IGNORED

Free Taylormade Burner 2.0 6 iron

Note: This thread is 4784 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by xxsoultonesxx

27* head on the Burner 2.0 vs. 31* on my Bridgestones 6-iron. And with a noticeably softer "stiff" shaft. I'm definitely going to see distance gains.

Yep, that is 1 full club difference in loft alone, not even factoring in the shaft stiffness, and last but not least length...

Oh the joys of marketing... I feel sorry for people who don't pay attention to this stuff and really believe they magically gained 12-15 yards.

Originally Posted by natp0wers

Yep, that is 1 full club difference in loft alone, not even factoring in the shaft stiffness, and last but not least length...

Oh the joys of marketing... I feel sorry for people who don't pay attention to this stuff and really believe they magically gained 12-15 yards.

I would of been one of those if I didn't see this. must admit though, it's smart from tm to do this. give away some free irons and probably get 1000 people to switch over to the burner irons thinking they get more yardage gains

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by natp0wers

Yep.  One of my best friends falls for this.  He's otherwise very intelligent, and is already a long hitter (fully legit, without stepping on it, hits his 8-iron 160.  It's a TM Burner 8-iron, but still, that would be a good 7-iron distance too).  He told me two weeks ago that I should consider irons with stronger lofts to gain distance.  I know he means well.

Of course, this doesn't stop me from signing up for TaylorMade's promotions when they happen.  Of course, this year, Mizuno owners are eligible!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yep. I also feel bad for them because it causes a huge gap between their PW and other wedges, not to mention they will most likely have two higher clubs (say a burner 4i and a 3 hybrid) that are the exact same loft... Almost every casual player i run into with stronger lofted irons like the burners is falling victim to this smoke and mirrors marketing.

Originally Posted by Shindig

Yep.  One of my best friends falls for this.  He's otherwise very intelligent, and is already a long hitter (fully legit, without stepping on it, hits his 8-iron 160.  It's a TM Burner 8-iron, but still, that would be a good 7-iron distance too).  He told me two weeks ago that I should consider irons with stronger lofts to gain distance.  I know he means well.

Of course, this doesn't stop me from signing up for TaylorMade's promotions when they happen.  Of course, this year, Mizuno owners are eligible!

Originally Posted by golf4fun12

I would of been one of those if I didn't see this. must admit though, it's smart from tm to do this. give away some free irons and probably get 1000 people to switch over to the burner irons thinking they get more yardage gains

I got mine yesterday! I've signed up two or three times with no luck, so i was surprised to see it at the door. TM also threw in two Burner Tour balls.

The TM 2.0 6 iron passes the eye test compared to my Ping G10 xg irons.

In the bag:

Driver - Taylormade '07 Burner 10.5* 

3W & 4h Top Flite XL

Irons - Ping G10 XG black dot 5-9 PW, SW

Wedges - Titleist Spin Milled Vokey 58*

Putter - Ping Karsten Anser 2 33''

Originally Posted by Roy Munson

I got mine yesterday! I've signed up two or three times with no luck, so i was surprised to see it at the door. TM also threw in two Burner Tour balls.

The TM 2.0 6 iron passes the eye test compared to my Ping G10 xg irons.

I didn't get any free balls. TM needs to quit being so damn cheap!

How long did it take everyone to get the email stating they won or didnt win?!

Driver: Callaway FT-iZ 10*  I  2 Hybrid: Nike VR  I  3&4 Hybrid: Nike Sumo SQ  I  Irons: Ping G10 5-PW, LW,  I  52* & 62*: GigaGolf SGS  I  Putter: Cleveland BRZ #2  I  White things I chase: Srixon AD333

Originally Posted by Sliceapotomus

How long did it take everyone to get the email stating they won or didnt win?!

I tried for it Jan, Feb, and March all on the first day of the month. I got an email saying I won on 3/16/11 and the 6 iron arrived at my house on 3/18/11.

In the bag:

Driver - Taylormade '07 Burner 10.5* 

3W & 4h Top Flite XL

Irons - Ping G10 XG black dot 5-9 PW, SW

Wedges - Titleist Spin Milled Vokey 58*

Putter - Ping Karsten Anser 2 33''

Originally Posted by Roy Munson

I tried for it Jan, Feb, and March all on the first day of the month. I got an email saying I won on 3/16/11 and the 6 iron arrived at my house on 3/18/11.

Awesome... thanks so much.

Driver: Callaway FT-iZ 10*  I  2 Hybrid: Nike VR  I  3&4 Hybrid: Nike Sumo SQ  I  Irons: Ping G10 5-PW, LW,  I  52* & 62*: GigaGolf SGS  I  Putter: Cleveland BRZ #2  I  White things I chase: Srixon AD333

Got back from vacation on Sunday and the 6 iron was outside my front door.  agree-looks like plastic and the shaft feels whippy.  Will try it out on the range this week.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Note: This thread is 4784 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!