IGNORED

My swing (Andre54)

Andre54
Note: This thread is 4822 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi All

Please all suggestions are welcome

I have a issue with a over the top move and this causes me to slice and hook the ball.

I am working on hip slide and dropping hands into the slot to try correct the problem

Thanks for any help in advance

In the posted video, the OTT move isn't bad--your forward swing is a bit too steep.  Please post a face on view.

What I see on the video

--you should get your hands in a deeper position (google search "deep hand's thesandtrap.com" thread)

you over swing a bit on the backswing and your right elbow looses some connection to the torso and you need to get your hips more forward going into the ball.

What has worked for me--feel like 3/4 backswing.  At the top of the backswing feel your right palm pushing into the club grip feel pushing the club away from your body.  As you push away with your arms at the top of the backswing, pause with your arms and fire the legs and hips forward.  Doing this will initiate the forward swing with the legs/hips.  Get your right elbow to your side to initiate the forward swing  (if you've stayed connected, the right elbow will already be in a good position and there won't be a need to drop the club or your arms down)

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Backswing looks really good, the club is on plane "the butt end of the club is pointing back at the target line/ball", red line.

White lines are your alignment.

Andre54 backswing.jpg

On the downswing the club gets a little outside "OTT", yellow line. When you start the downswing try and turn your hips first and feel what the hands

and arms do. They should feel as if they drop straight down.  If you start the downswing with your upper body the arms swing first and cause the OTT move.

Andre54 downswing.jpg

At the top you look great and your side tilt is pretty good as well.

Andre54 tilt1.jpg

Your over all swing is really good. Keep working on getting your hips to turn first and letting the hands drop down more in the slot.

5 Simple Keys® Associate

"Golf is not a game of great shots. It's a game of the most accurate misses.

The people who win make the smallest mistakes." - Gene Littler

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4822 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!