IGNORED

Driver Shaft?

Note: This thread is 4855 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I currently have a taylormade r9 460, but i need something with a stiffer shaft. I know the r9 has a "for taylormade" shaft. Does anyone know if the supertri has a "for taylormade" shaft or the real thing? Or am i better of getting the tp with a better shaft? Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Bag: Callaway Org 14 Extreme Cart Bag
Driver: Taylormade R9 460 10.5
Woods: Nike SQ 3 Wood
Hybrids: Walter Hagen AWS 3 Hybrid
Irons: Callaway Diablo Edge 4-AWWedges:Wedges: Cleveland CG12 56 and 60Putter: Nike Method 001:Ball: Bridgestone Tour B33-RX and Nike One Vapor

The supertri shaft is also the "for taylormade shaft" and is whippier and spinnier than the 460 shaft. I had the stock supertri and the shaft was garbage, so I upgraded it to the TP shaft (Fubuki) and it is a world of difference. The shaft is stiffer, spins less, launches lower, is more controllable and feels much smoother. If you are going to get and R9 and swing over 100mph than getting the TP version is a must.

Driver: taylormade.gif R9 Superdeep TP 8.5* - Aldila RIP 70x | 3-Wood: taylormade.gif R9 TP 15* - Diamana Blueboard 83x | Hybrid: taylormade.gif Rescue TP 19* - Motore F3 95x | Irons: taylormade.gif RAC TP MB 3-PW - Dynamic Gold x100 | Wedges: taylormade.gif TP xFT 54.12* and 60.10* - Dynamic Gold s400 | Putter:  ping.gif Karsten Anser - 33"

Originally Posted by hartattack52

I currently have a taylormade r9 460, but i need something with a stiffer shaft. I know the r9 has a "for taylormade" shaft. Does anyone know if the supertri has a "for taylormade" shaft or the real thing? Or am i better of getting the tp with a better shaft? Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

When you buy Taylormade driver, all you get is the stock shaft made by Taylormade even the TP version.    You can re-shaft your Driver at Custom Fitting Pro Shop with a Stiff shaft.  You will need a new Adaptor for your new shaft for an extra $20 (the red thing on the hosel).

Note that stock shaft on R9 is Fujikura Motore F1  Taylormade version.  You might wanna buy the Stiff flex for Fujikura Motore F1 shaft (the real thing).

Whats in my Golf Bag:
Driver: Nike Sumo 5000
5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001
Iron: Mizuno MX-950 5-PW
Wedge: Cobra FP 60 degrePutter: Odyssey 2-BallBall: Yellow balls

Thanks for the help

Irons: Callaway Diablo Edge 4-AWWedges:Wedges: Cleveland CG12 56 and 60Putter: Nike Method 001:Ball: Bridgestone Tour B33-RX and Nike One Vapor

I second that. The stock shaft in my R9 could be used to cane simba at the Big Top, its so whippy.

A stiffer shaft is needed even for an average speed golfer.

I know, it is horrible. I hit with the nike machspeed black with the stiff fubuki shaft today. I got much better numbers on the launch monitor than with my r9. The guy at dicks said it is the real fubuki shaft. Im deciding if i should get the nike or reshaft my r9.

Note: This thread is 4855 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!