IGNORED

Golf courses near San Jose, CA?

Note: This thread is 4846 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm looking for some recommendations on a nice course to play in the San Jose area? I've played Half moon Bay and liked them both, but I'm looking for something. Close in or around San Jose....Thank

lots of good courses down that way!

27 holes at Cinnabar Hills in San Jose

San Jose muni is a lot of fun, can be a real challenge when the wind picks up.

San Juan Oaks in Hollister isn't too far, Fred Couples had a hand in designing this one

Ridgemark in Hollister

Shoreline in Mountain View - can get pretty muddy this time of year

Summitpointe in Milpitas - lots of hills

36 holes at Sunol Valley in Sunol

Sunnyvale GC in Sunnyvale - kind of a short muni

Eagle Ridge in Gilroy

Coyote Creek in San Jose also has 36 holes designed by Jack Nicklaus

Santa Clara in Santa Clara

I know there's a couple more but they aren't coming to mind right now

oh wait, Santa Teresa in San Jose

and if you want to head over the hill into the Santa Cruz area, there are a few more over that way.

Steve

• Administrator

As more people add courses to the list (and towards the end of the month we'll see a LOT of added courses with the GolfNow.com data), you can simply go here and zoom in on an area to find existing courses:

http://thesandtrap.com/products/category/california

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

San Juan Oaks in Hollister as mentioned above is an outstanding course and not too far from San Jose. I highly recommend this course. It's tough but very good. Otherwise you absolutely must play Pasatiempo in nearby Santa Cruz. It's a private course that allows the public to play. It's pricey these days but one of the great courses in the US. It was designed by Alistair McKenzie and he lived on the course. Fantastic golf course that was recently restored by Tom Doak. It's the best course in the area next to Pebble Beach and Cypress Point and possibly Spyglass Hill.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Cinnabar is a great course to play in South San Jose, they have weekday deals right now for $49. Extremely cheap compared to normal cost.

I would also suggest Eagleridge GC, Golfnow.com has their green fees at almost 50% as of late.

Very challenging course, The Ranch.

Originally Posted by Splifton

Cinnabar Hills is supposed to be really spectacular.  It has been highly recommended by my clients who come from the midwest every year.

http://cinnabarhills.com/

If you enjoy rattlesnakes, it's about as spectacular as they come!

What's in my TaylorMade stand bag:
taylormade.gifSuperfast TP 10.5° Matrix HD6 graphite stiff shaft
nike.gifSasQuatch 2 Steel #3 Wood: 15° Diamana SasQuatch Graphite
cobra.gifBaffler DWS Hybrid Utility Woods: 3/R 20°
cobra.gifS2 Forged irons 4-PW stiff flex steel shaftcleveland.gifCG15 satin chrome 48° gap wedge 8 bouncemizuno.gifMP T Series chrome 53° sand...cleveland.gifnike.gifbridgestone.giftaylormade.gif

Note: This thread is 4846 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!