IGNORED

Which club you mostly use for chipping (chip and run) ?

Gerald
Note: This thread is 4794 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which club you mostly use for chipping (chip and run) ?

• 7i
    • 8i
    • 9i
    • PW
    • GW
    • SW
    • LW

i use my 9i only b/c when i had my pings, the loft on my 8i is now the same as it is on my 9i.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

8I generally for a true roll.  If it's downhill or a fairly short distance, then I'll use something more lofted, but that depends on the situation.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I never use anything under my pw I always seem to hit it way to far, I feel like I have no touch with an iron, When I use my pw I normally get it down pretty quick and normally do about a 25%air 75%run. but can do the 50/50 if need. My short game is actually the best part of my game I love to practice chipping. I normally try and spend about two hours a week on my chipping now only if I could spend that much time on my driver and consistantly hit that.

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I said LW, but learning how to chip with a lower-lofted club is one of my goals...one that has me hitting shots through various configurations of my apartment with 8i, PW and LW.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Originally Posted by ohiolefty

I said LW, but learning how to chip with a lower-lofted club is one of my goals...one that has me hitting shots through various configurations of my apartment with 8i, PW and LW.

My basement setup is so simple. I chip with each club from LW to 3-iron into a flexible soft plastic laundry basket (laid on its side) at different distances. The basket sort of collapses so the ball must be rolling before it gets to the basket (or sometimes I try to fly the ball into the narrow opening).

I also have a drill with long irons and a cardboard box that's best tried when the wife is away (involves ballistics).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I use my 7-iron and treat it pretty much like a putt.  It can sometimes depend upon the shot though.  If Im on the edge of the green and its a green with a downhill slope, I will pull out the LW, pop the ball into the air so that it just catches the edge of the green and then less the slope draw the ball towards the hole.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Note: This thread is 4794 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!