IGNORED

Golf Channel Morning Drive

iacas
Note: This thread is 2959 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

16 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Morning Drive?

• Love It
    • Hate It
    • Don't/Won't Watch

I got around to watching a little the other day. Not impressed with either of the host. The premise of the show is fine, just need better hosts. Now with Peter Kessler, I would watch. But........that will never happen.

I'll stick with Mike and Mike.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

I like the Golf Channel. Haven't seen the "Morning Drive" yet other than the promotions.

Cleveland Hibore XLS Driver: Nike Ignite2 Irons: Adams SW and LW: Odyssey White Hot Mallet: Bridgestone e6 and TreoSoft Balls etc...

I don't love the show, but do like it.  Something new & different, they'll find what works eventually.  Recapping the weekend tourney and guests have been good.  I could see watching 30min or so in the morning, 2 hours of it would probably get old.

G15 9* w/Aldila Serrano 63S
FT 4 wood w/ Aldila NVS 75S
i15 20* hybrid w/UST Mamiya Avix Core Tour Red 84S
4-PW MP-57 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 (+0.5")
52, 56 and 60 degree MP-10 Satin w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge FlexStudio Stock #4, BB25, Fastback 1.5 or Backstryke Blade..... @ 34"P...

Wow... I haven't seen it until just now and based on the 5 minutes it's been on I doubt I'd watch it again.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith

I really do not get the golf channel.  Golf  has sooo many aspects to it ---> courses in north america and around the world, instruction, the "tours," PGA professionals trying to "make it," equipment, the state of the game and the economy, the business of golf brand manufactureres, the history of those manufactueres, the history of old players and their stories.....etc etc etc etc etc.

How can a channel like golf channel lack programming when the game golf has all of these wonderful stories that can be told?

A 60 minutes or discovery channel "type" of story telling would be an amazing format / production for the golf channel.

Couldn't agree with you more.

The other glaring issue is that they can't/won't hold onto their best talent, so we are left to deal with the Rich Learners and Jim Grays of the world.

Peter Kessler--fired/let go

Vince Cellini--won't pay him what he's worth

Scott Van Pelt--leaves for ESPN

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

• 2 months later...

I've watched a couple of episodes, and I really, really think they screwed up with the hosts. I find those guys incredibly boring. I think they should have hired younger guys who were more charismatic and compelling to watch. I actually found Alex Micelli to be great on The Approach and was sad to see that show leave the air (I know he's not younger, as I mentioned, but at least he's interesting to watch). Sorry Golf Channel, but these guys are serious duds. The the set is seriously lame.

I don't think it is terrific but I also don't think it is terrible. I do however find Erik Kuselias very annoying. He comes off as a jackass and a prick, but I don't think he means to jut think he is funny and right in whatever he says. Imo of course since I don't actually know the guy. Was not a fan when he would stand in for Golic on Mike and Mike. Holly Saunders is good looking.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

holly is very hot. and I do tune in for a few to see what she has to say. but, I am a huge mike and mike fan. I watch mike and mike about 95% of the time over morning drive. it's just more fun.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

SHTI CAN THIS SHOW NOW .ERIC NEEDS TO GO BACK AS A FILLIN FOR MIKE AND MIKE SHOW ,AND HOPE MIKE OR MIKE NEVER TAKE A DAYOFF.GARY WILLIAMS JUST PLAIN SUCKS.WHAT A SELF CENTERED IDIOT WHO THE HELL CARES WHAT HE THINKS. EVERYOTHER WORD OUT OF HIS MOUTH IS ABSOLUTELY.GO BACK TO WORKING FOR SOME SMALL TIME GOLF COURSE .MIKE AND MIKE IS MY FIRST TO WATCH THEN DAN PATRICK SHOW.

TEBITT

Ive only watched it a few times and its OK.  It seems like they just need to find hosts who are a little more entertaining.  Part of what makes Mike and Mike entertaining is when they argue with each other.

I think some of you expect too much from the Golf Channel.  Its difficult to have a network that is devoted solely to golf that has great, entertaining programming.  Not that GC couldnt be better but Id like to see some of you run Golf Channel and do better.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Since it has been on a while, does anyone have an opinion?  I hated it at first but now it is growing on me.  Still can't stand EK but Gary Williams seems like a nice enough golf dweeb.  They put a lot of effort into the show but if they would just simulcast Peter Kessler, their ratings would skyrocket.  My favorite part is they get a lot of great guests.  Would be nice if they would do a 2nd 2 hour show for the west coast and engage live social media more with Twitter, Facebook, calls etc.

I've never seen anything but the ads for the show.  Don't watch, don't plan on watching.  Don't know who Mike and Mike are either, so.....

What sports I do watch (and that is limited), I want to see the game, not hear some self styled experts tell me what I was supposed to see.  From my point of view, all sports talk shows are boring.

This time of year I'll occasionally watch SportsCenter or Baseball Tonight to get the wrap up on the day's baseball games.  Basketball and hockey don't interest me, nor do college sports in general, and that seems to be what all the talking heads want to spend much of their time on.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Don't watch. Gave it a try for a couple days to see if I could get into it, but Mike and Mike are much better and like others, I get the impression that Morning Drive is trying way too hard to copy Mike and Mike.

I liked the Golf Channel when they showed GOLF. Get back to showing Shell's Wonderful World of Golf, Playing Lessons from the Pros, etc. Stuff like that is what I expect when I watch the Golf Channel. I can understand that their numbers are probably down and they're doing all they can to get them back up, but shows like the Morning Drive aren't the answer. I feel like I'm watching a re-run of MTV sometimes when MTV decided they'd show basically anything BUT Music Videos.

Guess I am in the minority, but I like it.  I would rather watch the morning drive than the same 30 minute Golf Central rerun from last night.  I don't mind them talking about some other sports, they keep it pretty much limited to golf.  I'm not looking for some huge entertainment side or information side, I just like hearing people talk about golf, so I'm fine with the show.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Never watched it. Don;t have time in the mornings...my snooze button gets all the attention

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Note: This thread is 2959 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!