IGNORED

Spitting on the Golf Course

iacas
Note:Β This thread is 1929 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

35 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about spitting on the golf course?

• No spitting anywhere, ever!
    • Spit in certain locations, not in others.
    • Spit wherever you want.

Originally Posted by Kieran123

What about swallowing it? Disgusting yes, but less disgusting for everyone else :)

what about all the bird and animal feces on the course? Your outside spit all your want, just not on the green.

I don't have a problem with spitting in general. Like Iacas I wouldn't spit on the green or tees and wouldn't look favorably on someone who did. So, I voted for 2.

I find spitting to be pretty uncouth behavior.Β  In some environments it is perfectly acceptable, but those are few and far between.Β  Golf is not one of them.

Originally Posted by iacas

Seriously? I couldn't care less if someone spits on my lawn. It's just grass, and dirt, and spit.

• Upvote 2

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

Originally Posted by motteler621

what about all the bird and animal feces on the course? Your outside spit all your want, just not on the green.

What the hell are you doing.... crawling around with your face in the dirt?Β  I've never eaten dung while playing golf, even though there is goose poop all over the place.Β  I've seen guys lick their golf ball to clean it.... if your one of those then I'd recommend trying the ball washer.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Fourputt

What the hell are you doing.... crawling around with your face in the dirt?Β  I've never eaten dung while playing golf, even though there is goose poop all over the place.Β  I've seen guys lick their golf ball to clean it.... if your one of those then I'd recommend trying the ball washer.

lol, i think you are misunderstanding me. Im saying there is animal feces all over the course so it shouldnt matter if you are spitting in the grass with the poop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran123 View Post

I personally hate public spitting. If the majority of the population can live day by day without spitting, why do people need to do it?

I think it makes the person look like a caveman.

So spitting for me is a no no anywhere, golf course or street

EDIT: Pissing is different...no one would dare piss on the green or fairway ( I hope )...and pissing can be a must....spitting is never a must...unless a bug flies in your mouth or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon View Post

I agree with Kieran. Spitting is only ever called for when you happen to have something like a bug fly into your mouth (and even then it should only be enough to get rid of it, not 5 minutes of saliva stored up to eject).

Spitting is what children do in the playground to make themselves look big and clever before they take up smoking and drinking. I think the person spitting for the sake of it is disgusting and am likely to say so if I find it particularly offensive or they're doing it repeatedly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran123 View Post

What about swallowing it? Disgusting yes, but less disgusting for everyone else :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plugged
I find spitting to be pretty uncouth behavior.Β  In some environments it is perfectly acceptable, but those are few and far between.Β  Golf is not one of them.

Some of the more ridiculous posts I have ever seen here... Get over yourselves.

I spit on the course, however infrequent, but not on the green/fringe/teebox/anywhere playing partners might walk.

People who say they don't spit on a Golf Course are full of it! They probably think they're poop doesn't stink also!!

Cleveland Hibore XLS Driver: Nike Ignite2 Irons: Adams SW and LW: Odyssey White Hot Mallet: Bridgestone e6 and TreoSoft Balls etc...

Originally Posted by Radford Wooly

People who say they don't spit on a Golf Course are full of it! They probably think they're poop doesn't stink also!!

Bull... I don't spit anywhere, on or off the course.Β  Why would I?Β  I don't chew tobacco, I don't hawk up loogees.Β  There is nothing wrong with swallowing spit.Β  You do it all the time eating and drinking.Β  I guess we were raised differently.

• Upvote 2

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Bull... I don't spit anywhere, on or off the course.Β  Why would I?Β  I don't chew tobacco, I don't hawk up loogees.Β  There is nothing wrong with swallowing spit.Β  You do it all the time eating and drinking.Β  I guess we were raised differently.

I guess so

Cleveland Hibore XLS Driver: Nike Ignite2 Irons: Adams SW and LW: Odyssey White Hot Mallet: Bridgestone e6 and TreoSoft Balls etc...

it's funny how some people think it's okay to piss on the course but not spit. lol. spitting on the course is like rain drops in the ocean. seriously if you can piss on the course you might as well be able to take a shit right? the geese at my home course do all over the place. if its not in a place where someones hand is going to get close to it like marking on the green or a loogie where im going to tee my ball up, i dont think its that serious (the spit that is)

titleist.gifΒ 910 D2Β 10.5 ProLaunch Blue S 55

:callaway:Β X2 Hot 3W Β | Β X Hot Pro 16H Β |Β Β X2 Hot 19H

:callaway:Β Apex 4-PWΒ Project X 5.0 Flighted Β Β 

vokey.gifΒ SM4 50.12, SM5 55.11
:cameron:Β Del MarΒ Β | Β titleist.gifΒ NXT Tour S Β 

Originally Posted by grandaddy510

it's funny how some people think it's okay to piss on the course but not spit. lol. spitting on the course is like rain drops in the ocean. seriously if you can piss on the course you might as well be able to take a shit right? the geese at my home course do all over the place. if its not in a place where someones hand is going to get close to it like marking on the green or a loogie where im going to tee my ball up, i dont think its that serious (the spit that is)

Exactly!! Spit in emergency situations and the same for pissing since that is more acceptable!! L.O.L!!!!

I voted the second option, I don't think I have more than a couple of times, but I think some people are being a bit ridiculous about all of this. Do people spit? yes. Is it unecessary? yes. Will it continue to happen (hopefully off the greens)? yes.

Originally Posted by dhanson

Some of the more ridiculous posts I have ever seen here... Get over yourselves.

I spit on the course, however infrequent, but not on the green/fringe/teebox/anywhere playing partners might walk.

Originally Posted by Radford Wooly

My humblest apologies for being brought up with a little common decency.

Just because you find it acceptable to spit, it doesn't neccessarily follow that others do likewise. It's not about being 'holier than thou', it's about a difference of opinion. I realise it's 98% water and it's not harming anyone, I just don't do it myself.

SWING DNA
Speed [77]Β TempoΒ [5]Β ToeDown [5]Β KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5Β° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305Β [:-P]

Don't spit on the green/fringe or teebox and we'll get along just fine. I used to chew tobacco, but would spit at the base of trees or in bushes while on the course.

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

My humblest apologies for being brought up with a little common decency.

Just because you find it acceptable to spit, it doesn't neccessarily follow that others do likewise. It's not about being 'holier than thou', it's about a difference of opinion. I realise it's 98% water and it's not harming anyone, I just don't do it myself.

POTD. Had me chuckling to myself.

Note:Β This thread is 1929 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!