IGNORED

Paint Fills

dhanson
Note: This thread is 3679 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would like to see the whole cavity back of your Mizunos painted up ... something dramatic...mirrored black chrome...

Not that I would try to do something like that - I suck at painting unless I can use a roller or a sprayer.

How well does the paint adhere - will it need to be done after a season?

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you use to fill them? I'm sorry if this was already addressed. I just joined the site a few minutes ago and I'm trolling around if you will! I bough a set of Titleist 910 CB's last fall, and after being on vacation for a month, the paint is falling out of all the numbers on the sole. Not a big deal, just enough to bug me. I would love to get some fresh paint on them. Anyone know a good way to keep the paint in there for good?

titleist.gif 910 D2 10.5 -- Diamana A'hina X
titleist.gif 909 F3 15.0 --  Matrix Ozik X-Con
titleist.gif 910 CB 4-PW -- Project X 6.0
cleveland.gif CG10 52, 56, 60.
cameron.gif   Studio Design 1.0   titleist.gif Pro V1    c2_beer.gif It's a Wisconsin thing.

Sole paint is tough... with all the friction between club and ground on shots, especially from mats at the range.  Most of the good paintfill examples I have seen are on putters, and backs of irons.  Maybe try to paint the soles and then cover with a clear coat of some sort to help protect it?  Not sure.

Use toothpicks for application....

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

Originally Posted by Old1964

I would like to see the whole cavity back of your Mizunos painted up ... something dramatic...mirrored black chrome...

Not that I would try to do something like that - I suck at painting unless I can use a roller or a sprayer.

How well does the paint adhere - will it need to be done after a season?

Who are you speaking to?

Paint on the back is good for a season, on the sole, around ten rounds I'd say.

sunmountain.gif C-130 Cart Bag: titleist.gif 910D2 10.5Deg   taylormade.gif R9 15Deg, Burner Superfast 5W/7W   mizuno.gif MP-57 5-PW
scratch.gif 54*ds, 58*ds    cameron.gif Red X2    callaway.gifTour iZ

Yeah I was surprised to see how quick the paint rubbed out in a brand new set. I guess if I was really that into it I would just have to continually re-paint them every dozen rounds or so. So I think I'm going to get all the black paint out and just leave them chrome, I think that would look sexy.

cameron.gif   Studio Design 1.0   titleist.gif Pro V1    c2_beer.gif It's a Wisconsin thing.

I happened to start reading this thread, and decided to give it a try.  I ran up to Michaels ( I was the only man in the store) and bought a few things.  I ended up doing my wedges, putter, and filling in the numbers on my irons.

Any Hawk fans out there?

Cameron 1 refill.JPG

The putter is dirty around the bottom edges here, and I can't get to it.  Any ideas how to clean it up a bit?  I also made my sight line black.  The white ends up turning brown after a while anyway it seems.

Cameron refill.JPG

Vokeys.JPG

Nice job Tarantula. I like the yellow, it really pops!

sunmountain.gif C-130 Cart Bag: titleist.gif 910D2 10.5Deg   taylormade.gif R9 15Deg, Burner Superfast 5W/7W   mizuno.gif MP-57 5-PW
scratch.gif 54*ds, 58*ds    cameron.gif Red X2    callaway.gifTour iZ

Sorry man. Bucky all the way! Like what you did though, everything loooks really good.

Originally Posted by tarantula18t

I happened to start reading this thread, and decided to give it a try.  I ran up to Michaels ( I was the only man in the store) and bought a few things.  I ended up doing my wedges, putter, and filling in the numbers on my irons.

Any Hawk fans out there?

Originally Posted by TheOne

Just did this today. It's my first attempt at paintfill. What do you think?

That looks AWESOME! Good job dude!

Those red, yellow, and blue Vokey's look great. So do the yellow and black Vokeys and the Scotty!

I have a queastion...

What way did you find best when removing the old paint? I tried the nail polish on the q-tip, then dab it on and let it sit, but I found it difficult to get the paint off. I had to use a razor to scratch it off. Is there an easier way where it'll just come right off?

In the bag

titleist.gif 910 D2 8.5° | titleist.gif 909F2 15.5° titleist.gif 909H 21° |
titleist.gif  710 CB 3i-5i, 710 MB 6i-9i |  vokey.gif 48°  54°  60°
  Newport 2   |    Z Star or  Pro V1 |

bushnell.gif V2 Tour Rangefinder |

Just did a simple fill on my cayman brac, didn't really like the stock blue, and this matches the grey/blk lamkin 3gen.

rife

rife

I did this a while back but it needs to be redone. still thinking how i want to do it but this one is on the shelf right now so no rush.

scotty

scotty

titleist.gif 910 D2 10.5 ProLaunch Blue S 55

:callaway: X2 Hot 3W  |  X Hot Pro 16H  |  X2 Hot 19H

:callaway: Apex 4-PW Project X 5.0 Flighted   

vokey.gif SM4 50.12, SM5 55.11
:cameron: Del Mar  |  titleist.gif NXT Tour S  

Originally Posted by bourland27

Those red, yellow, and blue Vokey's look great. So do the yellow and black Vokeys and the Scotty!

I have a queastion...

What way did you find best when removing the old paint? I tried the nail polish on the q-tip, then dab it on and let it sit, but I found it difficult to get the paint off. I had to use a razor to scratch it off. Is there an easier way where it'll just come right off?

I used a screw and a thumbtack to remove the old paint. I used the screw to get the paint out of the larger areas (Spin Milled saw, loft number on the sole, the "BV", and the Vokey wings), and then used the thumbtack to clean up those areas and to work on the lettering. I wrapped masking tape around the screw to make some sort of a grip. I found that using acetone to try and take of the old paint was ineffective. To me, scratching it out with a screw/thumbtack was the most effective.

Yeah, I've started to just stick to my razorblade to get it out. It's killin' my fingers though. I'll try the thumbtack, thanks!

In the bag

titleist.gif 910 D2 8.5° | titleist.gif 909F2 15.5° titleist.gif 909H 21° |
titleist.gif  710 CB 3i-5i, 710 MB 6i-9i |  vokey.gif 48°  54°  60°
  Newport 2   |    Z Star or  Pro V1 |

bushnell.gif V2 Tour Rangefinder |

With the thumbtack, I used a screwdriver as well. I have one of the screwdrivers where you can change the tip, so I got my thumbtack, wrapped the handle with a bit of masking tape, and jammed it into the screwdriver. It's easier to use than just having the thumbtack.

i dont think acetone is strong enough. i use lacquer thinner and a tooth brush, comes off pretty easy. then if there is any, scrape the hard to reach places with an x-acto knife and the paint is off within a few minutes.

titleist.gif 910 D2 10.5 ProLaunch Blue S 55

:callaway: X2 Hot 3W  |  X Hot Pro 16H  |  X2 Hot 19H

:callaway: Apex 4-PW Project X 5.0 Flighted   

vokey.gif SM4 50.12, SM5 55.11
:cameron: Del Mar  |  titleist.gif NXT Tour S  

I used nail polish remover and it took of most of paint very easy. Then I just used an exacto knife for the edges.

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

PaintfillFaceSoleCut.jpg

I'm thinking about changing it up next week.  Spring Break, a week off, gonna play some golf, not travelling... color suggestions? The Black Oxide finish is still looking good... better than this pic, especially at address.  The finish on the toe is indeed worn a bit as seen in the picture.  Damn Cameron Headcovers I guess.....

By the way, I didn't remove a single speck of the old paint, just went right over it.  The red covered well, the yellow took a few coats.  Lesson learned with yellow or lighter colors.

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

Note: This thread is 3679 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!