how trying to look like a pro hurts someones game.  I understand trying to play the same equipment might hurt someones game, but the last time I checked wearing a certain type of shirt, short or belt did affect my ability.  Unless there is some sort of research that I haven't seen...I just can't agree with you there.

Just for the record, white belts exist in fashion outside of golf as well.

I'm not sure what rhyming scheme you're using here. There a so many options you've missed out on - "hoser and poser" being my favourite.

I almost bought a white belt in the fall, because I'd forgot to wear one and my shoes were white and brown. My mind wandered to the judgmental finger pointing and mocking and I opted for proactive pants adjustments and shirt re-tucking every 2 minutes, for 4 hours.  Don't want to look like a fool ya know!?!?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I am just curious why a white belt is any different from a black or brown belt? I assume that all the individuals who don't like  the white belts wear earth tones every round mixing in a little black in every once in a while.  Just curious what it is about a white belt that is so foolish?

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

I am just curious why a white belt is any different from a black or brown belt? I assume that all the individuals who don't like  the white belts wear earth tones every round mixing in a little black in every once in a while.  Just curious what it is about a white belt that is so foolish?

Anything that draws attention to a playing partners groinal area is to be discouraged.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Administrator

I plan to get one. I'm in no rush but it'd go well enough with some very light-colored shirts I've got. 33 waist still, too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm getting one soon. I like the look of them and it will go with what I wear.. 33 here

- VR Pro LTD - 9.5 Ahina X

- VR_S 3, 5 woods - Fubuki X

- VR Pro Combo - 3-Pw S300's
nike.gif - VR VRev Wedges - 52, 58 

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

Originally Posted by Danattherock

Nah, they are lame. In 5 years most of you will agree.

-Dan

Fashion goes in cycles, so yes, in 5 years they probably will look lame. You see anyone rocking real loose polos anymore like they did in the early 2000's?

I think not.

love my white Nike belt with the obnoxious swoosh in the middle. Which reminds me I really need to replace my old white Callaway shoes....maybe I'll grab some Nikes this winter sometime.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

Originally Posted by wrx_junki

I associate waistlines in excess of 34 inches being overweight and my friends who don white belts don't look good in them. I find it looks best on slimmer people like Camilo Villegas and Geoff Ogilvy. I don't dictate what you should or should not do so don't know why you guys are getting so worked up over it. I probably put on some golf outfits that you may not agree with but if I think it looks good, it won't matter.

I know many people (including myself) who have a 34" waist or higher whom are not even close to being overweight.  Mind you, most of the people I speak of are all 6'2" or taller and former DIV 1 athletes but others, ar3 35 or 36 and aren't overweight by any means.

As for the OP, I don't know why having variety is a bad thing?  A white belt is just another option than the same ole' black or brown belts that we have seen for years.  Personally, I have a huge collection of fashionable belts for golf and my every day work/casual attire and love the options.  Especially if you have the shoes to match.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Originally Posted by wrx_junki

I associate waistlines in excess of 34 inches being overweight and my friends who don white belts don't look good in them. I find it looks best on slimmer people like Camilo Villegas and Geoff Ogilvy. I don't dictate what you should or should not do so don't know why you guys are getting so worked up over it. I probably put on some golf outfits that you may not agree with but if I think it looks good, it won't matter.

I know many people (including myself) who have a 34" waist or higher whom are not even close to being overweight.  Mind you, most of the people I speak of are all 6'2" or taller and former DIV 1 athletes but others, are 35 or 36 and aren't overweight by any means.

As for the OP, I don't know why having variety is a bad thing?  A white belt is just another option than the same ole' black or brown belts that we have seen for years.  Personally, I have a huge collection of fashionable belts for golf and my every day work/casual attire and love the options.  Especially if you have the shoes to match.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Stop the insanity.

Stop it.

Okay - I don't care if your waist is a 22, a 32, a 42, a 62. You should try to match your BELT to your SHOES. Period. Thanks for comin' out. Try the veal.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Wow the waist thing has really been a big issue for the white belt forum. What started as just a simple I do not like the white belt look turned to the well this size waist and that size waist. I wear black or brown belts period. I have black shoes which I wear a black belt with. I have white with a lot of brown and a black strip that I wear a brown belt with. Very simple do not like to bring extra attention to myself because of my clothing.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I have a white belt and like the way it looks... usually will wear it when I wear my white shoes but at times I'll where my white hat, white polo, black pants, and black shoes with it.  I think it looks good... and I'm a 34-36 in waist (although I really don't think that that should have ANY bearing on the color of belt that I wear).

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

YOU CAN'T WEAR A WHITE BELT IF YOUR WAIST IS BIGGER THAN 34".....REALLY?!  Come on seriously?!  I have a 36 waist and I wear a white belt and I normally get comments from the ladies on my attire which includes a white belt.  I think a white belt can be pulled off as long as you are wearing the appropriate clothes to go with it.  These are some of the rules that I follow when dressing:

- Your belt and your shoes should match (no brainer).

- Your hat / visor should either match your shirt or your belt/shoes.

- You wear socks that match your shoes...this means no white socks with black shoes.

- Don't wear plaid shorts with a busy shirt.  I try to wear a solid color with plaid shorts.

These are just the basics...I am sure there are more I just can't think of any.

yea i'm 6'3" , 36" waist...sorry for the JL model from manhattan but i'm built. I wear the white belt, get compliments on it and think whoever wants to wear it, should. you can dress classy even if you're not a 34" or below waist....

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Originally Posted by jmanbooyaa

Wow the waist thing has really been a big issue for the white belt forum. What started as just a simple I do not like the white belt look turned to the well this size waist and that size waist. I wear black or brown belts period. I have black shoes which I wear a black belt with. I have white with a lot of brown and a black strip that I wear a brown belt with. Very simple do not like to bring extra attention to myself because of my clothing.

I think it's rather odd that you think that because you wear a white belt it's going to draw extra attention to you.  The white belt has been around a couple of years now; I think we are past the point where someone wearing a white belt is riske.  I think it's safe to say that it's been accepted across a wide range of age groups...so conform and wear one without the self conscious that you are going to draw attention to yourself.  If you are worried about that then stay away from IJP's clothing line.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

What would draw attention to yourself is to not match your belt to your shoes, idjits. If you have a 28 inch waist and are built like Rickie Fowler but you wear shoes and a belt that don't match, you're going to look like a farking loser. Period. It's not about waist size, at all. MATCHING IS MATCHING IS MATCHING IS MATCHING IS MATCHING.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

I can't remember the last time I saw someone wearing white golf shoes and thought, "he really should be wearing a white belt - what a tool".

Then again, I can't remember ever noticing what colour shoes my playing partners were wearing unless they were brand new and blindingly shiny. A black or brown belt can be worn with any golf attire, because it's golf and we're men. I don't wear a white belt with a suit, because I don't wear white shoes off the golf course, because it's not 1986.

Come on Sean roll up those suit sleeves and rock some wicker shoes. Bring the look back, and your weekend jacket can be a members only. Come to think of it I don't think I have ever seen or noticed anyone wearing a white belt golfing. Hmmm could be because I am too busy trying to make a good shot or searching for my terrible tee shot.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Originally Posted by jmanbooyaa

Come on Sean roll up those suit sleeves and rock some wicker shoes. Bring the look back, and your weekend jacket can be a members only. Come to think of it I don't think I have ever seen or noticed anyone wearing a white belt golfing. Hmmm could be because I am too busy trying to make a good shot or searching for my terrible tee shot.

Weren't you the one that doesn't wear a white belt because you didn't want to "bring extra attention to yourself"?  Why would you think others are any different and care what you are wearing?

Note: This thread is 3991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!