IGNORED

1st round of 2011

Ash1974
Note: This thread is 4823 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well I played my 1st round of 2011 on Sunday, in fact I had not played for last 8 weeks of 2010 due to snow here in UK.

2nd time out with the MP52s as well and I shot an 88, which matches my low round of the year (been a stop and start one with injury and freak weather interruptions) so was well chuffed

44 (36) front and 44 (34) back so nice and consistent, was on for breaking my lowest score on this course (86 on Par 70) but I had a plugged greenside bunker shot (half berried up against face) after a bad bounce off the green on the 15th Par 3 and took a 6 which was a shame, but still great to play to your handicap after such a stop and start 2010

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

Nice round...my first of the year was on the 3rd...shot 83 (par 72 71.3 course rating 122 slope) which is right at my handicap as well...would have been a good round if I hadnt had 2 tripple bogies and 1 double...gotta eliminate the big numbers if I want 70s for 2011...luckily I birdied # 2, 17, and 18 or my score wouldnt have been half decent. Wasnt much for me to talk about out there as I got paired with 3 Japanese guys haha.

sunmountain.gifC-130 Bag
taylormade.gifSuperfast TP 8.5 Fubuki 73x Stiff 45"
ping.gifG15 4W 17.0 X-Stiff ping.gifS-56 3-PW Project X 6.5 ping.gifTour S 52, 56, 60 S300
cameron.gifStudio Select Newport 2.0 34"
bushnell.gifTour V2

Still waiting out the snow that dropped last week.

It's almost gone but the temps are gonna be quite cold for the foreseeable future unfortunately. Possibly in a few weeks. I'm itching to just get to a range, forget about a course.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

I live in fl and was supposed to play on new years but was to hungover and still havent gotten out for my first round. Im so mad that I havent touched the course yet and prob wont until thursday

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My first round of the year was new years day and it played out just like my last round of 2010 the day before. A good 9 and a 9 that I would rather forget.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

My first round was on the first:

We play the same game every year.  We build a kitty during the year and you pay in every time you shoot twice your handicap (everyone is an 8 or lower).  On new years we get together and play 18 holes of stroke play with no handicaps to determine the winner.

Started the year with a big win!

i played new years day.... got new r9 irons for christmas and couldn't play for a week when i got, so i was itching to get out there.  First 9 was me just getting used to irons shot 43, went to the next 9 and shot a even par 36 on it... just took a little to get used to the new irons, im very pleased with them though.

I played on the 2nd day of the new year at the course that i last played 3 years ago.

This is the 2nd time i play here and i was playing with my backup set. The last time i play with my back up set was in early july last year.

Shot 84 or 12 over for the day , I blown one pat 5 with a 9 ! .

Was struggling with the Driver and the irons at the front 9 . My driver cant find the fairway and my irons came up shot due to the gust.

Chipping and putting were in check.

Overall , still happy with the result although not able to shot close to my handicap.

note ; The Course Rating is about the same as my home course @ 71.4 / 126

What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Originally Posted by CassinoNorth

Still waiting out the snow that dropped last week.

It's almost gone but the temps are gonna be quite cold for the foreseeable future unfortunately. Possibly in a few weeks. I'm itching to just get to a range, forget about a course.

freakin winter....i hate winter.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Played 3 holes last Sunday, too wet conditions to continiue for me at least, found my swing on the 3rd with a 3-wood bomb that split the fairway. Ahh the feeling.....

In my bag:Driver: 910D2, 10.25˚, Aldila RIP, Fairway: 904F, 15˚, YS-6FW+ Stiff, Hybrid: Titleist 910H, Irons: S-58, 4-PW, DG S300, Wedges: Wishon 52˚, 56˚, Putter: Odyssey Black series i 1

Glad that i am not the only one held up by the weather then. Lets hope for a long summer.

First I would like to say that I hate all of you that are able to still play.  I am stuck inside until at least April and that's even pushing it.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

I played on the first, second, and third lol. I dont think I am going to play another 100 rounds this year like I did last year. I plan on spending more time at the range so I can drop my index into the 5's.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Well looks like I will be playing my 2nd round of 2011 tomorrow @ 8.10am

Playing with my mate in a Foursomes match, so looking forward to alternate shots with him as he is an 8 HC

Since all courses on the lower peninsula were closed on 1/1 thanks to snowmageddon on 12/26, I drove up to Glenwood GC in Richmond (a course I've never seen before) and shot 74 with only one birdie, made a ton of up and downs.  I thought the temperature was going to be mid 50s so I just wore a golf shirt and windbreaker (it never got above 45 - nearly froze to death).  Got rained out on 1/2, then played in the blitz on 1/9 (riding with a guy with a cart cover and propane heater) - shot 80 after parring the first five holes.  I got bored on Sunday 1/10 and decided to head to Woodlands (where it's $10 to walk 18 holes after 12pm in the winter) - temp never got above 35, wind chills were probably in the teens, wore long johns, a heavy wool sweater, and windbreaker.  I walked the course in about 2 1/2 hours and only played through one group.  I shot 71 with four birdies.  I think I play better when I expose myself to the elements rather than ride in a covered cart - I don't get that.

Happy to say I have yet to shoot in the 80s this year. Be nice if that continued! 75, 79, 77, 74.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

I had a pretty good lay-off from golf leading up to Xmas too and hadn't had a swing for almost 6 weeks. i got out last week and played a course I have played once before.

Went out in 50 (not so good) and back in 44 (not bad for me) to play a stroke worse than my H/Cap. Lots of promising signs on the back 9 and will hopefully get out of the office early today for a sneaky 9. Hopefully I can continue to improve this year. I managed to drop 8 strokes last year so gettin down to 18 or lower is this years goal.

Note: This thread is 4823 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!