IGNORED

What do you prefer, a blade, mallet or other style of putter?

Radford Wooly
Note: This thread is 4148 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What do you prefer, a blade, a mallet or other kind of putter?

• Blade
    • Mallet
    • Other

I myself use an Odyssey White Hot XG 330 Mallet and Love it!! Has great feel !!

Cleveland Hibore XLS Driver: Nike Ignite2 Irons: Adams SW and LW: Odyssey White Hot Mallet: Bridgestone e6 and TreoSoft Balls etc...

I play a Ping In Anser V2 blade style putter.  I've only played with a blade and like how it feels compared to the mallet style putters I have tried at the golf stores.  I like the weight and the look of a blade over the bulky looking mallet.

R11 10* | cobra.gif Baffler TWS 20*

titleist.gif AP2 4-PW |vokey.gif 52*, 56* and nike.gif60* SV Tour |  Scotty Cameron Newport 2 TOUR ONLY | ping.gif Hoofer | titleist.gif NXT Tour

Blade all the way. I contemplated buying a mallet but I just cant stand the massive look of them.

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Blade for me.  I've had a couple mallets and I really didn't care for them.  I seem to putt better with a blade.  Currently I have a Tiger Shark Great White, Yes! Carolyne and Yes! Sophia.  The Sophia is in my bag and my current favourite.

Brad

Blade most of the time.  My Circa 62 No.1 is in the bag 85% of the time, Srixon P-514 (T-shaped blade) about 14% of the time, and occasionally a PING Craz-E fills out the remaining 1%.  The Craz-E is a big 'ol mallet, and I putt pretty well with it, especially on shorter putts.  Long distance control is just better with a blade for me.

Mallet designs seem to fit my stroke better than blades. I prefer mid to small ones in order not to give up too much touch.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

I voted mallet because I've been using an Odyssee White hot marxman XG mallet for the past two years and like it. However, I've been tempted to get a blade recently.

I've tried other styles, but go back to blade Anser style putters.  It fits my putting stance and alignment the best, which I think is the most important factor.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I hate mallets. Especially ones with inserts. I had one, and hated it so much, that I snapped it and threw it in a lake. No regrets, in fact, I laughed afterwards. The satisfaction of throwing that piece of garbage in to the hazard was immense. I now use a Ping Zing that is like 20 years old. Putts soooo much better than that new wave insert crap.

I'll be getting a Ping Anser sometime before the season starts, something that feels and putts the same but doesn't look so...well...ancient.

Driver: taylormade.gif R9 Superdeep TP 8.5* - Aldila RIP 70x | 3-Wood: taylormade.gif R9 TP 15* - Diamana Blueboard 83x | Hybrid: taylormade.gif Rescue TP 19* - Motore F3 95x | Irons: taylormade.gif RAC TP MB 3-PW - Dynamic Gold x100 | Wedges: taylormade.gif TP xFT 54.12* and 60.10* - Dynamic Gold s400 | Putter:  ping.gif Karsten Anser - 33"

i have always preferred blades, but at the moment i am using the Yes Marylin. it is more of a "smaller" version of a mallet and I seem to have settle with it quite well. Although i do love the look of the Del Mar's :)

The schoolteacher was taking her first golfing lesson. "Is the word spelt p-u-t or p-u-t-t?" she asked the instructor. "P-u-t-t is correct," he replied. "Put means to place a thing where you want it. Putt means merely a vain attempt to do the same thing."

too old to chamge

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

I've used varying styles of blades for years but recently switched to a mallet (TM Rossa Corza Ghost) and am really liking it.  I'm getting my lags closer to the hole and my putting lines are more accurate.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spider all the way for me, I've tried them all (Ithink) and it has to be the Mallet.

Driver: Taylormade R9
3 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
5 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
7 Wood: Cobra S 9-1

Irons: Taylormade r7 Custom Fit (SW-4)

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza Spyder

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x

I actually had to select "Other" because my preference falls with the mid mallet.  absolutly love how they feel.  Nike EverClear E22s are really nice, along with Odyssey White Hot Rossie

A four foot putt to win never gets any less terrifying.
-David Feherty

If I ever get happy with myself for finishing 12th or 15th, someone needs to put my clubs away and I'll take up tiddlywinks.
-Ian Poulter

Originally Posted by Varsity_Golf

I actually had to select "Other" because my preference falls with the mid mallet.  absolutly love how they feel.  Nike EverClear E22s are really nice, along with Odyssey White Hot Rossie

Same here. A mid mallet suits my stroke. I like to use a blade (a real blade - not the wannabe blades most guys are using - something like an 8802 or George Lowe Sportsman) but the results with a White Hot #7 are too good to ingnore.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I've tried everything in the golf stores & always come back to the center shafted putters.     Just like the sight line & feel at contact gives more feedback.     The Ping 67 works for me ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Note: This thread is 4148 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!