IGNORED

White Belts

Note: This thread is 3984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by moparman426

Are you implying that you would prefer to wear chaps and a neckerchief?

Is it a fashion faux pas if I don't wear a white belt while toting this around?

The other one.

article-1199260-039A46A00000044D-655_233x311_popup.jpg

jack-nicklaus-tom-watson-1977-british-open.jpg

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

This man wears a [i]pink[/i] belt and it hasn't stopped him from scoring! [img]http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/staying-on-course-beating-cancer-through-golf/assets_c/2011/01/GMac2011-thumb-572xauto-293569.jpg[/img]

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I wore a white belt today. Matched my white/brown shoes, the bit of white in my sweater (and polo shirt beneath), and my hat. Got it two days ago. It's an IZOD reversible, but since the edges are white I doubt I'll use the black side (plus I have a black belt already).

felt weird posing and had to resist the urge to stick out my belly (for some reason that felt natural when trying to stand on a step stool in my daughter's bathroom [hence the pink] and take a waist-high picture with the iPhone...???).

Screen shot 2011-01-06 at 6.03.55 pm.png

BTW, rolling your sweater up makes you look really really cool. Try it sometime.

Anyway, belt wasn't really visible, but I still don't have a problem with white belts. I don't think people with large midsections should wear it, but they also shouldn't wear white pants with a black belt either - contrast draws eyes, and if it's something you'd prefer to "hide" a bit don't use contrast.

P.S. tucked it a bit so nobody would get jealous.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I wear white, black, blue, green, red, purple and any kind of colour belts really. I wear whatever I like, not what others might approve of.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by iacas

I wore a white belt today. Matched my white/brown shoes, the bit of white in my sweater (and polo shirt beneath), and my hat. Got it two days ago. It's an IZOD reversible, but since the edges are white I doubt I'll use the black side (plus I have a black belt already).

Anyway, belt wasn't really visible, but I still don't have a problem with white belts. I don't think people with large midsections should wear it, but they also shouldn't wear white pants with a black belt either - contrast draws eyes, and if it's something you'd prefer to "hide" a bit don't use contrast.

Exactly right. Good luck wearing a black belt with white pants. Plus I often wear a white belt with grey pants to match a white hat/white shoes or a white shirt. And I consider myself to dress really well on the course.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Originally Posted by Danattherock

I find the whole white belt thing lame. Folks trying to look like the pros on TV. For that matter, I think the pros look lame wearing them. Everyone wants to hit the same driver, use the same shaft, wear the same belt, etc.. as the pros. I think it hurts their golf game and makes them look silly at the same time. The majority of us should not be trying to use the same equipment as our favorite pro, and sure as hell should not be trying to look like them. Like I said, it hurts your game and makes you look lame.

-Dan

Just because people wear white belts it does not mean they're trying to look like tour pros. I often wear clothing that most people look horrible in and get lots of positive remarks about. Just because someone has a great taste of fashion and looks good in stuff that most people can't wear, it doesn't mean that they're trying to look like a tour pro or stuff like that. Most people ask me whether I'm going to head to the course after school because I dress quite formally and am one of the few who doesn't wear "casual" clothes frequently. The white belt adds to the look and does not reflect a poser.

I can't believe a bunch of guys posted 79 posts on white belts!-Obviously I am out of touch.

If I had a white belt to go around my 40 inch waist I'd probably wear it and probably with the wrong shoes. I am child of the 70's though and wore some pretty wild stuff back in the day.  Hopefully none of those pics ever surface.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

• 4 months later...

Originally Posted by dbuck

I can't believe a bunch of guys posted 79 posts on white belts!

80 posts, ha ha. Just wanted to recycle an old thread. Anyone change there mind on white belts? I am still not a fan, but actually saw a chic wearing one. She didn't pull it off. ha ha

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

80 posts, ha ha. Just wanted to recycle an old thread. Anyone change there mind on white belts? I am still not a fan, but actually saw a chic wearing one. She didn't pull it off. ha ha

Yesterday was my first time wearing my white belt on the golf course. I liked it and no one commented.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I would totally wear one, but I am not good enough yet.  Although I think I dress well as a golfer, I think dressing "like the pros" requires some game.  My 24 Handicap is not "game."

I'd be happy to wear a white belt. Better that than "clown puke" trousers or red knitted tank tops you see some people wearing...

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

GMac might disagree with your 34" waist limit.      Portly golfers RULE (I rock a 42" whitey)

Originally Posted by wrx_junki

Have a white J Lindeberg belt that I wear with my JL pants and Nike shorts. Think it looks fairly good without overdoing it. I'm a pants size 30-32 and I think if you are over 34, you shouldn't really be wearing a white belt.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

461727769_o.jpg

Nice Light Blue or White J. Lindeberg Belt

White Adidas Clima Cool Shorts

White FootJoy Icon Shoes

Titleist Tour Style Visor

(Shirt Color Can Vary - Definitely Adidas Shirts Though)

Mitch Wayne

RBZ 9.5* or  910 D2 9.5* |  910F 15* Fairway Wood |  910H 19* Hybrid titleist.gif 710 CB 4-9 Irons | vokey.gif Wedges (48,52,56,60) |  California Monterey 2012 or  Studio Newport 2 |  Pro V1 Golf Ball |

Originally Posted by MitchWayne

Nice Light Blue or White J. Lindeberg Belt

My thought process:

"Ooh that looks nice, I like that a lot!"

*Googles "J. Lindeberg Belt"*

Shopping Results.

SEVENTY QUID?!?!?!

FOR A BELT?!?!?!?

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I like my white belt and get comments both ways on it. O well, I can't worry about what people think, I have a game to think about!

golf pct.JPG

Don't worry about the guy in the ripped jeans, he didn't play. THE BRIGHTER THE BETTER!

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated

Note: This thread is 3984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!