IGNORED

What golfers do you root against?

Todd Ruggere
Note: This thread is 3463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You tune in on Sunday and you see this name on the top of the leaderboard. Which golfers do you actually watch just to root against. YOu will root for anyone to win, just so this guy can't win.

For me its

Tiger

Jim Furyk

Ben Crane

Sergio

Just not a fan of any of them.

Originally Posted by Todd Ruggere

You tune in on Sunday and you see this name on the top of the leaderboard. Which golfers do you actually watch just to root against. YOu will root for anyone to win, just so this guy can't win.

For me its

Tiger

Jim Furyk

Ben Crane

Sergio

Just not a fan of any of them.

I cheer against anyone who's very strongly rumoured to have been violent to their spouse or sued a children's charity.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Tiger Woods, John Daly, and to a lesser extent, Serigo Garcia.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

John Daly, Phil Mickelson, Lee Westwood.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't really root against him, cause I enjoy watching him compete and hit great shots...but when it's actually coming down to the wire between Tiger and someone else I'm rooting for the other guy 99% of the time.  Unless it's John Daly, or Jeff Overton, or Colin Montgomerie.

Originally Posted by hokiebound

I honestly can say I don't really hate any golfer.

I don't hate any of them. I just root against/don't like them.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

This briar.

2Q==

Driver: Ping K15 10°, Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 63g Stiff
Fairway 4-wood: TaylorMade RocketBallz Tour TP 17.5°, Matrix Ozik TP7HD S shaft

Hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 3H-4H, Aldila DVS Stiff
Irons: MIURA PP-9003, Dynamic Gold Superlite S300, Sand Wedge: Scratch 8620 56°
Putter: Nike Method Concept Belly 44"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B330-S

How can you not like Boo?

Originally Posted by JerseyThursday

This briar.

Cleveland Hibore XLS Driver: Nike Ignite2 Irons: Adams SW and LW: Odyssey White Hot Mallet: Bridgestone e6 and TreoSoft Balls etc...

You guys got some weird people on your list. For me its only Sabbatini, but I don't get to get my Haterade on very much considering hes not really ever in contention. That dude has always and will forever rub me the wrong way.

However, I do root against Faldo and Miller all the time and they aren't even playing.

Because he's a tool? I don't cheer against him, because I don't care, Just throwing it out there.

Speaking of tools. Does anyone ever cheer against Ryan Moore? I'm so sick of that guy.

Originally Posted by Radford Wooly

How can you not like Boo?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyThursday

This briar.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Ian Poulter – Another stiff-ass Brit who looks like he is constantly in the midst of a deep homosexual panic

Lee Westwood – Is he affected by some kind of chromosomal condition?

Briny Baird – Sounds like a disease you get from spending too much time at sea

Chris DiMarco – Whiner

Tim Herron – Eat a salad fat boy

Ryan Moore –  Wannabe Backstreet-boy catamite

Rory Sabbatini – Dude, are you wearing lipstick?

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

Note: This thread is 3463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!