IGNORED

Worst Club in your bag?

bkoguy07
Note: This thread is 4803 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 months ago was my putter until i work really hard to improve it.

now is my 3 wood from the fairway and my 5H.

What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

I need to go see a psychiatrist about my 4 iron, of all the stupid things, complete mental block.  I have a 2 iron bumped to 14 deg. I torch it up the middle with a draw all the time 230 yards, 3 iron no problem, 5 iron no problem give me the 4 iron and i might as well try to hit it with my eyes closed, I'd get better results.  I need a shrink

5-iron. My irons get progressively better from 5-i to PW. My 4-hybrid is in decent shape and I'm hitting almost 50% of fairways with my driver. My 5-i is the only club that scares me to pull out of my bag right now. That said, I still have a 3-h and a 3-wood to throw into the mix that I haven't played with yet.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

last year it was my 2 iron. it used to be my absolute go to club in years past. my swing has been changing for the better and i guess it just doesnt work as well anymore cause of it. its now a mental thing with the 2 iron too. gonna leave it out of the bag for a while and then go back to it.

I'd say my 5 Iron. Really it's all my long irons(4-6). I really struggle to hit greens with these clubs and not being a long hitter, most of the time I am left with one of them in my hand on most average length Par 4's and Par 5's unless I decide to whale away at it on my 2nd shot.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

My worst club in the bag right now is the 906f4... When I get a hold of it, it goes very far. But too bad I keep topping it. I also stink it up with the putter, but hey, who doesn't?

"drive for show, putt for dough"

4 wood...tee or fairway...I struggle with it ( usually a low hook )....will be focusing on it before the 2011 season starts here in Calgary...April...hopefully

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

3-wood.  I dont hit it very well.  Hit it off of a tee I tend to hit a big hook with it and off of the deck I usually skull the ball.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by Kieran123

4 wood...tee or fairway...I struggle with it ( usually a low hook )....will be focusing on it before the 2011 season starts here in Calgary...April...hopefully

Add choking down on it and using a more upright swing to your list of things to try. That's what I'm going to try with a 2-hybrid that gives me a similar ball flight.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Add choking down on it and using a more upright swing to your list of things to try. That's what I'm going to try with a 2-hybrid that gives me a similar ball flight.

I will try that. If choking works I may get the shaft shortened along with my driver.

And you think too flat a swing?

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Gotta be my driver......... So frustrated, I'll work on it until I get that hook into a smooth draw, and all will be well, and all of the sudden I'll start push/blocking it. When you're playing a draw and you push it the other way, it's nothing but disaster. Definately being replaced before spring, trying to choose between the R11 and the 910

Note: This thread is 4803 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!